Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « TO GO OR NOT TO GO?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   TO GO OR NOT TO GO??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TO GO OR NOT TO GO??  (Read 402 times)
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

TO GO OR NOT TO GO??
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm supposed to catch a flight tomorrow morning to Knoxville for my lil' niece's 3rd birthday.  She is named after me and is the apple of my eye.

The problem...I'm being hit several times per day with ha and i'm afraid to leave the comforts of my own home.  IS THIS NORMAL FEARS WITH CH in cycle?

I have o2 setup waiting for me there and will start on Verapamil tomorrow also but other than those the only other thing I have is hydrocodone and Indocine.

I'm afraid of going and making a fool of myself or ruining her birthday and/or being a pain in the ass to my sister and her family!  On the other hand, I sure could use a BIG HUG and KISS from that lil' girl.

Is this normal fears?  What would each of you do if in my position?

I have to get up in 6 hours from now if I'm going!!!

Please help me work this out in my mind.
renee   Huh Embarassed Undecided
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

Re: TO GO OR NOT TO GO??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:30am »

Do you have an imitex pill or a zomig pill anything like that handy you could take to prevent one from coming before it does. Then that way you could go.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:35am »

As Dr. Wayne Dyer wrote some years ago: Think of the all the bad stuff that may happen. Chances are you can handle even the worst. If that's true, do go.

I like this philosphy. Good luck in any event

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:35am »

no...just indocine and starting the verapamil as i got that rx from her today.  plus i have hydrocodone as a last result but i can't function on that stuff so it is only a last resort before the e.r.
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.

Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:40am »

I can see why you would be scared to go too....awwww jeeez.....when I had nothing else I used to down two STRONG cups of coffee and two or three exedrin migraine pills and that would knock it away within 20 minutes sometimes and you also have 02.  
If I were you. I would drink some coffee on the flight and try not to relax. Keep that exedrin Migraine handy and also inform the airstewadrs of your condition and ask them about 02 on the flight if they have that available. If not inform them you might need three cups of coofee handed to you..pronto.
Once you are at your families house if you get hit, just go be by your self with your o2 and your coffee.
I can't tell you to go or not. You have to make that desicion sweetheart..
What ever you decide I will be saying a little parayer for you that the beast leaves you alone.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 1:44pm »

lets see..............you got support where you're invited. you got a coupla meds, and a 3 yr old who probably won't care what condition you are in as long as you show up. hrmmmmmmm.

it is normal to feel this way with CH renee but do the math are you gonna let CH ruin your life? or are ya gonna live it to the fullest of your ability?

GO DAMMIT! you will have the Ha's anyway and she will only be 3 once.

Ramon
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 1:46pm by Cerberus » IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If there was time to send you an Imitrex shot I would. I never go ANYWHERE without one. I'm gonna send vibes your way and pray that you make it without a CH. If you've got O2 when you get there, you should be o.k. Drink lots of coffee !!!
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:55pm »

Well, did you get there???
Let us know........

Vibin' for ya girl hug
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Pack your meds and have a nice flight !
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:14am »

Never let CH control your life. I know, That is hard to follow sometimes. If ya had said something earlier, i would have sent ya an emergency package!

Patrick  Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:40am »

Your coming to MY town...check your PM  

Grin
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 12:38am »

update....... Grin

i caught the flight, had o2 waiting for me at the airport and have only been hit a few times and my lil 3 yr old niece was scared of the o2 at first but now thinks it is fun to pinch on my mask when i'm taking a treatment.

i'm so glad i didn't let my fear control my life and so glad i reached out and got all of your opinions.  ch is hard enough to deal with but with the added fear of having a ch..well, i've got some learning to do.

i will be back home in dfw area tomorrow afternoon and will start my verapamil then..didn't want to start it while out of town..another fear???  yes, was afraid of any side effects screwing up my plans with my lil one.  she is my name sake too!  yes, i'm biased but she is so adorable.  

thanks to all for the support and pf vibes.  the ha has been better in tennessee than what i usually have in texas...a consequence??

pf vibes for all and a good night's sleep!
renee
IP Logged

Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 6:54pm »

i'm back in the windy city...no not chicago but dallas/ft worth area.

the trip went well, had a few ha but the o2 and indocine kept things somewhat under control.

i'm just typing out loud here...and looking for input, please.  I left DFW area with chronic ch and flew to knoxville.  the ha in knoxville were not as intense or frequent.  I arrive back home this evening and not 10 min. after stepping in my house until the shadows start and i feel the demon knocking on the door.  

so....does anyone have any info on any weather issues, height above sea level, etc. that decreases and/or increases ch?

I got to speak with Mark C while I was in knoxville but we never got to  meet up...fyi....we had a very good talk and it was so nice to hear the voice of another ch'er.

gone to hit the o2.  Angry

pf vibes and long nights of sleep to all!  Wink
renee
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss