Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So what are you doing? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So what are you doing?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So what are you doing?  (Read 1488 times)
jonny

Email

Re: So what are you doing?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

HEY!!!!....Tough guy Santa wanna be......Just how tough are you?

http://santaspeedorun.com/

...............................jonny Grin
IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I love to drive around and pass out job applications to all the beggers and homeless people on the streets.

Sorry, but that shit makes me sick. I just have three words----GET A JOB.

My wife sponcers a family at her work (not her idea), I guess the guy doesn't work and has a wife and three kids, anyway, she told me that they have already spent $2,000.00 on this family for Christmas presents.

I work two jobs and my wife works one and there is no way we could afford to spend that much on our family.

Here's the kicker this is the second year in a row sponcering the SAME family, What! he couldn't find a job since last Christmas.

Gotta love the kids tho, we do drop a few bucks every year for TOYS FOR TOTS, But we probably wouldn't have to if there parents would get a job and get off the crack.

LEE

Don't beat me up over this, it's just my opinion
IP Logged
M.R.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

kasper4157
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:23pm »

Survive....I hope
IP Logged

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist..
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #28 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:06pm »

I'll probably spend about 6 hours on Christmas morning trying to undo all those damn twist-ties that the toy manufacturers decided was a good idea to secure all the toys into the boxes with! Grin WAPITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeya,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
don

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:21pm »

The kids Christmas Party, ooops "Holiday Party", is over.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The parents were well behaved.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:34pm »

Yeah your right about the twist-ties.  

I'll be making sure I have the ER on speed dial for when I lacerate my fingers while prying apart molded plastic sealing thick enough for bullet proof vests, placed by evil Asian manufacturers on everything from patch cords to kitchen shears.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 8:09pm »

HOLY SHIT!

Didn't we just have Christmas, like, a year ago?? Damn, time flies when you're (not) having fun!

Well... so far I've managed to deforest about 188 acres with all the drafts of my masters paper. Does that count? (it's in, by the way... i WILL graduate... in one week)

Ya know, deforesting is important to the environment... I did a public service. Just think how many forest fires will be alleviated by my kind act! Gosh, I sure hope Santa rewards me for this.....

Lizzie, who's tired but only getting mildly hit once every day
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 8:23pm »

Happy for you cuddlepumpkin.

A clusterhead scholar. Proud of you kid.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 8:28pm »

on Dec 14th, 2003, 8:09pm, AlienSpaceBabe wrote:
it's in, by the way... i WILL graduate... in one week

Congratulations!!!
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:18am »

Gawd Mikey how do you do all that and 'stay sane'.......I have a mental meltdown every Xmas cuz of havein to be here and there with a deadline for each time wise.....I don't know how you keep that schedule...but....good for you you can ! I'm apparently to used to nice quiet but great Xmas's at home and never made the family hop transition. We had a coats for kids poker run where coats were donated to a chairty to be given out this time of year and also donate toys at our Xmas party each year we give the same charity. Can't match all you have done tho Don........that's purday immpressive !! Pam the mentally challenged holiday humbugger

I do love Xmas but have grown to resent the rat race of it all.................I'll be reminded of that as I am fighting the crowds doin more Xmas shopping tomarrow !  

PS: Hey Wendy that sounds like the Rocky Picture Horror Show you go to.......ever heard if that one......it's a stage show deal similar and a movie deal......strange but......well.........strange ! (ha-ha)
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:43am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 2:34am »

Coots

Rocky Horror Picture show is very popular here too, people go and watch it in full drag costume, sing along and do the Timewarp!

Perhaps this is all saying something about British men??

Wendy
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:38am »

Have been working with prison inmates and angel tree program to get presents to inmates children from their incarcarated parent.

Going to my sisters for Christmas and visit with my parents.  Then on to my inlaws for day after Christmas for thier annual gift exchange and food party.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:36pm »

on Dec 12th, 2003, 7:36pm, don wrote:
On a personal level this Christmas is going to suck large...........BUT...........
Tommorow I will be coordinating a Christmas Party for 87 disadvantaged children. Grabbed up almost $2500.00 in commercial donations. Picking up 100 pizzas in the morning. Bought gifts for all of them. Hey Santa....BITE ME!
Sunday I get to be Santa at Petco. Last weekend we raised $6000.00 for a local animal shelter. A chihuha pissed on me. Little rodent.
Tonight I dropped a fiver in Sally's red pot outside the local market.
So what are you doing this year?

I have always thought you were a good guy! Wink

For Christmas I’ll be with my parents.

Merry Christmas, Zaira  Kiss

IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:48pm »

In truth, I'll be with some family where we manage to say sober enough to enjoy the great unraveling. I get to make some Swedish cookies and tell horror stories about Lutefisk and other ghastly Swedish delights.  

Eggnog with Wild Turkey to round out the evening.  

I feel guiltier than ever after reading this thread.

Charlie
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:49pm »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 1:06pm, Cerberus wrote:
JESUS that ugly ass broad is a MAN! Shocked

I understand now Grin

Rainman

Thanks you Ceribus, I needed a reason to Laugh........ crackup

For us, on Yule my kids get to open one gift. As we are Wiccan, this is the true Holiday that we celebrate.  The Gift is usually something that symbolizes what we wish for them in the coming year.  Like my 6 year old is getting a set of book that she wants, her first Chapter books.  

My mother in law is coming in at some point but we dont know when. I wont get off work until 5pm Christmas eve, then I get the kids and drive home and will get there about 6-6:30pm, then cook dinner and once the kids are asleep we will finish wrapping presents, stuff stocking and get to sleep at some point. Then we get a relaxing day at home. Got a Smoked Turkey Smiley  Then I get to go back to work Friday. Sad  

That about sums it up.

Tia
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:54pm by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 5:04pm »

Christmas Huh

Really, Is that coming soon Huh

Oh that's right..... I get the day off without pay Angry

Bah Humbug!

Hoots, are you sure your not going to see a Monty Python Christmas?

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 5:16pm »

My family will be drinking heavily (as we always do).  But we'll be together in body and spirit.

Drinking as sport at the York household....

IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 5:20pm »

Tiannia!

Wiccan!

Wow!

me and Cathy used to throw spells at bad people on this site, but yours probably would work!

Opus, Monty P were funny, you have to be drunk to find Panto funny!
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 5:35pm »

damn.....yep, I am surely feelin guilty now......
I fergot to post any of the things I have done to help others less fortunate......take all of my gifts away......I am unworthy... Undecided

Next year, I promise to keep a list, and, at the appropriate time, I will roll it out, in all it's glory, for those who give a rip to see.

Meanwhile, I think I'll keep wrapping and baking and mailing and singing, getting ready for Christmas,  

Cheers!
Cathi Wink
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 6:20pm »

Quote:
I have always thought you were a good guy!

Thanks.

This Christmas morn I'm gonna get up

Shave.

Then watch the Discovery Channel all day.

Then maybe I'll shave again.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:46pm »

Christmas eve is my Mom's birthday, so I go to the cemetery and sing "happy birthday" to her (she's been dead for 10 years, but my brother and I started doing this the year she died). Now he's gone, but I still keep it up. It actually brightens up the day and makes it seem like she's still with me.  

Then we have a big dinner which I've spent a lot of time cooking and open presents (if I've been a good girl I might even get presents).

Christmas day we spend with Bill's family and it's mass chaos. I can't keep up with all the grandkids and great grandkids anymore. About the time I figure out who they are somone changes clothes and throws me off again.  

Then we come home and take a long winter's nap.  

Merry Christmas and Happy Haunaka (mispelled as usual) everyone..  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

don

Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:04pm »

Cant get a goose for XMass dinner so i"m gonna have me a nice big greasy SPAM SANDMOOOOCH !
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #47 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:19pm »

Our Christmas starts this Friday evening at hubby's grandparents house because his grandpa will be having hip replacement surgery on Dec. 23rd, and we did not want to bother them during his recovery.  Then on Christmas Eve we go to midnight mass at 8pm, then to hubby's dad's for opening gifts and eats, then home to get some sleep until my stepdad and grandma arrive in the morning for gift opening with us and the kids and some of my cheese strata.  THEN off to hubby's other grandmother's house to kiss grandma on the cheek, eat her food that she always pushes on us, then to be ignored by the other side of the family.  

Ahhhh Christmas....  that's all I gotta say, cause I am tired and still have a shitload more stuff to bake, make, wrap and clean.  BUT, I just thank God for everything I have and keep a cheerful smile on my fat face!  Grin

Merry Christmas everyone!
Smileymel

P.S. I am so happy that I took the time to send some money this year to the Humane Society and Salvation Army, and give gifts to Toys for Tots.  BTW, this time of year, reminds me of when I lived by myself with my very young daughter, and there was a homeless man down the block holding a sign for a ride and for work.  I took him some pb&j sandwiches, cans of soda, chips, hot coffee and $5, sat and talked with him for a good 30 minutes.  The feeling I got when I went back to my 1 bedroom appt. made me realize just who God is, and why God wants us to love each other.  I will never forget that.
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #48 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:07pm »

I'm a going to sunny Miami to meet my new nephew, and get away from the ass chapping cold of Tennessee.
So I will be in my bikini on christmas day by my sisters pool reading my book, snapping my fingers at my brother in law to serve me up something luscious Grin
I CAN"T WAIT!!! Oh yeah, imitrex will be in my beach bag at all times!!!
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:16pm »

It doesn't surprise me at all what you did for those kids Don.
I think the only time I've cryed while reading a post here was when we were all in NY at the convention and you posted WHY you couldn't be there.

I'm going to be spending Christmas by myself watching, "it's a wonderful Life"   and wondering is it?

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss