Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 12:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES...  (Read 319 times)
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES...
« on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 2:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES YOU'LL HEAR THE TRUTH  

Ya gotta chuckle at this... (regardless if you know who Jean Cretin is)

Jean Chrétien was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a discussion related to words and their meanings.  

The teacher asked the Prime Minister if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word tragedy."  

So, Jean asked the class for an example of a tragedy.  

One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."  

No," said Chrétien, "that would be an accident."  

A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."  

I'm afraid not," the Prime Minister said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."  

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Prime Minister Chrétien searched the room and asked, "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"  

Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If the Canadian Forces plane carrying Mr. and Mrs.  Chrétien was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens, THAT  would be a tragedy."  

“That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?” asked the Prime Minister.  

“Well,” Johnny said, “because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great Loss...”

IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 2:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

LMAO Grant. I know a lot of folks who would pay good money to be the one to push that missile button!!

Gotta love our Slime Minister, huh?  NOT.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss