Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Poll:  Where do you inject? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Poll:  Where do you inject?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Poll:  Where do you inject?  (Read 1499 times)
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

Re: Poll:  Where do you inject?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dave gets his upper arm once in a great while with a full injection. Most of the time he gets the 1/3 in the leg thats if he doesnt wait too long. If he waits then its a full dose.
Leesa
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 2:27pm »

Yeah Leesa, that's the problem i have a lot of times when i wait to see if i even need an injection, or to see how much of one......I tell ya , it's almost a catch 22 with the timing of the dose......Inject too early, then ya might not have even needed it.....Then inject to late, you end up using a whole one, when you might could have used half of one at onset and got along just fine......It sure is a really hard guess sometimes of what and when to do!

So, if i think i might need atleast a half of one ( cause sometimes it seems to me that i can tell a little) i just go ahead and do it, then if that wasn't enough, and the HA keeps building regardless, i'll take the other half Injection.

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 2:44pm »

The only reason we even have to give it a second thought is they only allow us to get the amount of Imitex that would be appropriate for a meeeegraineur.

Until they stop treating us like meeegraineurs and give us access to a true "month's" worth under our plans, we are subjected to this unnecessary psychological battle that's causing us pain.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:30pm »

I do my Imitrex shot in my arms..... because it works immediately... Grin

PFDAN, Zaira
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:01pm »

I normally wait to make sure it isn't "just a shadow" (30 minutes max)...If I hit a kip 5 though, I am stabbing.  Currently, I am getting all the trex I can use at no out of pocket expense, so I am not using the tip.  I stab in the thigh (holding the needle in for a count of 8 ) in a rotation schedule (leg1 top, outside; leg 2 top, outside)  Pisses me off to see a dropplet still on the needle even after holding it in that long...like I missed some or something...   Grin  If I have a couple of PF days, I don't care where my rotation schedule was, I just start over and stab!

I am sure I am hitting muscle in the thigh, but it seems to be doing the trick in about 10 minutes or so, and I can feel the trex ride start up in less than a minute.

trex ride = scalp tingling (always) + minor throat tightness (sometimes)

I have even stabbed right after running induced an attack.  My HR was about 149 and I bled like a stuck pig.

Chris
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:01pm by Prense » IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
jonny

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Left shoulder (Avoiding tats) using the Trex tip.

.........................................jonny
IP Logged
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #31 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:32pm »

Trex. Stat dose auto injector. Whatever part of the body that isn't covered with clothing at the time! Arm, leg, belly, it doesn't matter to me. When I'm in cycle I never have shadows, I go from kip 0-10 in about 15 seconds! If I had to inject that shit into my eyeball to make it work, I would do it!  

Seeya, PFDAN

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:34pm »

Left upper arm...
I used to be so skittish about using a needle to inject anything. However, I would rather stick a needle in my arm than have a CH. I did the 'Trex tip for awhile, and it worked sometimes, sometimes it didn't.
I started using vials, and the first syringes were diabetes syringes. They were thin and small, and the area I would inject would itch and burn for awhile. When they gave me bigger needles, I was like "WTF? This would scare an elephant!" What is funny though is, it doesn't hurt, itch or burn like the smaller needles did. Only thing I can think of is that with the other small syringes, the dose is closer to the outer layer of skin, so that is prolly why it itches. Hell, I'd inject it straight into the temple if I had to. I just don't deal with pain very well. I would rather use the vials and syringes over the statdose injectors. I think it is faster acting if you inject it into the arm...faster than the leg. Just my opinion.

headbanger
Carl D
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 8:36pm »

I do mine in the hip.  I've had to switch hips and sometimes forget where I've stuck the damn needle beforehand, so I end up sticking myself like a centimeter away from the last one I did. Roll Eyes  It's a pain, but the relief is worth it!  Also, hubby has injected me on more than a few occasions when the pain is so unbearable, it's hard for me to keep my hand still long enough to do it myself.  Oh, and I use a full dose.

Smileymel
IP Logged
mickey
New Board Newbie
USA 

You can run but you cant hide. Love the Beast

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:19pm »

I always inject in the top of my thigh, tried the arm but always jerked away and lost the shot.
I've also been at a kip 9 or 10 before and forgot to cock the bang stick you twist it on to the shot and pull it out and its already squirting that sucks especilly if its your last shot. But the top of the thigh works great, I've even gotten to where I can do it while Im driving , if I've got shorts on . Also my neuro just perscribed me shots of torodol which dont work, But the needle for them is 1 and a half inchs long. I give myself the shot in the fat of the ass and I dont feel a thing.
By the way how do you get the imitrex in to the diabetic needle? I would like to try that sometime.
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:29pm »

on Dec 15th, 2003, 11:19pm, mickey wrote:
I've also been at a kip 9 or 10 before and forgot to cock the bang stick you twist it on to the shot and pull it out and its already squirting that sucks especilly if its your last shot.

Been there done that. Sure does SUCK. Wasted two shots in a row plus the one I used for the Headache one night.

Talk about an expensive abort !!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss