Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 4:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Prayers for a Friend »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Prayers for a Friend
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prayers for a Friend  (Read 426 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

Prayers for a Friend
« on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,
This isn't headache related, although I guess indirectly it is since my figure skating teacher, Dena, has been a tremendous help to me throughout all I've gone through with my headache and my life since I've known her.
I just found out this morning that on Sunday night, Dena's daughter and her daughter's father passed away from Carbon Monoxide poisoning from a faulty gas tank in the father's apartment.  This news came as a total shock to all of us.  Dena's daughter, Abby, was only 10 years old.  She was a terrific girl with a beautiful spirit and a great love for ice skating!  Our only peace comes from the fact that she passed away in her sleep and never knew what was happening to her.
Dena's father passed away a month ago from battling a year long battle with a very agressive cancer.  Dena is a wonderfully strong woman, but I am asking everyone I know to please pray for her and her family.  This is an awful lot for anyone to go through, and she really needs all of the support she can get right now.
If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for someone you don't know, that would be very much appreciated by me and by Dena and her family!  Take care!
~Lizz
IP Logged

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

Re: Prayers for a Friend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:31pm »

I'll gladly pray for her.  That is a terrible burden for anyone to bear.  Please pass on my condolences and let her know she will be in my prayers for some time to come.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:42pm »

Terrible news and They're in my thoughts.

10 years old..... Sad

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:43pm »

condolences vibes bein sent your way.....so sorry to hear about the losses......very sorry....how sad too !! Pam that worries about everything
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:57am »

Prayers and Vibes going up Lizzie2,
Sorry to hear the sad news.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:46am »

God Bless your friend and his daughter... I am so sorry for this devistating news.  Life is so hard and lately the news is horrendous... I don't have words for your friend.  No mother should have to see their child go first... I will pray that your fried find some consolation... This is a wake up call to all of us.  Get a Carbon Monoxide Detector... end this senseless silent death!

Love and Peace to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 6:59pm »

Thanks so much everyone for the prayers and thoughts.  I know Dena will appreciate it when I tell her.  Here is an article from today's local paper on what happened and it also offers info about carbon monoxide poisoning and getting a detector.  I urge everyone to check out the safety of their homes!  Life is too precious!
  www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/7402379.htm

No word yet on the services yet, but several of my friends and I plan on going.
Love, Lizz
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #7 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:40pm »

There is always a prayer in the wings.  Take care and God's healing hand on those that have lost.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:45pm »

Tears..and Prayers..so sad Sad
Huggs
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 5:40am »

That is very sad news... Cry
Prayers and good vibes are on the way. I wish you strength, too.

Best wishes,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 12:38pm »

Thanks again everyone.  Abby's obituary was in the paper today.  It is very nice.. Here's the link. www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/obituaries/7411282.htm
I skated my figure skating program today as a practice for the conclusion of the semester.  The final is next Thursday.  It's hard not having Dena there as we skate.  I put some of Abby's favorite jumps in my program in honor of her.  Smiley  They are called Bunny Hops...fitting for a kid, huh? Smiley  God, I miss her.  She's there though.  She will always be with us.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
~Lizz
IP Logged

thomas

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So tragic, I'm absoluteley crushed.  My thoughts are with her.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2003, 4:05pm by thomas » IP Logged
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 4:04pm »

Oh...... so sad Cry.... Positive vibes (like prayers) going your way..... Zaira Cry
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 4:10pm »

As a mother of two small children, news like that just kills me to see.  Cry And I know that I will hug my own children even tighter tonight when I pick them up form day care.  Please give her mother a hug and I wish there was anything that I could do to make it not hurt so much.  

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 7:54pm »

Abby's memorial service was today...I think I cried from the moment I hugged Dena until the very end.  Cry  They had pictures of Abby out in the lobby and throughout the service, children and adults shared memories of her.  Her cousins read letters that students and teachers at her elementary school had sent her "Dear Abby" since she has died.  They also read two mother's day cards that Abby sent her mom when she was 7 and then just last year.  That was ROUGH.  The little children's choir sang several songs, including "Somewhere Out There," which my brother and I have been singing together since that song first came out in the mid-80s when we were very little kids ourselves.  (Yes, I'm a child of the 80s!)  One little girl in the choir cried every time they sang, and it just broke my heart....  I just felt so sad, but the words of the service were comforting.  It was a comfort even though it brought great pain.

Here are the words to a song by Celine Dion when she lost her niece to Cystic Fibrosis, which my two cousins have.  I find a lot of comfort in these words:

"Fly fly little wing.  Fly beyond imagining.  The softest cloud, the whitest dove.  Upon the wing of Heaven's love.  Past the planets and the stars, leave this lonely world of ours.  Escape the sorrow and the pain and fly again.

Fly, fly precious one.  Your endless journey has begun.  Take your gentle happiness, far too beautiful for this.  Cross over to the other shore.  There is peace forevermore, but hold this mem'ry bittersweet until we meet.

Fly, fly do not fear.  Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear.  Your heart is pure, your soul is free.  Be on your way, don't wait for me.  Above the universe you'll climb.  On beyond the hands of time.  The moon will rise, the sun will set, but I won't forget.

Fly, fly little wing.  Fly where only angels sing.  Fly away, the time is right.  Go now, find the light."

No child should ever have to die, but they are God's little angels when they do.  And they are not gone from us as long as we remember...

~Lizzie
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss