Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not CH Related...but it Pissed me off! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not CH Related...but it Pissed me off!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not CH Related...but it Pissed me off!  (Read 498 times)
Jimmy_B

Email

Not CH Related...but it Pissed me off!
« on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

http://news.bostonherald.com//localRegional/localRegional.bg?articleid=5 93

I like animals...as much as anyone. But if PETA attempts this to any one of my children...they would wish they had Clusters.

Jim
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

Re: Not CH Related...but it Pissed me off!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:51pm »

I am with you on this!  I believe animals have rights, but when does PETA have the right to hand anything to a small child.  Parents who this has happened to need to make a stand.  This is crossing a big line.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:52pm »

I'll borrow one of jonny's big black boots and kick their asses.
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:53pm »

I agree with you on this.  
Using kids is bad, it should be stoped. They are crossing a line when they do that it should be stopped.

Its like the school they teach our kids smoking is bad and thats good. They cross the line when they send home a book that teaches that smokers are bad people.

It seems like sometimes groups cross the line and I think they are when they do things like that.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

this same thing happened to a little girl I know whose Daddy is in the Army... someone approached her and told her that her daddy was a killer......... people are sick when they try to change world issues by attacking children...........  

damn vegitarians.........(only kidding i love veggies too)
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Cluster_head
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 2:02pm »

That story has inspired me to start a local chapter of PETA.

No,  not that kind.  Mine stands for People Eating Tasty Animals  Wink

My wife doesn't wear fur,  but if someone were to hand my children something like that,  fur would definitely be flying. Angry
IP Logged

Tim

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 2:03pm »

I just can't imagine how I would react if someone approached my child with an issue like this.  I would probably end up in jail or something.  

I don't understand why people feel it is their right to force their beliefs upon someone elses children.  Children have a hard enough time in this world without things like this happening.

By the way, I am really pissed off about this.
IP Logged
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 3:21pm »

My two cents (and before I am labeled an animal hater, I would never gratuitously hurt an animal and I love my pets like they are children):

I know a lot of people believe that animals have rights.  I offer this argument to that (specious) assumption:  The belief that animals have rights is the product of a misunderstanding of the nature of rights.  Rights are derived from the capacity to reason, and thus people have rights and animals do not.

A right is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a person's freedom of action in a social context.  The value a person receives from other people depends on their freedom from physical force.  However, the value a person receives from animals depends on their lack of freedom from physical force.   While you can receive food, clothing, et cetera from other people by allowing them to freely produce these things and trade them, you can only get food, clothing, et cetera from animals through force. (Please note that force does not equal violence.)

To give another example: A dispute with an animal cannot be resolved with discussion or the threat of legal sanction, as it can be with a person, and so to prevent animals such as mountain lions, mice, and cockroaches from attacking you or invading your property, your only option is to initiate force against them.  This is why a person should refrain from initiating physical force against other people but not against animals, and this is why people have rights and animals don't.

The issue of gratuitous cruelty to animals is tricky.  Morally, gratuitous cruelty to animals should be condemned because it reinforces the immoral habit of destroying other's lives rather than promoting one's own life.  Moreover, such cruelty can be only the product of gross irrationality, for it is natural for a person to empathize with another living being to the extent that the two resemble each other.  While such cruelty is emotionally offensive to many people, and rightly so, this does not mean that animals and humans share the same level of existence nor that animals have rights as humans do.

If anyone from PETA would like to discuss this issue, we can talk about it over a rare steak and a glass of milk.

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 3:25pm »

Lips Sealed Angry finger

PETA ruins any good they do when, they do stupied crap like this!!!!
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 3:26pm »

Just came in to say this is still pissing me off!
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 3:28pm »

Yeah what hirv said so well. Still pisses me off though.

TTFN
IP Logged

CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 3:52pm »

I've heard of these people throwing paint on someones fur coat in protest. I have not, however, heard of anyone associated with PETA or any such group, throwing paint on some Hell's Angel's leather jacket.

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 5:17pm »

An unreal friggin' waste of time, energy and money. How about using it to make some poor kid's holiday a little brighter rather than get in the way of a good time?

It's incredibly ineffective and parents don't need something else getting in the way of raising kids.  

Dumbth. Roll Eyes

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss