Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sorry about the length...my 1st post. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sorry about the length...my 1st post.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sorry about the length...my 1st post.  (Read 382 times)
dkirin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sorry about the length...my 1st post.
« on: Dec 4th, 2003, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is my first post on any board  Embarassed I have spent the last several days (in-be-tween bouts with the beast  Sad ) reading past posts on this board.   Smiley I am so happy to have found ya'll!!  I'm sorry about the length, but I wanted to give you some background.  I had ch's as a child and totally blocked the memory.  My sister reminded me about them in 97.  In 93 I was driving (a van full of  Embarassed Kirby cleaners) down a mountain toward Sylva NC when I got hit with my first ch as an adult.  No idea what was going on, only pain behind my left eye so bad I couldn't see, barely able to get off the road.  Lasted about 45 minutes then disappeared.  Gradually increased in frequency to 8-10 per day until I found a neuro who knew about ch in 97.  Finding O2 & trex for abortives I could finally stop the beast, I thought I had it made. Then experienced my first remission from the beast using propananol and topamax  Grin However  Angry the beast wasn't finished with me.  I had 2 more remissions of about 6-8 months then wham  Cry May of 2002 I got hit with a 10 in front of my clients and coworkers at Craggy Gardens on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  The biggest change was that the headache didn't go away.  It stayed no better than a 4 until I got a referal to MHNI in December 02.  Stopped the ch the day they put me in the hospital with an IV drip of steroids.  Dx a secondary classic migraine and had RFA on the left.  Totally pain free for 6 weeks, then bam headache on the other side.  Another secondary migraine variant on the right that crossed over and reactivated the one on the left.  RFA on the right but the pain only went to a 2.  CH's restarted in June 03 and nothing has stopped it.  O2 only works on about 8 of 10 ch's and they worked up to 1 every 1 1/2 hours like clockwork.  Shadow's and both migraine variants that have been accompanying ch have made my life hell ever since then.  Doc's have thrown their hands up and said they don't no what else to try.  Presently taking verapamil qid doxopin 2 hours before bed, 18 ml of melatonin at bedtime, indomethacin, baclofen for background pain, along with O2 prn.  I have been working as a substance abuse counsellor in a 42 day inpatient setting for 2+ years and a detox for 3 years previous to that, for the local area mental health program.  I got hit 8-20-03 on the way to a 12 step meeting with clients and coworkers present  Embarassed and nowhere for me to go use O2.  Freaked them all out, sent me home until Docs release me and they won't.  I have had to give in to the beast and apply for disability retirement and SS disability.  Many thanks for what I read in the archives, I feel like I already know some of you  Wink  
Bill
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: Sorry about the length...my 1st post.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 11:05pm »

Hi Bill........you'll find alot of companionship here....and similar stories....hopen you can find sum mix that works for you and become PF soon or at least get better faster relief. Pam a round about supporter
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

hootchdom
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 4:05am »

Welcome,

I'm sure you will find this site to be a god send. Use it to its fullest. Its got great wealth of info if you take the time and read past posts (I've gone to perscribing my own meds) because my docs have also thrown up their hands.

When you feel like you need to vent. VENT !!!! Some one will read it and some will respond. Some one always seems to be around 24/7 to support and has been there and done that. So take advantage of it.

I'm at my witts end also, you might want to check out the alternative thearpy. It has caught my interest and I'm very seriously considering it.

Pain Free Days  
Hootchdom
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 8:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Bill.  I hope you can find some relief soon. Smiley
IP Logged
dkirin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 6:17pm »

Thanks for the support  Cool I appreciate you taking the time to read such a long post  Smiley I have no plans to make a habit of writing at such length, but I felt I should give the appropriate background the first time  Wink here's hoping for many PFDAN for all Clusterheads.
Bill
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 6:29pm »

Welcome home, bill

And welcome to the family, becareful of some of the others they will yell at you and call you names.

Me?, im your pal Grin

..................................jonny
IP Logged
dkirin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 6:41pm »

Thanks Jonny  Cool As for being yelled at...I've got pretty thick skin.
Bill
IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 1:24am »

couldnt find a place to use 02? ive used it in front of others may times if they dont like it they can F themselves.  Hope all goes better for you and you can get some PF time. Smiley
IP Logged
dkirin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 12:12pm »

We were traveling down the interstate hwy at the time, raining like crazy.  Nowhere to go and nothing I could do until we could get off the hwy.
Bill
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 1:22pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 6:29pm, jonny wrote:
Welcome home, bill

And welcome to the family, becareful of some of the others they will yell at you and call you names.

Me?, im your pal Grin

..................................jonny

That's Jonny,  the voice of reason.  Actually, in a previous life I think he was a nun.   Grin

Just don't ever say the "M" word.

Welcome aboard the the Good Ship Heads-that-Pop.

-fubar

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2003, 3:17pm by fubar » IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 2:13pm »

Welcome abord, Bill.  Sorry you have to be here.

on Dec 6th, 2003, 12:12pm, dkirin wrote:
We were traveling down the interstate hwy at the time, raining like crazy.  Nowhere to go and nothing I could do until we could get off the hwy.
Bill

on Dec 6th, 2003, 1:24am, 12gagueblast wrote:
couldnt find a place to use 02? ive used it in front of others may times if they dont like it they can F themselves.  Hope all goes better for you and you can get some PF time. Smiley

I agree with 12guague, F'em, if they don't like it!  There have been MANY times I have the O2 on while driving down the street!  I keep my tank right next to me.  It is better to be suckin on the O2, then trying to drive with one of these, with no chance of stopping it sooner!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
jonny

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 3:02pm »

on Dec 6th, 2003, 1:22pm, fubar wrote:
Just don't ever say the "M" word.

Just what do you mean "M" word?....I do my share for that cause....just click the top link at the bottom of my posts  Grin

...............................jonny  
 finger
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 3:16pm »

You know there really is a LMAO.com?  LMAO
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 7:07pm »

Yea, when Jonny drives down the road, all of the sheep back up to the fences!
Watch out for Jonny!  Grin

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss