Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 8:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Scrooged? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Scrooged?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Scrooged?  (Read 396 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Scrooged?
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The older I get the more I appreciate the story of "Scrooge"

When I was small, I remember Christmas by the butterflies in my stomach knowing Santa would visit during the night and deliver everything i could ever dream of -if i was good-; Finally the dim light of morning and we raced for the tree, my mom and dad joined us with tired but happy smiles; I remember Christmas by the way my mom would shop for, pick out and then come at me with my dress, shoes, tights.........and then with dreaded brush and comb  put my hair in order for CHURCH....I remember Christmas by the sounds and SMELLS my parents disbursed from the kitchen, warm and intoxicating and delicious.

When i was bigger, Christmas was a blur of social parties with folks my own age all stretching towards adulthood..........it was a reason to go out and sing carols and drink a lot and if you  were lucky, ya had someone to drink and cuddle with.......and ya felt like the world was in your pocket.

When I was older and BIGGER still, I married and bore children; and together with my husband, began to learn in earnest what Christmas really means... Not what we can put under a tree for one day, but what we bring to that tree each day all year round, with gratitude and appreciation from where it all came to us from.

I'm 42 now.  I know Santa will not deliver everything my heart desires, and I've learned that we all earn what we reap; I know that dressing up for Church does not make God love me more; .......I've learned that ("I think"Wink )God wants for us all to love eachOTHER.

So, my Christmas wish for all here is Peace - inside and out - i send a smile to each heart and soul here - and hope all are safe from pain be it physical or spiritual***  That's my Ghost of Christmas Present - Present-Wish.

Peace Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:33pm by kim » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Scrooged?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:15pm »

For someone who talks funny most of the time, you're sure making sense  here Kim.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:22pm »

Zounds.  Shocked

Pretty neat Kim. I was waiting for another shoe to drop but you gave me a break.   Smiley

Very nice sentiments.

Charlie  Cool
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:37pm »

O.K. Lets take this a step further.

How about "it's a wonderful life" ?

Where would any of us be right this second if DJ had never been born?

I shudder to think where I would be.  6 Feet under would be my guess.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 7:09pm »

AWWWWWWWWWWWW Kimmie that was beautiful...

ok who are ya and what did you do with Kim???

just kidding~~~ I always appreciate everything you've got to say even when you are wacking me upside the head like a big sister...
( now I find out your my little sister by 3 years)love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 7:31pm »

Hey Kim.........
awwwwwwwwwwww............that was good!
thank you!

tina
IP Logged
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:34pm »

kim.  

you know what? you're just aglow...this makes as much sense to me as your kimspeak -  THANKS.  i love ya smartie.  

love,
patty
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 11:57pm »

Awwww Kim,
That was so sweet.
Bless you to this Christmas.
Love  
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
CathiP

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kimmibabe......YOU"VE got IT! You've got LOTS of it! The Christmas spirit is upon you.....and it looks good on ya, girlf!!
I love the feeling I get at Christmas.....
Round here, it used to be a free-for-all on Christmas morning.....every year, trying to make things better than last year.....the decorations, the gifts, the egg nog, always had to be BETTER than the previous year......
there's a great freedom that comes with letting go of what we perceived as "the necessities", and simply enjoying each other. This year, we will sit and enjoy a crackling fire into the wee smalls, and wish each other a Merry Christmas....and in the morning, when everyone arrives, we will take time to enjoy the gift that is the most important.....the gift of love. Oh, sure, there will be pretty packages under the tree.....but the gift will be us.....
Kimm.....thank you for the reminder....
Peace and Love and JOY to you ALL, this Christmas, and all through the New Year.
Cathi
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 8:10am »

Thank you kimster.
Have wonderful pain free Christmass please.
Nice to see back on the heavy medication.

TTFN

Kirk
IP Logged

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kim you are so right.  I told my husband all I wanted for Christmas this year was to be with my family and friends.  I don't need the materialistic junk, just the love and comfort you get from people you care about.  I do love all of you guys!
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 10:06am »

Oh Kim. Thank you! I have not had much Christmas spirit this year for some reason, which is so unlike me. I am sitting here trying not to cry. You helped me put it all back in perspective. THANK YOU! I am going to go decorate my tree later this morning, for my kids and my hubby. This house needs some holiday cheer!

Bless you dear Kim!
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss