Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 9th, 2024, 11:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Emotionally recouperating »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Emotionally recouperating
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Emotionally recouperating  (Read 316 times)
Carl_D

Email

Emotionally recouperating
« on: Dec 12th, 2003, 5:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the encouraging words guys, I needed that. I was bummed that the fest wasn't bigger, didn't draw a big crowd, and didn't raise funds like I hoped it would. It was a learning experience, and man did I learn alot! I know next year I probably won't perform and if I do, it won't be with 2 different acts. For OUCHFest '04, I am going to have tickets made and will sell them in advance. It will be cheaper to buy tix than pay the door admission by at least a couple of bucks. Hopefully by then I will also have volunteers to walk the floor and sell raffle tickets. When I was trying to find someone to work the door and collect admission, my bass player told me to do it. I was like "Um yeah, I am emceeing the event and performing...there's no way I can work the door at the same time." It was a real drag, everything that needed to be done was left for me to do, and some things just didn't get done. I hope by September to have volunteers to help with the fest. One man building a house can take a long time. Many men building a house can accomplish alot in one day.  
Right now I am trying to lay the foundation for OUCHFest '04. I am going to talk to Todd and Johnny from 'The Well Hungarians' to see if they would be willing to donate a night to the event. Todd is best friends with my oldest brother, and we even worked together and he knows my plight firsthand. I am sure when I tell him what the event is for that they will do it. With them on the bill, I won't have to worry about attendance. Every place those guys play packs out. They are big in this area, and probably the best unsigned country/rock band I have heard. I want to get bigger, more established bands to perform.  
I am confident that OUCHFest '04 will turn out much better than this years. I want to do a raffle this time around and with the proper help and support - I think it will work itself out fine.
This year I was overworked and under too much pressure. Not to mention my drummer thinks my health problems is 'all in my head' and the reason I have so much trouble is because I think about it too much and bring it all on myself. When I try to explain CH to him, all I get is argumentative back talk. He has an answer for everything it seems, and he basically made me feel like shit for awhile. I was glad Jonny called me saturday night when he did because I really needed a friend to lend an ear, someone who - if not understood - would at least try to. It causes alot of friction when you only have 2 more hours to rehearse and then wind up blowing it by having a CH drag out for most of that time. I became the bad guy because of the CH. I told DJ, it would be totally ironic if a cluster headache event was ruined by a cluster headache.  
Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words, and thanks Jonny for lending an ear to the freek. It is a bummer when you can be in a room packed with people and yet be all alone. Can anybody relate to that?  
As I get news about OUCHFest '04, I will post it, and would also like to start a website for OUCHFest where I can post updates, news, etc. I have faith that next year will be a success, and that this event will get bigger and better with each year that passes. Who knows. Maybe next year I'll even have copies of my book for sale. If I do, I will donate half of the nights book sales to OUCH.
Here's to high hopes.

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Emotionally recouperating
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 5:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You really didn't have enough time Carl stop being so hard on yourself... we love ya buddy....... be well.......ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

Re: Emotionally recouperating
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 10:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

don't know how you feel about this, but, one of my boss's has a son in a band that would probably be very willing to play ouchfest '04. They aren't signed but have a rather large teen following locally and have gotten gigs to open for other "signed" upcoming bands. They are called Abcent I have a demo if you would like to hear em, its rather rough ( the mixing quality) but they got what they were able to pay for. we have a large local music scene here.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss