Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ok, Now lets talk CH.COM...... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ok, Now lets talk CH.COM......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ok, Now lets talk CH.COM......  (Read 1752 times)
M.R.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

kasper4157
Email

Re: Ok, Now lets talk CH.COM......
« Reply #50 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 2:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'll even throw my 2 cents in (being a lurker and all)

Were you diagnosed? Yes, after about 2 years of hell from ''sinus infections from smoking''

Did you have a Neuro? No

Did you have meds? Yes, but never enough...Verp. 480 a day, Imitrex, and O2 ( not counting the other ones to break cycles)

Did you think you were alone in this pain? Didn't know....never would of guessed that there were so many

You get where im going with this....................................................................  ..  

Part two:  

How has CH.COM helped you, by this I mean:  

Got meds? Yes...can talk to my Doc with knowledge now

Got a Doc? Yes, and a damn good one. He is the one who told me what this was.

Again, you know where im going with this....................................................................  .  

Part three: (Easy)  

How did you find CH.COM? Dogpile.com ( a good search site, the best I've seen anyway)
IP Logged

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist..
BstnEagles
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #51 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 2:36pm »

What I want to know is where were you before you found CH.COM, by this I mean:  

Were you diagnosed?  yes although I had previously diagnosed myself after having ch dismissed as stress by a GP

Did you have a Neuro? I havea doctor who studies these ehadaches, but he is not a neurologist.  

Did you have meds? Yes, Imitrex and Verapamil

Did you think you were alone in this pain? Yes,  had never met anyone with the condition

You get where im going with this....................................................................  ..  

Part two:  

How has CH.COM helped you, by this I mean: Very Suppportive and great advice  

Got meds? Already had them.

Got a Doc? ""

Again, you know where im going with this....................................................................  .  

How did you find CH.COM? Google search.
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:10am »

About 4500 more members to go (at least)...

B U M P !
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
amen
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 10:32pm »

Diagnosed?..............yes
Neuro?.....................No, still don't yet
Meds?......................None that worked at the time, better now.
Alone?.....................No, my dad gets these too.
How has CH.com helped?........Information, and support(until I posted a stupid thread) and got Jonny all riled up laugh I've noticed it doesn't take much.
Got meds?.........yes
Got doc?............yes
How did I find?........came home from the docs and typed in Cluster headaches(whamo...here i am, a lowly lurker most of the time Roll Eyes)
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:20pm »

Before CH.com

Were you diagnosed?  

Yes.  I had been diagnosed by my general practice doctor over 11 years ago after suffering for at least 4 years solid.

Did you have a Neuro?  

Yes.  He had been putting me through all the usual suspects with no real success.  The problem was I had to wait for a new cycle every time to try a new drug that wouldn't work.  So the process of finding out that almost nothing worked at all was very long.  It wasn't until this cycle, which turned into almost 3 years of hell, I was on Verapamil, and also finally relented and tried Lithium.  That combo worked better than anything else to that point.    

Did you think you were alone in this pain?  

I thought I was probably insane, since nobody understood what I was saying about this 'icepick headache' as I called it.  It came with no warning, instant hell, and left just as quickly.  People who see it happen aren't usually convinced you're not faking because you go from one extreme to the other so quickly.

After CH.com

How has CH.COM helped you?  

I've learned that others know and understand this pain which I could not explain to anybody.  I'd always felt that some others, including my wife, were thinking I was just being dramatic.  This site helped me educate those that wanted to learn about it.  It's a place that feels like family, complete with all of the beautiful ugliness that a family can have, and I'd feel lost if it disappeared.  I found out about OXYGEN here and that probably saved my life and sanity.  I also was eventually persuaded to try the cluster buster method, and I broke out of being chronic for almost 3 years.  I am now pain free, and I have CH to thank for it.

Part three:

How did you find CH.COM?  

Google, the second most important web site in the world behind www.clusterheadaches.com.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Were you diagnosed? yes

Did you have a Neuro? nope

Did you have meds? meds that didn't work....

Did you think you were alone in this pain? of course. i was told it was all in my head... that nothing could hurt this much so i must be faking.

Part two:

Got meds? yuppers. got VERAP!!

Got a Doc? yuppers. good one, too.

and....  
found new friends.  
found out i can be the "real" me and still be accepted.  
found out that, despite how much i hurt sometimes, there are others that have much more pain much more often.  
found out about oxygen.  
tried imitrex injections because several people suggested.  
discovered that fungus CAN work.
found people who understand me.
discovered that there's at least one person in the world EXACTLY like me (Mrs. Rumplestiltskin).
discovered that I am stronger than I think I am.
discovered that everyone here is stronger then they think they are.

How did you find CH.COM? father saw something on good morning america in 2001. called me and told me he thought it was what i had.

Lizzie
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 14th, 2003, 10:32pm, amen wrote:
How has CH.com helped?........Information, and support(until I posted a stupid thread) and got Jonny all riled up laugh I've noticed it doesn't take much.

Dont mind me, I bark loud but never bite....LOL Grin

............................jonny
IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #57 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 1:03pm »

Were you diagnosed? Yes.

Did you have a Neuro? Yes

Did you have meds? Yes... not very effective though...

Did you think you were alone in this pain? By all means.

Part two:  

Got meds? Better ones... and O2...

Got a Doc? Better one... thanks to Echo...

Part three:  

How did you find CH.COM? Google... couldn't find any informtion elsewhere... but got lucky skimming through umpteen pages of horseshit....

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #58 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 2:18pm »

on Dec 15th, 2003, 1:03pm, Big_Dan wrote:

Got meds? Better ones... and O2...

Got a Doc? Better one... thanks to Echo...

-Big Dan

Thanks Dan,  You have no idea how big my smile was when I read this.  Glad to know Dr Z has been able to help you out, just as he has for me.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 3:09pm »

Were you diagnosed?  Yes.  I didn't even know that there was a headache called Cluster when i was diagnosed with them.

Did you have a Neuro? Yes, he was the one that diagnosed me.

Did you have meds? Yes, but not the appropriate ones yet, until i got educated here, and i think that was around the end of 99'.  

Did you think you were alone in this pain? Yes, i pretty much did, because the neuro said how rare it was to have.  

Part two:  

Got meds? Yes, finally got help here in the right direction.  

Got a Doc? Yes.

How did you find CH.COM? Right after i was diagnosed, i got online to find anything i could about CH,....Then low and behold, this became my Home and Family!!

Thank you for your time  

You are so very welcome Jonny!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley

Mikey,  Grin

IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 5:07pm »

OK my turn...

Were you diagnosed?  Yes

Did you have a Neuro? No (saw one who diagnosed me and then retired...)

Did you have meds?  Yes... but no preventative and no abortive that worked.  So it's more like a "No"

Did you think you were alone in this pain?   You bet!  I have had this for twenty years and still have never met another CHers face to face...

Part two:  

Got meds?  Oh Yeah!  That medical info became my bible (tried some stuff that finally helped!)

Got a Doc?  Somebody on this site suggested a good medical center right here in Montreal.  For the first time, I was treated by someone who had a clue (and in record time, too)

How did you find CH.COM?  My girlfriend found this site for me... when I was in the middle of a very bad cycle.  It was like coming out of a coma.  I felt like a castaway stranded on a desert island for twenty years who gets picked up on a cruise ship filled with former castaways... or something like that!

Anyway, this site and all the people here were a great gift!

Cool thread Jonny!

miCHel  

IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss