Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 7:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « BP Chart (ch and not ch) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   BP Chart (ch and not ch)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BP Chart (ch and not ch)  (Read 328 times)
Miklos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

BP Chart (ch and not ch)
« on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone have a source for a blood pressure chart? I have Isolated Systolic Hypertension and need to track daily. I have a tracking program, but the graphics are very poor.  

The doctor has me on both verapamil and Mycartis HCL. He keeps me on the 240 mg verapamil to avoid a prolonged ramp-up if I start a cluster episode which, if on schedule, will probably start in January. Combining the meds works fine, but there are times when the systolic has dropped to 105 which is not so good (for me).  

In the '60s when I was a surgical tech, we used to have a blue BP graph sheet for a patient's medical chart. That's kind of what I am looking for.

Thx in advance.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2003, 1:41pm by Miklos » IP Logged

Don't be offended by my frank analysis. Think of it as personality dialysis.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Re: BP Chart (ch and not ch)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:34pm »

Hmmm I don't have any graph or chart, but if 105 for systolic is bad I'm in real trouble - thats my norm Wink

Wish I could help you out Mik, but I don't know of anywhere you can get anything unless its through your doc.  I just chart mine by writing it down every day and let the docs scratch their head at what a mess it is.

Hope things are ok for ya though.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Normal for me is usually low.  The last trip to the Dr my BP was only 102/64.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What about a spreadsheet?? Should be able to use it to record data, make graphs, print out graph paper, calculate averages, etc.  

If you don't have a spreadsheet on your computer, check out www.openoffice.org - their program is a little slow, but, hey, its also free.
IP Logged
Major_Headcase
New Board Veteran

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 4:41pm »

Miklos,

I don't know if this will help you out or not ... it's shareware and can export to Excel.

http://www.visorvillage.com/software/pc/UTS-Blood-Pressure-2003-1-21-pal m-pc.html

UTS BP 1.6
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 5:28pm »

Brad has to monitor his blood pressure now too......doc has him on Altace (rampiril) 5 mg once a day rite now and has to keep a chart or LOG of his pressure daily till his next visit early January. He bought one of the portable blood pressure machines doc recommended he git to keep track at home verses goin to the drug mart or Walmart to do it like he was. The pharmacy recommended one called "Reli On".....ran about $ 40.00 and had the best comsumer report they said. (got it at Walmart) It comes with a log page with the instructions ect with it. That's what he uses to chart his BP. His BP hasn't really came down that much tho and he may have to go on the med twice a day or sumthin else. Hope this helps !?? Pam with normal to low BP cuz I'm a shrimp
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss