Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 7:55pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Profound truth »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Profound truth
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Profound truth  (Read 384 times)
Elaine

Email

Profound truth
« on: Dec 7th, 2003, 9:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because  
they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming or are too rigid to depart from their routine. I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back  From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.  

How many women out there will eat at home because their husband didn't suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the word "refrigeration" mean nothing to you?  How often have your kids dropped in to talk and sat in silence while you watched 'Jeopardy' on television? I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, "How about going to lunch in a half hour?"  She would gas up and stammer,  "I can't,  I have clothes on the line,  my hair is dirty, or  I wish I had known yesterday."  And my personal favorite:  "It's Monday." ...
She died a few years ago.  We never did have lunch together.  

We Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our headaches.  We live on a sparse diet of promises & conditions!  We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Stevie toilet-trained. We'll entertain when we replace the living-room carpet.  We'll go on a second honeymoon when we get two more kids out of college. I'll talk to her when she admits she's wrong.  When things are right we'll get back together.  

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older.  The days get shorter, and the list of promises to ourselves gets longer.  One morning, we awaken, and all we have to show for our lives is a litany of "I'm going to," "I plan on," and "Someday, when things are settled down a bit."

When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and available for trips.  She keeps an open mind on new ideas.  Her enthusiasm for life is contagious.  You talk with her for five minutes, and  
you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of Rollerblades and skip an elevator for a bungee cord.  Her philosophy, "Share, enjoy, live and be kind"

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years.  I love ice cream. It's just that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a spatula and eliminate the digestive process.  The other day, I stopped the car and bought a triple-decker.  If my car had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day.  Do something you WANT to......NOT something you SHOULD DO. If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say?  Now, why are you waiting?  Don't wait until its to late.  Life is to short!  

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain lapping on the ground?  Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night?  Do you run through each day on the fly?  When you ask "How are you?"  Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head?  Ever told your child, "We'll do it tomorrow." And in your haste, not see his sorrow?  Ever lost touch?  Let a good friendship die?  Just call to say "Hi"?  When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift...Thrown away... Life is not a race. Take it slower.  Hear the music before the song is over.  

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!  

IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

Re: Profound truth
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 7th, 2003, 9:28am, Elaine wrote:
If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say?  

Hear the music before the song is over.  

Thanks Elaine you made me smile for the first time today.....I'd call my friend and i'd say 'Im loving angels instead..'

Cathy  Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:45pm »

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO LAINIE!!!  YOU ARE SO PROFOUND...........  

PS I already try to live like that~~~ I never hang up without saying I love you...  

Have fun~~~ be free~~~ Live!!!  God bless ya cutie... LOVE TO YOU REE
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:48pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:58pm »

Thanks Elaine.

We just got back from the game and you know what?...it don't matter.

I'm taking Dianne out to dinner.

Steve G

P.S. Thanks for the Christams card.  You're the best.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 6:14pm »

How very true, sis...again, thanks for remembering me at Christmas...I have already eaten my candy up LOL...Toby is pissed at me so I had to give him a bite of the cheese. Grin...Give Buddy a big hug for me and the Tobster...We are taking Tristan to Georgia friday for our family gathering...Stephen cant leave Ft. Bragg so he cant attend our family Christmas this year...But we will make up for it on Christmas day here....Love you much, smiles, nancyc
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 11:58pm »

Very profound, indeed, E

It sure makes me think of alot of things I should do.  Guess I best get busy doing them    Huh

The phone call ????   Well, I am a selfish bitty....I would have to ask for 2 calls.

One would be to my "angel" and friend, Jackie and her hubby, Blake.  The 2nd would be to you !!!!

Thank you E....for all that you do and for all that you are to so many here.

I love you, sweet lady........

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 6:04am »

Lovely words... Smiley

Luckily for me, I have been doing exactly that for a while now. CH taught me, how precious those rare PF days are...  And in few days (Sat 13th) I'll be home again, I'll get to meet my mum and all friends. I haven't seen them since September.

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss