Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Boycott Circuit City and Best Buy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Boycott Circuit City and Best Buy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Boycott Circuit City and Best Buy  (Read 560 times)
don

Email

Boycott Circuit City and Best Buy
« on: Dec 7th, 2003, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The only two merchants to have declined to allow OUCH to become part of their affiliate programs. Their response;

Thank you for submitting your application to the Circuitcity.com Affiliate Program.  We appreciate your interest in joining our program, however, we are only accepting partners who are either highly targeted or have a large user base. We have carefully reviewed your site and unfortunately do not feel that your site meets this criteria.  

Go to their websites and email the shit out of them.

IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

Re: Boycott Circuit City and Best Buy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 12:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wonder what their competitors would think of this...
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 1:19pm »

Ok  I can do that.

TTFN
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 2:56pm »

No way, I gotta buy a dvd player from one of these guys, lol.
They aren't the ONLY ones that denied us affiliation...
LLbean was "by invitation ONLY"...snooty Smiley
Priceline said no.
Footlocker said no too, LOL.

Sawrite, we got LOTS of good places to shop!!
Now...hsg is having issues, so I moved the page over to maplefalls, so here's the new link...although you can use both links until hsg goes belly up.

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/affiliates.htm

Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 2:59pm »

Best buy is Circuit city's competition....LOL

............................jonnyGrin
IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 3:12pm »

Hey Jonny,

Email them some of your "snow pictures" see if that meets thier "criteria"...

LMAO

Donna D.
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 3:13pm »

on Dec 7th, 2003, 2:59pm, jonny wrote:
Best buy is Circuit city's competition....LOL

............................jonnyGrin

LMAO jonny ---- how the hell would i know?   we don't have either up here!

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 3:16pm »

Geeze. LL Bean used to be the Ben and Gerrys for sportsman.

I guess now they are the Victoria Secret for Mickey Jackson.
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 4:03pm »

...Not CH related, but you might consider the following when you do your Christmas shopping. A buddy sent it to me:

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently, we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management, "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France.  Without the American Vets, where would France be today?

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

Dick Forrey

Veterans helping Veterans

EDIT: did some checking on this and found THIS:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

....hmmm, YOU decide....
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2003, 4:11pm by Not4Hire » IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 4:12pm »

Good Heavens!!!!

Target gets almost all of my money every month!!!

Now I am MAD!!!!

And I just did my Christmas shopping at Best Buy.

Man.  I am bummed.  Target sucks!!  Someone should tell Bob and Tom, or somebody.

jonny, you need to pound 'em!
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 6:31pm »

Mast, maybe we need a standard type email to send out to all of these stores that would not let us join their program....something we could all copy and email to them ...do you think that would work? I have found that when we do it that way, more folks seem to participate..and we need numbers when we email these folks....they want NUMBERS...LET'S GIVE THEM NUMBERS....Alot of Complaints!  Plus, I think maybe I need to close my account with Circuit City and let them know the reason I did..I probably dont have enough money to carry their credit card anyway. After all, I have clusterheadaches and belong to a small group of sufferers that probably dont shop anyway...LOL.... Smileynancyc  
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2003, 6:34pm by nancyc » IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:36pm »

Easy. No CS, no Best Buy, no Target.

Crappy of them.  Angry

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:45pm »

Wow...Mastifflvr28's site has a list of the places donating to OUCH ! That's so cool...I had no idea.

And oh yea... SCREW Circuit City and Best Buy !  laugh

IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:46pm »

I dunno if it'll make much difference Nancy.
It's not that big of a deal, I don't think.  We still got LOTS of good affiliates to shop from...one of them being TARGET!!!  I delete us from thier affiliation...and tell em WHY if ya'll want me to!!

Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:21am »

That Target story is crap.  Target is an American company, always has been.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:36am »

Yes, but all the crap they sell is made in China.  

Lee
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Boycott THIS.........
« Reply #16 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:40am »

on Dec 8th, 2003, 12:21am, fubar wrote:
That Target story is crap.

Give `em hell, Fu. If I have to buy cheap, it's only because my kids kinda got used to eating daily, cursed be the thankless beggers.

$87 billion well spent,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:55am »

on Dec 8th, 2003, 12:36am, forgetfulnot wrote:
Yes, but all the crap they sell is made in China.  

Lee

That’s a tired argument.

If product-x costs $10 to make here, you’ll end up paying between $20-$30 for it by the time it is on a shelf in any store.

If product-x is produced in China, the total cost (even after you ship it to that same store) is probably more like $2.  Maybe less.  Americans save money buying it.  Americans make higher profit margins reselling them.  Americans live better because goods are cheaper and they get to keep more of their money.  

Are you telling me it’s a good thing if your children end up in factories producing these goods here in the good old USA?  Bullshit.  Those jobs suck.  And don’t try and tell me the Chinese are making all the money from selling those goods here.  It’s American companies, for the most part, that have opened up factories overseas.  They enjoy lower cost of operations and higher profit margins.  They are generally public companies too, so the beneficiaries are (usually) the share holders (more Americans).

I forgot… what was bad about this?  You seriously want a job making DVD players?

Do rational people actually believe that buying something that has a "Made in China" label means your money is going to China?  Or that a job you want is going to China?  Are you ready to start paying 5 times the price to get the same goods?

-Fu

IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 1:01am »

on Dec 8th, 2003, 12:55am, fubar wrote:
 Are you ready to start paying 5 times the price to get the same goods?
-Fu

Only if it's sanctioned by the Bushmeister, and it helps pay for the war effort.

I fish and I vote,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Major_Headcase
New Board Veteran

« Reply #19 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 2:08am »

Please be sure to read the link Not4Hire added to his message. I checked the VFW site and they confirm that this Target attack info is more than a bit deceptive.

Here's a link to what the VFW says about the Target deal:
http://www.vfw.org/news/target.htm

Here's the main body, but click on it yourself to confirm:

The Veterans of Foreign Wars would like to remind all that the Internet culture weaves rumors and misinformation. Simply put, don’t believe everything you read. For example, an e-mail message urging veterans to boycott Target has been circulating on the Internet because a solicitation request to support “The Moving Wall” was denied.

Target has a long-held corporate policy regarding donations. And in all fairness, Target contributes more than $2 million weekly to charitable causes and is one of the corporate sponsors for the 2003 tour of the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Fund’s “The Wall That Heals.”  “The Wall That Heals” is a traveling Vietnam Veterans memorial and museum that has a strong educational component for schools and serves to honor all our veterans

IP Logged
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:17pm »

on Dec 7th, 2003, 4:03pm, Not4Hire wrote:
...Not CH related, but you might consider the following when you do your Christmas shopping. A buddy sent it to me:

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently, we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management, "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France.  Without the American Vets, where would France be today?

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

Dick Forrey

Veterans helping Veterans

EDIT: did some checking on this and found THIS:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

....hmmm, YOU decide....

Yeah,  they do give to charitable contributions & they make this point known every chance they get.

But I quit working at Target 3 years ago due to their views on who they give too. They get boycotted all the time. They are sooooo afraid of sponsoring a "cause" that may be considered controversial.  I wouldn't walk into a Target if they were giving away money...

Jim
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:20pm by Jimmy_B » IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 1:35pm »

Quote:
You seriously want a job making DVD players?  

Hmmm, I can think of many jobs that are worse than that, like working at Target.  Wink

Lee
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 2:52pm »

The fact that they don't support us, or won't let us into their affiliate program is not enough reason to boycott someone (IMHO).  There are lots of worthy groups out there.  No company can support them all.  We are not being singled out for exclusion - the policies likely exclude lots of good groups.  

A few years ago, internet affiliate and banner advertising programs would accept anyone. Today, most have become very selective. Because they want a particular demographic, or they don't want millions of accounts, most of which generate less money than they think they need to make it worth their time.  

We're all free to make our own choices on who to buy from and who to avoid.  But I think the group should save the possibility of boycotts for bigger issues.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss