Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ways to alleviate Holiday Stress? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ways to alleviate Holiday Stress?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ways to alleviate Holiday Stress?  (Read 433 times)
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

Ways to alleviate Holiday Stress?
« on: Dec 19th, 2003, 8:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I could use some suggestions on how to ease some Holiday stress. This year just seems terribly stressful for me and it is making my battle with the beast harder than ever.

The ex-wife (she and I usually get along) is driving me insane! Her son lives with me and has for over 7 years. We won't go into that or how I feel about it... But she bought him a drum set about a year ago under the conditions that it stayed at her house. Then she moves into a smaller apt. and without so much as a word brings it here. SO now we have a drum set in the house. The boy is heading off to college in a year, but she can't buy him appropriate gifts that are going to benefit him down the road. She buys new drum heads and new cymbals. Like that is going to help me. ARRGH! She is supposed to come get him tomorrow for the vacation, but then tells me she might show up tonight. We have never had a problem with her staying here when we can get her to pick our son up, but we do like to know for certain when she is coming. It is a 3 hour drive one way for her to actually come down here. (Of course when we take him down we do it in one day, but that is us, so it is ok) Common courtesy, right? She is just really stressing me and I am really trying to keep my mouth shut. She is very inconsiderate of my CH and my husbands MS. We don't complain a lot, we don't ask for a lot. But when neither of us are doing well, is it too much to ask for a little consideration and respect?

This situation on top of no money, other company coming next week, a deadline on the paper and the beast raging is really causing havoc for me. I am getting hit so hard. 6 or 7 times a day, Kip 6-9, sleeping about 3 hours a night. I am trying to be pleasant, really I am, but I feel like I am going to blow-up at any moment.  

Any ideas on how I can diffuse this within myself to keep the peace? I am at a loss here. This is not worth making myself worse over, I keep trying to remind myself of that. Should I just throttle her? LOL

Thanks for allowing me to let off a little steam, this in itself has helped a little. Smiley Don't know what I would do without you guys!

Merry Christmas to you all!
IP Logged

Jackie S.
thomas

Email

Re: Ways to alleviate Holiday Stress?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 9:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Take a deep breath, and be thankfull that you're a much more responsible and thoughtfull person than she is.  Pitty her her shortcomings and see if that helps, if not find a pillow and scream into really hard. Wink
IP Logged
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 9:14am »

you did the first thing I would do and that is vent to an uninvolved party with no opinion on the situation so that you don't find youself defending the person whose driving you nuts!

If it is really that bad, have you considered just having a talk with her?  Let  her know how bad it is for  you and your husband right now.  Sometimes people just don't realize what they're doing, because you're putting on a good front she has no idea what she's doing.  Try just talking to her, I bet you'll feel a heck of a lot better and I bet she understands 100%.  

Good luck sweetie and here's vibes for PFDAN!  Wink
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 10:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You should get a good hot cup of tea, a wonderful book or magazine and some good music.  Sit in a comfy chair and chill out.  Tell everyone to leave you alone.

After I had my son, my Dr wrote me a prescription that said "20-30 minutes of alone time per day.  Relaxation is vital as this may cause drowsiness."  Best prescription I ever had.
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 10:11am »

Thanks ever so much! Just venting has relieved my stress quite a bit and my poor hubby didn't have to listen to it. He is relieved without even knowing it. LOL

I am going to clean house, suck O2 when I need it and chill today. Oh and wrap some gifts. That should make me feel a little better.  

Tomorrow is another day...one day at a time right? Moment by moment.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:15am »

Let's see ways to alleviate holiday stress.....

Wear antlers and a blinking nose and then go shopping, every once in awhile stop and ask somebody if they have seen a big fat guy dressed in red, cause if the boss caught you shopping during working hours he would just kill ya..... Grin

Gena

P.S. this is even better if you take your sons along....
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 1:52pm »

Make some tea...  Laugh at least 5 times a day. Even if that means coming here and looking at the really bad jokes that are listed on this message board...  Go to your husband and get at least 3 hugs a day...  One last thing... Take a "time out" whenever YOU NEED IT...

Those 4 things make life much easier to deal with in my house.
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss