Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 3:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Still fishing, »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Still fishing,
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Still fishing,  (Read 384 times)
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Still fishing,
« Reply #25 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 12th, 2003, 2:30pm, brain_cramps wrote:

I think that smoking DOES have an adverse effect simply because of how it limits the oxygen in the bloodstream and, as we all know, oxygen is helpful for the vast majority of clusterheads.

Just my .02 worth,
grant

if it did/does, I think it might be something actually in the smoke. weed never triggered anything for me. BTW, crack was a euphamism for triggers/promoters. headbanger
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 8:31pm »

Episodic here.......and a smoker of .....uh....smoke (hehe) Grin

In my own experience not a whole lot of triggers, cept fer alcohol and maybe drastic teperature or pressure changes (odd I know). Smoking never seemed to have an effect either way, weed nor cigs.

Go figure, it hurts equally as bad.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 8:35pm »

on Dec 12th, 2003, 4:18pm, bean wrote:
...BTW, crack was a euphamism for triggers/promoters.

WTF??
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 10:11pm »

One thing that does sound like CH to me is that these headaches wake you up. CH always does. I’m not sure others do.

IMHO: Looking for triggers is fine so long as one doesn't go overboard as I think you have.  I do believe alcohol is a trigger. Most of us have bad experiences with it. That far too many "triggers" seem to apply only during cycles is a problem for me.  

Smoking is interesting. Members of this board admit to smoking at about twice the national average but that reflects the board only and certainly not the national CH population. It wouldn’t surprise me to find that smoking and some other bad habits are sometimes a result rather than the cause of CH. There’s no definite proof for tobacco.  While I quit smoking in 1980, my CH lasted until 1991. The timing is wrong in my case.  Since 1991 I have been free of this horror and the only difference in my behavior is that I drink more than twice the coffee than before and that I’m a bit more nocturnal. The most significant thing may be than I’m 57 years old.  

I doubt that entering or even staying in a smoke-filled room is very dangerous. It stinks like hell and having to run all my clothes through the washer every time I get home is a pain in the ass but it’s just not the same thing as smoking. I never argue this because I hate it so much and that everyone is so health conscious helps me and others in the smoking Gestapo.  

Good luck and I truly hope CH isn’t your problem.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:03pm »

on Dec 12th, 2003, 8:35pm, brain_cramps wrote:

WTF??

wasnt it you that admonished me for my illicit "crack" use? Doesnt matter...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss