Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 3:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Quick question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Quick question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Quick question  (Read 375 times)
Kevin_

Email

Quick question
« on: Dec 8th, 2003, 9:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I first of all want to tell you all how much I admire you all.  There aren't many people that can understand the pain we all go through and the courage it takes to keep on keeping on.  I get CH's usually once a year for about 2-4 weeks.  Generally speaking they hit me 30-60 minutes after sleep and last for 30 minutes to an hour (yes, I consider myself lucky after reading about others).  The troubling part is they are starting to change.  I have had a 3-4 kip scale for about 9 hours.  My inclination is to sit on my imitrex spray until it unloads on me.  What kind of effect might it have if I take it before I go to sleep?  Will it kill the current one and avoid a new one?  I am afraid to waste one on a trial due to the $ and pain it is to get more.  I am getting my first injector tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see what affect that has.  Thanks all.  Kevin
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 9:58pm »

Imitrex spray is not a preventative. It may stop one from coming on that you dont know is coming on but that will probably be about it.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 10:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sometimes my husband Dave has tried the imatrex pills before bedtime because they take about 60 mins to get into your system... so by the time the rem sleep comes he gets the effects of the IMatrex and it either stops the attack or lessens the severity of it... Also have you tried melatonin or benadryl before sleep it stops the rem sleep to allow a lighter but better sleep while in the ch cycle.............good luck Kevin...(one of my favorite names)     ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Mac
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 10:07pm »

Welcome aboard  Kevin.Sorry you have to be here.I use Imitrex Spray as well. I'm not sure if you can or should use it as a pre-emptive strike sort of medicine. I would talk to your neurologist(I'm assuming you have one) about it.Imitrex isn't the easiest drug on the ol' body(heart).PFDAN   Mac    Smiley
IP Logged

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office". - Aesop
portfolio http://www.artwanted.com/McDonall
http://www.clusterheadaches.ca
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 10:17pm »

Hi Kevin.....hope ya find what relief there is out there and it work for ya........supporter relief Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 12:35am »

I, like Ree's Dave, have used the imitrex pills before i went to bed to prevent an attack...but never the nasal spray...dont think i would either...maybe you can get some of those if you are trying to avoid nightly attacks...My neuro was the one to suggest i try this and it worked...only problem , the beast has his schedule too..and would kick my butt the next morning bigtime to catch up on his torture regime.... Smileynancyc
IP Logged
Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 12:46am »

on Dec 8th, 2003, 9:58pm, don wrote:
Imitrex spray is not a preventative. It may stop one from coming on that you dont know is coming on but that will probably be about it.

Don is right and watch out the beast is a sneaky bastard.  Have you tried oxygen?  It won't stop one from coming at night but you may get relief when the bastard wakes you up.  It sure works for me.
IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 1:27am »

I get 9   Amerge per month.

Amerge is a Triptan.

Use it as a Preventative instead of an abortive.

Take one about an hr. before I need to sleep.

6 hours of sleep.   (nine days a month)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
thomas

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 8:23am »

on Dec 9th, 2003, 1:27am, Linda_Howell wrote:
I get 9   Amerge per month.

Amerge is a Triptan.

Use it as a Preventative instead of an abortive.

Take one about an hr. before I need to sleep.

6 hours of sleep.   (nine days a month)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Linda

Much better idea than imitrex.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 5:34pm »

I have used the amerge and the imitrex tablet as preventatives at nite...cant tell any difference...both of them help me get thru the nite...but i still get hit when i wake up the next morning...figure that... Roll Eyesnancyc
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2003, 5:35pm by nancyc » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss