Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 4:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ER episode cont' »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ER episode cont'
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ER episode cont'  (Read 1060 times)
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

ER episode cont'
« on: Dec 10th, 2003, 10:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wanted to continue this thread, it looks like the original one is somewhat dead, but I wanted  give this bit of insight to see if I can help as well.

There may be a few people I still know in the hollywood crowd that I could call and see what the best avenues are.  

I will check and get back with you....  A few years ago I could have at least had a script/idea read by the producers of startrek...  but that was while Deep Space 9 was on.  I had a good friend as key makeup on that shoot.....  she and a few others still have really good contacts..  if Not ER we cn try for others as well.  

Some insights for scriptwriting...  Keep in mind that an ER episode is a serier of vignettes...  small litle stories with a outer story that ties it all together....  what needs to be said needs to be done consicely and too the point..  i would suggest searching for past scripts for ER, especially ones that were very good...  You can find screenplays online if you look in the right places.  

I would also suggest multiple options for the story, different characters...  Could you imagine Johhny as the character in question?  Who would they get to play him???  I shudder to think....  

Also they dig the stuff that makes people think and tugs at their moral and emotional strings.  

Read as many screenplays as you can get your hands on to see the style/feel of how they are put together... Understand the use of narative or first person, also scene descriptions and scene setup....  ie..    

"camera POV(point of view) over the should of DR. X pans left to view incoming patient ariving via gurny."  

You will be taken more serious if you look like you know what you are doing, even if it is just to give ideas to the writers/producers.  

Just my 2cents worth

Athos  

IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: ER episode cont'
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

jonny could play himself. WOW what a story that would be. LOL
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:32am »

on Dec 10th, 2003, 11:18am, BlueMeanie wrote:
jonny could play himself. WOW what a story that would be. LOL

Nah. We already got an ass in the West Wing. We don't need a Mule in the ER.
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

8616152 8616152   mikeyd32  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:40am »

Besides...judging from all those pics in the snow string..he's probably bizzy roasting his chestnuts near an open fire...lol laugh
Although he is quite photogenic and I think the big-guy broke that mould...that means jonny would have to star as *himself*

lol@mule in ER crackup
Mikeyd
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:42am by mikeyd » IP Logged

Waging war with the beast is tiresome & painful but never boring ;-D
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 3:00pm »

But if we let Jonny play himself, the censors wouldn't know what to do!
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 3:04pm »

Put me and the King on there we would f*ck that er up until we got some O2 or DHE.  Two big men in pain needin' some relief, I'd be screaming my head off and pounding it on the f*ckin' floor.  Better yet next season a new clusterhead every week - get in line guys and gals, have the King on the last episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2003, 3:06pm by thomas » IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 3:26pm »

on Dec 10th, 2003, 3:04pm, thomas wrote:
Put me and the King on there we would f*ck that er up until we got some O2 or DHE.  Two big men in pain needin' some relief, I'd be screaming my head off and pounding it on the f*ckin' floor.  Better yet next season a new clusterhead every week - get in line guys and gals, have the King on the last episode.

See what I mean about the censors!  We can't let Thomas or Jonny on ER.  Maybe the Sopranos though!
IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:55am »

i think a charater with Ch would be a writers dream.  You could have the charater have a bad day when ever you wanted them to and then it could just go away until you wanted to call it into the script again.  would be cool if a person on the show had CH.  tons of flexibility with the disease a we all unfortunately know and would be brought up more than once on the show.  would also be able to show the gambit of reactions of coworkers.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 8:00am »

Quote:
Who would they get to play him

Michael Jackson
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 8:57am »

Dennis Hopper could play Jonny!! LMAO!!!

Grin
Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 9:03am »

It is all back to the censors thing.  Can you imagine a CH sufferer on TV.  I develop sailor's mouth when I have one.  If I even speak every other word involves 4 letters.
IP Logged
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 9:18am »

There you go...

A FEMALE sufferer...(everyone knows only men get em)  Cheesy

Have the Doctor's diagnose drug seeker/borderline personlity disorder - make poor character assumptions, stash them in a hallway for 6 hours, untreated. Doctors obviously have more important cases to treat. Call placed to CH patients regular Doctor at request. (Multiple subplots occurring between patients stashed in hallway).

Hours later, when her regular Doc finally calls the ER docs back and gives them the lowdown, true character growth could take place...yadda yadda yadda

ER Doctor could bump into the CH sufferer a week later in a coffee shop, no recognition. Person stares them down, Doctor realizes difference between real life and character assumption, no words exchanged.  

End scene.
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 9:20am »

I am only going to ER is George Clooney comes back to treat me.
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 10:40am »

12gagueblast and hdbngr,

There you go.. great ideas......

Lets take it an run....

I wounder if there are statistics around that show how little ER doc's care about chronic pain.  There are those that abuse the ER...  And there are those that have no other choice other than suffer.

Here is a quote form an ER doc that saw me, I won't say that he treated me, but he said... "I don't take pride in treateting patients like you." referring to chronic pain sufferers....  You could through that in the script.

IP Logged

Find Your Value For X
thomas

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 10:42am »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 10:40am, athos12 wrote:
 There are those that abuse the ER

And they are the reason we get treated like drug seekers and wimps and over-reactors.....
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 10:43am »

It makes me so damn mad to think there are doctors out there that don't take pride in treating a chronic pain patient.  The worst problem is that alot of doctors are like that.  It just proves that many, many doctors are only in that occupation for the money.  They see dollar signs and thats it. Now I am mad.
IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:04am »

Now you've got me mad Paigelle!!

Just remembering the last ER visit, and it was for a kidney stone NOT a CH....Mention pain to a Doc without any gash in your flesh, you might as well be pissing in the wind!

mad Mikey....
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:23am »

My husband had a kidney stone the size of a nickel.  He had to have lithotripsy done and they gave him a free t-shirt.  Can you imagine?  Getting a t-shirt after you have been suffering like that.  He asked the doctor if that suppose to make him feel better.
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:31am »

Maybe I should make an X-tshirt for er doc's

http://www.inovion.com/~reality/downloads/xdup.jpg

X er doc's
IP Logged

Find Your Value For X
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:03pm »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 8:57am, Patrick_A wrote:
Dennis Hopper could play Jonny!! LMAO!!!

Grin
Patrick

Dennis Hopper ain't cool enough and Michael Jackson would end up playing with his circus midgettes.
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 6:56pm »

Russell Crowe comes to mind....  Then again so does Howard Stern..

Johhny, you are just so diverse.....
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2003, 6:58pm by athos » IP Logged

Find Your Value For X
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 7:56pm »

Ewwww, don't like Russell Crowe.  He gives me a headache.
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 10:39am »

Ok then Howard Stern...  Probably...  well I will keep that to myself..

--Athos
IP Logged

Find Your Value For X
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 10:50am »

My sis is an ER nurse, and I got mad at her recently for sounding so insensitive to pain patients... she asked me if I realized that she saw at least 80 patients with "headaches", every single week.  

She said some of them can spike their blood pressure up on will and vomit repeatedly, then settle in to read a book, then do it again when the nurse comes back in the room (obviously not a cluster sufferer) They will tell you what pain meds they want and don't want....

I countered by saying treat everyone of them like they were in the worse pain imaginable. The ones who are in pain deserve the compassion. The ones who aren't deserve it too, cause something else has them messed up enought to be there.

The reputation precedes us though, and that won't be shed any time soon. My LAST time at the ER the Doc asked me what I wanted HER to do. She got quite ugly when I wouldn't lie down and be still.  

Maaybe we can donate some money to OUCH to send one of the best and brightest among us to medical school?!?! Then we would have our very own CH DOC! Smiley

(My vote for Jonny would be himself, and only if all the tattoos show, and of course, the socks)
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:40pm »

Is there anyone here in the medical field now or already in med school?

Cathy is a Nurse...  Right?

I have been looking into doing a career change....  Not to go the complete med school route, but to be a physicians assistant for a nuero...  the research side of things is a lot of fun.

All that would take is about 2 years for the masters program.
IP Logged

Find Your Value For X
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss