Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 5:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 2 questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   2 questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2 questions  (Read 501 times)
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

2 questions
« on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1. do migranes give you shadows? Like if you only had migranes, no clusters? is there still a shadow?

2. on one post, I thought i read something about CH only being on the left side/left eye. correct? incorrect?

thanks
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:30pm »

Can't answer your first question, as I don't have migraines.

To answer your second question, however.  No.  Sides can switch.  Usually not very often but they do switch.  I have had them change sides in mid-H.A.  

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:33pm »

I have had CH 25 years, always only on the left.

Don't know about migraines.
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

.............................jonny Grin
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:39pm »

Bean,

I have migraines and CH. I am not quite sure if what I am going to say will answer your question, but here goes.  

My migraines tend to linger, I don't really call it shadows. It is totally different to me than a CH shadow. But that may be me. When I say it lingers, this is what I mean... The pounding, light sensitivity, auras all linger for a couple of days after the intensity of the migraine is over and those same symptoms show and build lightly as the migraine builds to its peak. My particular migraines happen to be on the right side of my head and stay there.

My CH are on the left side of my head and stay there.

However, this is not the case for everyone. Some people have CH on the right and there are some who have it on both. Some people's migraines are across their foreheads or other areas. It is different for everyone.  

If you haven't taken the Cluster Quiz, I strongly suggest you do so. I also suggest you visit the OUCH site as there is more information there about various types of headaches.

Hope this answers some questions and I am sure others, who are wiser than I, will pop in and give their two cents also.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:40pm »

Can't say about migraines.
Had CH since 69 always on the right. Ofcourse I'm left handed. YMMV

TTFN
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:40pm »

Jonny,  

You're so bad!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked
LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:42pm »

Never had a meegrain.

33 years clusterhead, always on the left, which of course is the hand I use to wipe my ass so it makes sense.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
jonny

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 4:42pm »

on Dec 12th, 2003, 4:40pm, Linda_Howell wrote:
You're so bad!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked

Me?

Thats in everyone of my posts.....click the top link at the bottom of anyone of my posts.....LOL Grin

..........................jonny
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 5:14pm »

Bean

I'm now confused.
You are obviously desperately seeking an accurate diagnosis and looking for signs that indicate migraine or cluster

BUT you say you only have a couple of headaches a year. I get migraines and clusters and I can't even begin to equate a couple of headaches a year with clusters (the name kind of gives the game away on that one Roll Eyes) and most migraine sufferers get them much more frequently than that.

Have you looked at the links suggested to you on other posts about other possible headache types that might fit better?

Wendy
IP Logged
Miklos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 5:22pm »

Always on the right side. Any further right, and I would be a presidential candidate.  

So there, you lefty liberals.
IP Logged

Don't be offended by my frank analysis. Think of it as personality dialysis.
Mac
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 6:17pm »

Bean there done that.

I'll trade your couple a times a year bad headache for my everyday chronic cluster. Deal?
IP Logged

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office". - Aesop
portfolio http://www.artwanted.com/McDonall
http://www.clusterheadaches.ca
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 6:21pm »

on Dec 12th, 2003, 5:14pm, pubgirl wrote:
Bean

I'm now confused.
You are obviously desperately seeking an accurate diagnosis and looking for signs that indicate migraine or cluster

BUT you say you only have a couple of headaches a year. I get migraines and clusters and I can't even begin to equate a couple of headaches a year with clusters (the name kind of gives the game away on that one Roll Eyes) and most migraine sufferers get them much more frequently than that.

Have you looked at the links suggested to you on other posts about other possible headache types that might fit better?

Wendy

for me, it all fits if you accept the possibility of one massive cluster HA per cycle, eg cycles(headaches) per
 year.  all my symptoms fit except that. i was about to admit defeat and look at the migrane club, but jadeds post about throbbing pain kind of left me back where i was. my pain is steady....steady now...WHOA now! theres a fucking ship coming out of your eyeball!  nopity Grin

i really dont give much of a care since i havent had a HA in so long, and kind of feel i have them under control with diet, its more the trigger/promoter CAUSE of the HA im more interested in.

i did look at a link, but they all seemed cluster variations.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 6:32pm »

Bean

if you tab right down to the bottom of the Headache links there is a section on other types of headaches (non CH)

Wendy
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 6:53pm »

Like I said Mr Bean...it's your hypothalamusthingameyjiggy  Grin
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 6:56pm »

and Bean

I know you are interested in triggers but my logic says
find out what type of headache you have THEN work out the triggers for that type of headache, not the other way round.

Wendy
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:03pm »

The worst possible trigger I know for a bad head is bigguns...
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:04pm »

Bean,  dont know your situation but: when i was younger mid to late teens (i am almost 35 now) i would get one or so CHs a year mabey.  they didnt take a cluster pattern untill my early 20's.  i know know that the headachs i had when i was yonger were CHs they were exactly the same but not grouped up, and not quite as intense k6 or so.  dont know if that helps you and hope you dont get any more but thats my story and i'm stickin to it Smiley.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:31pm »

I always get my cluster headaches on the right side.  Dont know where you saw or heard that they only occur on the left side.  Lots of people get them on the right side as well as the left side and some get them on both sides.  I get migraines and would have to say that yes there is some shadows with migraines.  All a shadow is if I understand correctly is a low level of pain KIp 1 through kip 4 that hangs around before you start rockin with the higher pain levels.  With my migraines I have a lower level pain that sets in first before it builds up to a peak.  So I would say yes that I have shadows for migraines.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss