Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 7:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How to save money at Christmas.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   How to save money at Christmas....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to save money at Christmas....  (Read 450 times)
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

How to save money at Christmas....
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 1:07pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: How to save moeny at Christmas....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LMMFAO Grant that is too funny!!! laugh
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

Re: How to save moeny at Christmas....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 12:59pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

SICCKKKK!

Sick and Wrong, Grant.......now, if you'd done that before I'd finished my shopping.........but it's just too late!

...........soooo, it's simply SICK.........and WRONG!

Silly Grant!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: How to save money at Christmas....
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:21pm »

OMG.   Grin

LMAO Grin
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:47pm »

For 164 years Santa evaded reindeer games. His luck was bound to run out.  

What kind of evil doers are we? Jeesh.    Shocked

Wasn't this around last year too?

Bleaugh.  Shocked
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:59pm »

Charlie

Pretty sure it was Svenn that had the same pic last year except it was in Norwegian.

Had to post it --- couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

Sick, sick grant    Wink
IP Logged
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:11pm »

Well, Back in 2000 I didn't get blond from the Swedish bikini team that I asked for, so I had to off his ass!!! laugh

Seeya,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:13pm »

Yer right. Is was that evil doing, Lefsa-glomming Norwegian. It's why my ancestors in the real Scandinavian country sawed off the western portion...... Cheesy

Charlie Roll Eyes
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:31pm »

36 degrees latitude.

47 degrees longitude.

Elevation 32000 feet.

Speed 120 knots.

Direction, North going South

BLAM

Dubya got em! Sleigh full of WMD.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:33pm by don » IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:26am »

Thanks Grant!  I needed that today.  Just glommed the picture and am using it for my background on my 'puter.

Have a great one!

jc
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:29am »

Warning, BAH HUMBUG post....

The birth year is wrong, but the death year is right.

My Dad died in 2000, and with him died my santa claus.

IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
CathiP

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:37am »

Ohhh, Cat.....so sad.....my dad has been gone for nearly 20 yrs now, and I still feel the same. I have kept this silly thing he used to have on his dresser, and when I need him desperately, I talk to this "souvenir" of my daddy.....even now, I see the twinkle in his eyes....maybe, one day, Cat, the twinkle you see in Santa's eyes will make you feel it IS him......it's all about spirit....and your Dad's IS with you, yknow....
Wishing you and yours a Christmas of laughter and fond memories,
Cathi
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:55am »

Now that Ive glued my ass back on ill laugh it off again.

LMMFAO!!!!!! Grin Grin

..................................jonny
IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:11pm »

Cat, sorry to hear the season brings such sadness. Hoping you can let us here cheer you up some. Cathi....that's a great idea!!  She's right Cat, think Dad would want you to still see "Santa's" twinkle!!

AND..........grant............we knew you were sick!   Shocked Wink

EDNA
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 3:11pm »

Thanks guys Smiley

I still have Santa's twinkle all around me.  I've experienced some ummm 'odd' events on various xmas's past that make me believe in Santa to this day.

My Dad was 58 when he died, and he would have told you with the straightest face around that there really is a santa.

My personal Santa died, but not the spirit.  Santa Claus is the little bit of magic that happens at Christmas.  It's in the things that Don has done, that others here have done, it's being able to give of yourself and even though the man that was St Nick is no longer on this earth, Santa Claus is very much alive.  

A little story:

2 years ago, while Clark was deployed for Operation Enduring Freedom, I was looking at a bleak xmas morning alone with the kids.  Then the kids got snooping around on the computer and found my secret web list of gifts bought for them.  A good many of them were Santa gifts.  They were 7 and 9 almost 8 and 10.  I knew that Santa was gone for good for them.  I sat my oldest down and explained to him that Santa was not a real person, that it was a state of mind, a magic that never dies.  He was heartbroken, and I felt like xmas had been forever been destroyed.

That year, a gentleman by the name of Bob, was stationed at Ft Drum as backfill for the deployed soldiers.  He went out and purchased gifts for all 3 of my children, and him being dutch, he explained they had a tradition that when you gave a gift on xmas you had to write a little something about the gift and the reason for the season.

Well, xmas morning rolled around, and there were 3 gifts under the tree, all in wrapping paper that I did not have in my house.  The 2 older kids opened them (Ayden was only just 1 1/2) and read the little notes writting in red, not in my handwriting, and signed St. Nick, Kris Kringle, Sinter Klaas.  Alex's eyes got very wide, and he said you did this mom didn't you...

I looked him straight in the eye and said "Alex, that is not my hand writing, I do not have that wrapping paper in the house, go check, and I did NOT put those gifts there!"

You would have thought a ghost got the boy.  He started to go nuts.  He said "Mom this is scary...was it...do you think...could it have been....?"

I looked at them all and told them that Santa is always there when kids need him most, and adults too.  I gave them a couple of stories from years past that solidified my own belief in Santa, and told them that Santa doesn't ride around giving gifts to every kid ... he chooses children who's parents can't afford it, or who's lives are difficult, and they receive special gifts."  I then told him that Santa must have felt that they needed a little reminder that not all things unseen and unproven are not real, and that it was his way of telling them that he was real.

My children still believe.  They are approaching 10 and 12.  I still believe.  I've seen many small miracles that are at the hands of other caring humans, and some that are simply unexplained, but we all know that Santa is real, and the reason I know it is because my Dad was able to prove it to me the same way I did to my kids over the years.  So my personal Santa may not be with us in body, but he will never be far from heart.

My gift to Clark that last year, xmas of 99, was a video camera.  I thought that was a great gift.  What I didn't know, was that wasn't the real gift.  It was the video tape of that Christmas at home with my Dad, the last one, and the only video in existance of my Dad.

Magic comes in many forms, for some it's religious, for others it's kindness, for me it's Santa Claus.

He may have died, but he will live forever in the twinkle of eyes and the sparkle of xmas snow and in the magic of the season.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 4:57pm »

Smiley Oh Cat, this is a beautiful story!!!  You've warmed my heart dear.

EDNA
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 5:51pm »

Cat

Thanks so much for sharing that.  It "almost" makes me want to take down the pic.

Thanks for this and so much more,
grant   Wink

(Note that I said "almost".  The pic stays.   Grin )
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:47am »

Aww cat thanks so much for sharing that.  Brought smiles and tears when i read it to myself and AGAIN read it to Sam.  Wonderful.  

BTW (i believed in Santa until I was 11, some kids at school ruined it for me, that is until now that I have my own kids to create the magic of Santa with!)
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss