Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Laid off, but a benefit i'd like to explore! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Laid off, but a benefit i'd like to explore!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Laid off, but a benefit i'd like to explore!  (Read 384 times)
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

Laid off, but a benefit i'd like to explore!
« on: Dec 17th, 2003, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My company is laying me off as of 1-09-2004. They have a benefit that i have never used before, but am considering it this year. They will match any donation that i contribute up to $50,000.00.

OK ya'll, If ya'll will donate your money to me, I in turn will donate it back to OUCH and get a matching donation from my company! LMMFAO!!!

Patrick, who is slicker than snot on a door knob sometimes!  Shocked
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Elaine

Email

Re: Laid off, but a benefit i'd like to explore!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LMAO now thats the thing to do Smiley!
I will send you $10
It seems like all lay offs come either right at Christmas or right after it sucks. Right when everything is due.  
I am sorry to hear you were laid off!
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:22pm »

Uhhh... aren't those matching contributions for a retirement fund or something like that?  You'll pay a nice penalty if you 'use' that money, at least here you do.  Also, at the company I worked for that did the matching, you had to vest the matched funds over time.  So, if they matched your $50,000, you'd only really own it all after 4 years.

Or, is this specifically for charitable giving?  That would be an awesome benefit!  How can they afford to do that?  What if 100 employees all donated $50,000 to OUCH... would they be obligated to match that with $500,000?
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:24pm by fubar » IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 11:38pm »

Yup, Its for Charitible giving bro. I work for the biggest company in the world, so they can damn well afford it! I have till 1-09-2004 to decide how i will donate my money! Usually i give it to the Cancer society!

Patrick  Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2003, 6:36am »

BUMP

I think we should really take this thing seriously.
Get a Patrick-A donation fund started so that his company helps out greatly for laying him off.

I donate big time ( that equals $2.15 in life savings  + Christmas bonus of a $5 gift voucher at the local liquor store lol)

But yeah hey lets start things and all benefit fron Pats misfortune  

Patrick_A O.U.C.H donations

i will donate $100 DOLLARS US  $125 Aus if we start this  
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss