Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 11:16pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Update  (Read 339 times)
MillieMoer
New Board Newbie
USA 

do the possible-leave the impossible to God

MillieMoer   Ponotions1
Email

My Update
« on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hammer

Well, I finally went to the Neurologist. She said I do have cluster headaches, and gave me some nasal spray of zomig...and they are working on the O2. At about noon today, I started getting one, so tried the spray, It turned into a nightmare of a headache, and not in the usual place, this one was in the back of my head (base of skull) and radiated down from ears on each side, and the temples .....I went to the ER, sat there for 2 hrs (this was at 5pm, after I called Chuck (who gracously left his # for me on a email when introducing himself  Grin), so i had already been suffering for a few hours before going, well, I just couldnt stand the pain anymore, and they were pissing me off saying well we have more important cases in front of you, (basically saying all i had was a "headache"Wink, I was crying, and told them "what do i have to do to be seen around here, slit my wrist?"  within 5 min i was taken back there, almost 20 min later they gave me a shot of something and O2. And i got a friendly visit from the social worker ---to make sure i wasnt serious about the slitting the wrist...I told her that I was at the point of desperation....but not desperate enuff to do that. The O2 helped somewhat, what ever the shot was it was useless. I left with still having a headache, and when i got home i took a perkocet, and it went away............anyway, thats my nitemare from tonight...

Thank you VERY much Chuck for being there ...especially for someone you dont know... hug
Millie
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Re: My Update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:23am »

Millie, glad I could be there for you.  That is what this site is about, be there for your sister or brother.

I am concerned about what they gave you at the hospital.  You need to know what they give you.  Sometimes it can have a bad reaction with other meds you are taking.  Try to find out what they gave you.

You need to go and see your neuro about the reaction you had to zomig.  There are other meds to try, if you have a bad reation to that one.  Imitrex is used by many here.

Push for your own oxygen tank at home.  We spoke of that on the phone.  It works best if you slap on the mask, AS SOON AS you feel the slightest twinges.  The sooner the better.  If you wait till you have a full blown hit, the chances of oxygen killing it are significantly reduced.

Keep us informed, and feel free to call me again if you are at your witt's end, or need to talk.  I am here for you!

Hope you get some PF time,
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 12:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Chuck rocks at taking care of us!  He is always there when you need him.  I hope I can do the same for him.  Millie, I hope you feel better.
IP Logged
MillieMoer
New Board Newbie
USA 

do the possible-leave the impossible to God

MillieMoer   Ponotions1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:26pm »

All I know about the shot is it was for pain and started with a P i think...I was in so much pain i couldnt remember ( I did ask though  LOL )  I still havent heard back from the neuro on the O2, it is only covered by Ins. if saturation is below 88 percent, or deemed medically nessasary.....so the trip to ER will help with that...i had another CH today, I took percocet for it...it did help...only thing is that on top of all this i have some kind of stomach virus (my 3yr old son too) so i am constantly nausiated and have vomiting (which does not help the head)....and i am suppose to leave for Florida (disney world) day after tomorrow!.......i AM very concerned about what to do if I get a CH there??? I think that maybe i didnt have a reaction to the the zomig, i was just having a severe HA, and i am afraid to take the zomig.....so i am gonna ask for something else....i wish this CH crap had a on/off switch.....I'd turn it off!!!!

I probibly wont get to post for a while since i wont be near a computer (and I will have withdrawles LOL)
So, I want to tell everyone now, that i wish you a pain free holiday....and when i get back, I plan on becomming more involved in my care, and this site....so dont forget me while im gone lol.....
Millie
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 8:04am »

My guess would be they gave you a shot of demerol.
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 8:18am »

Millie I have a 3-yr old too!  Hope you have PF trip to see Mickey Mouse!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss