Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 9th, 2024, 12:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello there, clusterheads! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello there, clusterheads!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello there, clusterheads!  (Read 344 times)
Thefumegator
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello there, clusterheads!
« on: Dec 11th, 2003, 3:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there, folks. I'm Wes.  

I'm not a clusterhead, but I am a severe migraine sufferer. I was pointed to this website by a friend on a firearms entusiast page who is a clusterhead, and it has been very informative.

About me: I have history on both sides of my family of serious migraines, and I seem to get the worst of them so far. I have had a general, low-level headache for about 2 years straight now, and I have from 2 to 5 migraines a week. They can be tension, sinus, throbbing, etc., or all at once. Shocked Imitrex rarely works (pill form), Lortab is like a sugar pill, and Percocet works sometimes. I usually have to go to the doctor to get a shot for them.

Now, the reason for me posting here: I really don't have anyone that can relate to what I go through. My friends think that I use my headaches as an excuse to get out of doing things with them Roll Eyes , one of them thinks that it's a psychological problem Angry .

When I arrived at this very informative page and learned what cluster headaches were all about, I decided that maybe I don't have the worst headache problem. It sounds like you guys have it even worse, as sad as it is, and as hard as it is to believe.  

I just want to say that I feel for you. I know vaguely what you guys have to go through, and I know it ain't no picnic. Heck, at least I know what my head is going to do (i.e.: It's going to hurt all the time, rain or shine).

Your partner in pain,

Wes
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2003, 3:58pm by Thefumegator » IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

Re: Hello there, clusterheads!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

We are a suffering bunch here!  But we do understand when people think you are making an excuse or they tell you it's all in your head.  Of course it is all in our heads, that is what hurts!  The ER staff tends to think we are junkies.  You will find very few here who ever use a narc to treat the pain.  They usually don't work well with clusterheads.
IP Logged
Thefumegator
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:02pm »

That's another thing that I can relate to -- I hate being treated like a junkie. I HATE having to take drugs, and will only do it as a last resort to a last resort.

Wes
IP Logged
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:05pm »

Thanks, Wes.

That is very kind of you.  Wishing you PF days and nights...

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:05pm »

I understand.  I keep a rx around for just in case.  But we know that narcs aren't the answer.  It is ridiculous that doctors view us that way.  You can read through the threads and see everything people have been through in the ER.  Good luck!
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:08pm »

Wes,  
Welcome to our home.  We welcome all supporters to Clusterville as well.  Sorry you have such a headache!  I hope you find some info that proves useful to you and maybe ends your headache for life.
Let us know when you need a hear to yell in!

Little Deb
CH'er for 25 years
Raleigh, NC
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:08pm »

Hi Thefumegator....it's always difficult to welcome anyone with any pain, but hi, welcome and thanks for the post, as a supporter I say, if I had friends who were as unsympathetic as yours they wouldn't be friends...hope you find something to help with your migraines and you have some PF times soon...

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:10pm »

Maybe this will help, Wes

http://www.migraines.org/

............................jonny
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:13pm »

has anyone suggested maybe your headache is from the "fumes"...what are you a bugman???
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Thefumegator
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 4:22pm »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 4:13pm, Little Deb wrote:
has anyone suggested maybe your headache is from the "fumes"...what are you a bugman???

Ha! No, no... It's a nickname from waaaaay back when the internet was new and Al Gore was patting himself on the head for it. I was in 6th grade, I believe, and... well... the young boy's sense of humor made itself evident in the name. I don't particularly like it, but it's just a habitual thing, you know?

Since I know the question's coming, I'm 19. I'll be 20 in 12 days!

Thanks for the link, jonny.

Wes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss