Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « triggers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   triggers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: triggers  (Read 1366 times)
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: triggers
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 2:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 28th, 2003, 2:10pm, brain_cramps wrote:
             In the mean time, how many headaches did you have?  or do you go for days without a headache?

ya lost me!

Holy crap, dude!   You're scaring me now!

grant

i only get a couple headaches a year, so far...
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 3:00pm »

on Nov 28th, 2003, 2:52pm, bean wrote:

If that's the case, I would HIGHLY doubt that they are cluster headaches.   Cluster headaches, by definition, come in clusters.   If I were you, I'd go see a neurologist and if you have, go see a different one.

grant
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2003, 3:06pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #27 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 28th, 2003, 2:52pm, bean wrote:

Agree with Brain_Cramps. CH sufferers get a couple headaches a day !! Check with a Neuro. Have you had brain scans & such to find out why you get headaches ?
IP Logged
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #28 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 4:08pm »

I'm purty sure they're clusters. the pain only in one eye, severity of pain, waking in the middle of the night, severity of pain, i guess that might explain though, just about all the time i live with shadows. mabye those are my clusters. mainly just big ones couple times a year though.

has anyone ever described it like giving birth through their eye, though, if its not cluster? or like a serrated knife jammed in an eye that some mean person wearing boots and a buzzcut  comes by and kicks every once in a while, while he smiles and smokes a cigar? my eye just about hurts all the time, just not a major explosion.
its like living with an angry god(stone idol) all the time, doing everything you can to appease him and just hope he doesn't get pissed off. this shit is cluster till someone tells me about something that hurts more. know what i mean? Cheesy
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 5:24pm »

on Nov 28th, 2003, 4:08pm, bean wrote:
I'm purty sure they're clusters.

So, you have or have not been diagnosed?
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
amen
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 7:55pm »

I woud suggest having your eyes checked as well. Undecided  I am not claiming to be an expert because I am still learning about this myself but i have to tend to agree that you would have more than just a couple ha's a year.  I am not a very severe case based on what I have seen at this website, and I even get at least 2 ha's a day during cycle.  By the way, can I ask what kind of meds. you are on?
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #31 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 28th, 2003, 1:17pm, jadedgazer wrote:
I have an allergy to chocolate but it doesn't trigger CH's. It will however throw me into a full blown migraine within a couple of hours if I eat a Hershey bar. Not a pretty sight and it will last for two or three days. But my migraines are on the right side of my head while my CH's stay on the left.

My migraines are on the left and CH on the right.  Onions will whack me with a migraine!
IP Logged
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 9:43pm »

Looks like a pretty good Migraine list going here
IP Logged
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:35pm »

on Nov 28th, 2003, 5:24pm, Prense wrote:

So, you have or have not been diagnosed?

i dont think so, but cant say for sure. i quit going to doctors(about eyeaches) about 10-15 years ago when i realized they couldnt do jack but try and have me be a guinea pig.

just curious, and mabye not the right forum, but it might be worth considering having a page to go to on this site with everyone who wants to be in a list with all pertinant and/or relevant info for each person regarding clusters.  
suspected triggers, cycles times a year, symptoms, how long headaches last ,etc. all on one easy to read page.  

and the curious part- does EVERYBODY have multiple headaches a day, multiple days, etc.?
 mine just is one big headache that is like a balloon being blown into every 15-20 min or so, but one long continous EA-eyeache.  
also just anecdotally - my left eye-pain side- is much worse than my right one to do with vision. anybody else?
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:17pm by bean » IP Logged
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:40pm »

[quote author=amen link=board=general;num=1069987553;start=25#30 date=11/28/03 at 19:55:19

By the way, can I ask what kind of meds. you are on? [/quote]

not a damn thing- I thought it(drugs/meds) might be like Visene, where it (visene)constricts the blood vessels in your eye, and eventually makes your eyes red all the time. (at least from high school dope lore) and from reading here, it kind of sounds plausible.
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:12pm »

There is no doubt that symptoms do vary from person to person with CH.  The same holds true for many of the different HA conditions out there.  Sometimes people end up here "self diagnosed".  To my knowledge, none of us here are docs...I definately am not one.  Therefore, we are in no position whatsoever to diagnose.  

I am particularly cautious about tossing advice out to someone that I am unfamiliar with.  Some of the treatments we use when combined with other ailments, conditions, etc., can quite frankly, kill you.  These considerations are made when a doc selects a specific treatment for the diagnosed condition.

Head pain can be very a sign of a very serious condition...although, not normally.

My advice, get a doc (neuro, GP, whatever) and get diagnosed and hopefully successful treatment.

BTW, if you do have CH, you will end up being a guinea pig anyway if you want some sort of relief.  It is of no fault to the doc...so far, no one treatment works for all of us.

Regards!
Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:40pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:12pm, Prense wrote:
There is no doubt that symptoms do vary from person to person with CH.  The same holds true for many of the different HA conditions out there.  Sometimes people end up here "self diagnosed".  To my knowledge, none of us here are docs...I definately am not one.  Therefore, we are in no position whatsoever to diagnose.  

I am particularly cautious about tossing advice out to someone that I am unfamiliar with.  Some of the treatments we use when combined with other ailments, conditions, etc., can quite frankly, kill you.  These considerations are made when a doc selects a specific treatment for the diagnosed condition.

Head pain can be very a sign of a very serious condition...although, not normally.

My advice, get a doc (neuro, GP, whatever) and get diagnosed and hopefully successful treatment.

BTW, if you do have CH, you will end up being a guinea pig anyway if you want some sort of relief.  It is of no fault to the doc...so far, no one treatment works for all of us.

Regards!
Chris

Ive been through the rounds (cat scan, pupils dilated and looked through, etc.) when i was a lad. thats why im not concerned about it being much.--ITS NOT A TUMAH!

But the whole point of this thread was that I WAS/am having relief w/out the meds. just the removal of the ingestable triggers. And mabye if those were removed, others might find going to sleep isnt a problem anymore.

when i first started having them when i was 5,6,7? i would wake up in the middle of the night with a HA. it would blow my mind, and at the end of every one, i would puke jet force. ((any body else have that happen??)), then go to sleep and wake up and be fine in the morning. ahh, youth.
When i started getting older, combined with not eating (or smoking/drinking) the triggers, they would come whenever, residual into the next day, but not be as bad pain. now the pain is not much at all. just a semi-there shadow, and havent had a headache in a while, which is fine by me. but the last couple of years, the pain level has went down and down.
and like i say for people who smoke/drink etc., when i used to, i would be fine, too. just my regular headache twice or thrice a year. now that im off, the pain is SO MUCH reduced! you build a tolerance to these things, in my opinion.  
like if you place a block on the ground and step on it, then another, and another, and on and on and up and up until you eventually you fall. No blocks placed in the first place, no fall.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss