Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 9:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help...  (Read 482 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Help...
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My little girl is having the most horrendous headache right now... I already gave her 2 junior strenght tylenol type things.......... any suggestions........ Here we go again for her... this sucks...........what a family... bunch a heacases... pray that this isnt CH... the pedi neuro is a quack.......... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Help...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:50pm »

Rats Ree.  

Mom used to make me eat something. Carbs mostly. Seemed to help most of the time.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:51pm »

aww ree I'm sorry to hear that!  Are you against giving her a cup of regular tea?  sometimes a little bit of caffeine will help?  lotsa water too!  has she stopped eating cause of the headache?  that will contribute to a headache sometimes too!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:55pm »

Oh Ree, wish I could do more.  If she is able to lay down with you near her, try putting HOT water in a pot and drenching a washcloth and then ring out and put on her forehead and just let her know you are near her.  The combination of the Heat and your company close by will comfort her and perhaps help her to drop off to sleep...  Hopefully that tylonol will help a bit.

Ask her would she eat some toast and juice maybe...
Ree, if it is clusters, you'll know soon enough.  

Sending well wishes to that youngin of yours. Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:56pm by kim » IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 3:59pm »

ice paks, massage, a fast coca cola, sit in front of A/C,  

where is her HA???
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:01pm »

thanks you guys Im doin what charlie said first she is now attempting to eat pasta... her eyes are tearing........ she was lying down but thrashing and I had my cold hand on her head........... tea is a great idea too...I drew a blank and panicked (sp?) Thankyou for your suggestions I will be checking so any other suggestions are gladly welcome We went through this last year from Dec to March and then nothing... thats what is making me think she is having a cycle of some sort.........hopefully its a fluke or a bug she doesnt have a temp though...........KIDS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET HEADACHES!!!!  LOVE YOU GUYS  REE AND BREE
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:01pm »

does she have them alot???  maybe she is coming down with the flu???   how about some theraful???

if you already gave her tylenol, how about some motrin, and some benadryl to help her to go to sleep.
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:02pm »

i would also suggest taking her BP if you have the means, and maybe some fast sugar....like frosting, big spoonful
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:03pm »

i am so sorry she is feeling this.  we will all pray for it not to be CH

love ya
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 4:51pm »

Good God Ree!!   The thrashing and tearing don't sound good at all, does it?  Children should NOT get this kind of pain damnit!!!!!!!!!!

I would have no hesitation at all of giving her coffee. It won't hurt her and also didn't Dave get the 02?  Try that.  Like Kim said, if it IS clusters, you'l know soon enough.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:30pm »

an hour later no sign of pain.......... hmmmmmmm, I will keep you posted.... again thanks for the responses... Do any of the Cluster-sufferers have kids with cluster like headaches.......(this kid is already moody without the added pain involved) sheesh.............
IP Logged

don

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Any identifiable trigger Ree?

She eat something?
Smell something?
Whack her noggin on something?
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

With all the colds going around maybe it could be a sinus infection ? I suggest laying down with her in a dark room. Maybe if she can sleep for awhile it will help. Vaporizer ?
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 7:19pm »

Ree,

My 11 yr. old daughter gets bad headaches.  I usually try excedrine on her first and that usually knocks it out, but sometimes I let her eat some sugar or caffeinne to give her a jolt too.

-Shawn
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 7:26pm »

Oh Ree.......... I'm sorry!  

My kid tried to fake one once so she wouldn't have to take a math test - she said "im having a cluster headache.. i need some oxygen!"   LOL.  Poor thing.    

I dont know what to give.. I stand by excederin migraine......... for "normal" headaches.   and caffiene...... pop, chocolate........ coffee.. something.  caffiene helps a lot usually.
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:17pm »

You probably know more than me, but have you checked into seasonal allergens.
Just a stab in the dark here.

TTFN
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:54am »

Great ideas guys!!!  I am hoping that it is caused by our heating system here it seems to happen only during the winter months last year January-April when I shut off the heat.......... hmmmmmmmmm something to ponder.  The cafene is a good thing for us to try...  

Her headache tonight was real... she was visibly in pain and thrashing around on the floor. When she sat up to take the meds her eyes (both) were tearing but one was effected more and though she said the stabs were on her forehead she said most of the pain was over the left eye.......she complains when she is ill... big time... every thing is amplified for her.((Pain in my Hiney girl))  Cold helped and eating and the meds i gave her so... so far so good.  It didn't return... I promise I won't panic next time... thanks for everything.........ree
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 2:07am »

Quote:
I promise I won't panic next time... thanks for everything.........ree

Oh that's just a sign of a good mommy! Wink  Glad she's feeling better!~ (btw how old is she?)
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 2:13am »

Oh God Ree...I am going to bed and PRAYING it is not you know what. I would definatley get your heating / fire place checked out though. My friends daughter started getting TERRIBLE migraine headaches daily and came rushing to me straight away, though it did not sound like clusters it still sounded god bloody awful, it was simply just location that was different. So she went to neurologists/MRI's you name it MEDS all sorts of things...well this went of for quite a while and she was worried sick about her daughter.  
something happened with her heating/fire and they had to have it fixed...like a light switch, her daughters headaches STOPPED.She is off all meds and totally back to normal.
I will call Dawna tomorrow and find out the EXACT details but I know that  it was somthing to do with that that was causing her daughters headaches all along and she has another child in the house and he was not affected.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
aquarius28
New Board Newbie
Poland 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 10:30am »

First of all I would like to say that I'm very sorry about your daughter Ree.I hope everything is ok now.
To Jayne:how can heating affect on headaches?I am asking beacuse during fall and winter I have the longest and the most terrible episodes of pain.And I wonder if heating can have something to do with them.We turn on heating in our house during fall but for sure I don't have anything wrong with sinuses.
Good luck and PFDAN 2 all
IP Logged

Carpe Diem
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:14pm »

Ok I have just got off the phone with Dawna.  
She moved into a new rental house in November of last year when her daughter started getting these terrible headaches.
She had someone come in and take a look at her heating unit and they told her that she had a crack in her heating unit that was leaking carbon manoxide, her lanlord replaced the unit and her daughers headaches STOPPED!
remember what I told you, she had gone through MRIs she was on meds, when all the time, it was a slow leak of carbon manoxide that was causing her headaches (migraines). But Dawna's teeneage son was not beeing affected by them, but dawna's daughter who is also a teenager, was being affected by this slow leak.
I hope this ino might help you.
I hope this could be a simple answer and that is all it is.
To be on the safe side Ree get some one to come and look at your heating unit, they should bring some sort of carbon manoxide reader, to see what sort of leak if any you have in your home.
Jayne
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:17pm by Jayne » IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 5:49pm »

I always have problems when I get to diggin around in the closets cleanin em out or lookin for stuff.......this is an old old house.......old old dust I stir up..... maybe it's sum sort of allergic reaction.......I hear that flu hits ya fast as hell and knocks people on there asses befor ethey can figure out what hit em. Hope it's not ch...hope she's ok! Pam that's apparenlty allergic to 'old' dust mites
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 7:56pm »

Pam,  
At least you know it is not CH.  Females don't get CH! laugh  I would go along with checking the heat system.  I work in a lot of old houses and sometimes have trouble while working in them.  A lot of times the heating system will have an accumulation of dust and dust mites that are a particular problem when the heat is first turned on.  Also a lot of older houses have chimneys that are not lined.  The mortor will develope small cracks that will allow CO to filter through.  CO will effect people in different ways, and one of the worst is headache.  

We will be praying for you to find the answer.  

jc
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 10:25pm »

We have a new heating system... A few years back yes we did have problems with Carbon monoxide... almost killed my family... actually the thing was going off and Dave kept resetting it.......... I think he was trying to kill us........... I think the heat is effecting her by drying her sinus'.  I hate the heat in our house... no happy medium either too hot or too cold........... very dry air........ today she seemed to be coming down with a cold.  That HA was probably the pre condition to this cold that she is getting.......... thanks for all of your concern....... ree
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss