Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 8:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Suspicious »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Suspicious
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suspicious  (Read 305 times)
BstnEagles
New Board Junior
USA 

Suspicious
« on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,

Today I went to the school infimary to see about this cold I have.  THey told me I ahve bronchitis and while I was there, I got a bad cluster.  They had me lay down and then the docotr wanted me to take a Relpax tablet.  I told him I did not think it was a good idea because I had taken a zomig nasal the day before (less than 24 hours) and that the box says not to take two different triptans in a 24 hour period.  He said it would be fine, but I did not take the pill. I have never even heard of Relpax.  Here's what WebMD had to say about it:  

Do Not Take If:

have taken another serotonin receptor agonist within the last 24 hours - these include almotriptan (Axert), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt-MLT), sumatriptan (Imitrex), and zolmitriptan (Zomig, Zomig-ZMT);  

I found this suspicious.  Also tonite I am addding 80mg of verapamil on top of my 240mg time release.  Going to the doc tomorrow, gotta find out about O2 and Lithium.

Later all....
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: Suspicious
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That 24 hr thing is on the cautious side.  Many of us have taken these meds without much regard for that caution and I have yet to hear of a bad reaction.

Myself, I take 3 times the allowed amount of cafergot with nothing more than cold fingers and toes.

BTW - even upping the verap to 320mg is on the low side.  Most success is seen with doses of 480 - 960mg/day.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:38am by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss