Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I have a question? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I have a question?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I have a question?  (Read 527 times)
CindyC

Email

I have a question?
« on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Evening all.
My husband has clusters.  He had been doing very well on his meds and O2.  Then yesterday we left our home state and travelled 800 miles ( by car)back to spend christmas with relatives...
MY QUESTION IS>>>>
Does traveling and changing altitudes make chs worse?
He had been ch free for several days.  Yesterday on our 13 hour drive he had to have several (2 mg) injections.
We just wondered if there was any coralation between traveling and severity of CH.
(of course we had no O2 with us!!!)
Just wanted some input...thanks
Cindy C
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

Re: I have a question?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Man, That sure is a long way when ya know ya got a CH coming at anytime.
I truly dont know the answer to your question. Some will say yes about the different climates and altitudes. I personally dont know. I think no. I think the bastard comes when he is ready to come.

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:25pm »

It sure sucks, but for me it's:

Anytime Anyplace. It's all up to the BEAST. You gotta stay be prepared during your cycle.
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:38pm »

I can't say either way, but, usually I doubt it makes much difference. Can't rule anything out though.

Good luck,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:50pm »

I don't know the answer to that question "by definition".....but i do know from expreience that disruptions life's patterns can "bring on" attacks.  Sudden change from daily habits........change-up ; that's what i call it.  Change-ups trigger ?????
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 11:54pm »

I have to go with "when in cycle" anything can happen.  I have heard people say though that major altitude changes (like flying really high) it can trigger a headache out of cycle.  When in cycle .......... anything is possible.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 12:31am »

Thats how I first started with the Ch. Long drives from Maine to Mass on weekends. Long drives get me everytime.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 12:40am »

Yes, I think driving up and down mountains can bring on an attack.
About the airplane thing, I've never had an attack during a flight. Maybe because the cabin is pressurized pretty much the same at all altitudes.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 1:14am »

Bob's right I think. It has been mentioned before. Someone in California used to post it often. Can't remember the details. It probably does affect them.

Good or bad? I don't know

Welcome aboard

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 1:56am »

When I was in the mountains, high altitudes seemed to insight the headaches,

It better to go down.  Do what you can.

Steve G

IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 3:30am »

I sure hope it doesn't!  I am driving 15 hours up to Massachusetts on Sunday!  BUT, I will have two tanks of O2 with me!  There is no way I would attempt a trip without my O2!  I don't even go downtown without it!

But, now that I think of it, what started this present VICIOUS cycle (within my normal chronic state) was a trip up north to New Hampshire!  I started this about three days after I returned.  Hmmm??  Gee, wouldn't it be great, if THIS trip STOPPED them!!!!!

But then again, other trips have not affected my CH.

BTW, welcome aboard, and tell us more about your stud muffin.  Also, get him to join our wacko crowd.  He will never find anything like it to talk to and finally meet with other sufferers!  NO ONE can relate like another sufferer!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 6:54am »

Must be something about massachusetts!
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
rumplestiltskin

Email

I have a dumb look
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 8:55am »

Seems any radical change can effect clusters...positively or negatively. Why? (insert dumb look here) I dunno.

After many years here reading a bezillion wacko posts I am convinced that this phenomena is responsible for many people's claims of "causes, triggers, and cures" which are relevant to only them. I have read of some pretty strange things which effect folks clusters. I'm convinced it's the "radical change" effect ...true only for that person rather than something which effects most Clusterheads.

Unfortunately someone effcted by a "radical change" phenomena posts it as a universal "cure or trigger" and then gets taken out back and receives a severe beating by this board.

Case in point: Many years ago someone ,named Dally are Dolly, posted that rubbing apple cider vinegar all over one's chest, arms and back while letting a plug of blue cheeze melt under his tongue aborted his clusters. I tried it and it worked...3 times in a row...uh then...it stopped working. BUTT it actually did abort 3 Clusterheadaches for me...I know...I was there.  

"Radical change phenomena" exists. Some folks have things that they are convinced are "triggers" for them. Things that have no effect on any of us. In some of these cases the person is just screwy...but I believe some are real.  

Ya just never know.

The brain is a strange thing...add Clusters to it and ya got a fertile ground for desperation, fear, psychosomatic quirks and  
a plethora of individual demons and angels.

The pain is all.

We travel a road of deep darkness to bright light...frequently. It tends to make most of us a little crazy. We experience on a regular basis, terrors and peace that most folks can't imagine.

Welcome. Click on all the links. Imerse yerself in the info here. Nothing works for everyone...something works for everyone.

Walk in the sunshine
den
PS: Get a small e tank of O2 for the road.
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 9:03am »

I think it has more to do with being overly tired.
I noticed at the conventions I have been at that when people do without rest they seem to get hit.
If I go without sleep I get hit. I think when we are pain free we over do it trying to get as much in as we can before we get hit again. Those long drives will ture you out.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 9:06am »

Like the first guy to milk a cow, what was Dally or Dolly trying to accomplish in the first place?
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 7:59pm »

on Dec 20th, 2003, 3:30am, ClusterChuck wrote:

But, now that I think of it, what started this present VICIOUS cycle (within my normal chronic state) was a trip up north to New Hampshire!  I started this about three days after I returned.  Hmmm??  Gee, wouldn't it be great, if THIS trip STOPPED them!!!!!

See see!  I've been tellin ya New Hampshire SUCKS! Grin
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 12:52pm »

For me, my ch is better the higher in elevation i go.  The closer I get to the beach, the worse it gets.

I agree with Elaine that missing sleep or messing with sleep patterns and being overly tired causes my ch to worsen.

I drove 6 hours into west texas and had a bad ch, this was after working all day.

I have a phone number, toll free, where if you have a copy of his o2 prescription, they will find an o2 supplier and get some o2 for travelers.

i found this very helpful when I went to knoxville last weekend.  as my neuro told me....don't go ANYWHERE without o2.  I have a traveling tank that goes in a pouch with a shoulder strap.  if you don't have a copy of your rx for o2, you might call his neuro and ask them to fax a copy of the rx to you or the o2 company nearest you.

i.m. me if ya need the number and good luck.

renee

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss