Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Holiday poll........... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Holiday poll...........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Holiday poll...........  (Read 4321 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Holiday poll...........
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Funny..........i can actually see us being siblings Shocked  LMAO! Grin

Did i just mess up this thread Huh Cheesy

Sista Kim Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2003, 3:14pm by kim » IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 5:58pm »

Best present I ever got as a kid? Hrrmmmm.............gotta be the Semi-Auto Winchester 22. rifle my dad got me when I was 13. Nothing like a gift of firearms to warm the heart.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:51pm »

Best christmas...  lets see I was 5 and my nana had gotten out of the hospital and we went up to San Luis to see her.  She was my fovorite person in the world.  She was not supposed to be left alone as she could have a stoke at any moment.  My dad, sister and Granddad went swimming and my mom took a nap. Nana asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. We were gone about an hour and when we got back, all heal broke lose. They were all yelling my nana that she should not have been alone. blah blah blah.  Then I yell at them to Stop. That she was not alone that she was with me.   Mom turned around and said what would you have done if nana passed out?  And very calmly I turned to her and said that I would run and get a grownup and tell them to call the hospital and police to get nana help.  My nana at that point laughed and said that she was probably in the best hands being with me, cause that was exactly what eveyone else would have to do.  

Sorry for the typos I really hurt today....

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:20pm »

I sucked at sports,I was(and still am) about half the size of people my age. They would tackle me or balance the ball over my head and I would lose my temper and jump on them and bite and do whatever I needed to to bring them down. It was a horrible childhood.
 When I was 10,my grandfather gave me a banjo for Christmas. He was a banjo player himself. I can't describe the feeling that came over me. that was it.
 Here it's 25 yrs later and I still practice at least 1-3 hours a day,perform several nights a week and record several times a year. I must pick that damn thing up 3 times a day,that's over 1,000 times a year and every time I pick it up I remember that Christmas day 25 years ago and how I felt at that moment.
 Thank's Grandad. I miss you.
...Mark..5-string.
IP Logged
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:52am »

A typewriter!  Hehe!
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:54am »

on Dec 20th, 2003, 1:56pm, jonny wrote:
Dad getting out of jail two days before christmas when I was 11 was the best!! Cry

I hope you're kidding because I'm laughing my ass off!   laugh
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 1:17pm »

My all time favorit was my Fonze(sp?) pinball machine. It was to big for my room so my father put it in the garage, I played that thing non stop till about July - it melted - we lived in TX way to hot in the garage for a pinball game. Oh how I cried I don't belive I am over it yet Roll Eyes  

Gena
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
maggie_may
New Board Veteran
USA 

maggie_may_12   ladydeth12
Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 1:43pm »

I can't recall my favorite Christmas present, but I do remember that when I was 6 years old, my Mom made a video tape of me in my Christmas dress for my Grandma and Grandpa that lived in California.  I opened the presents they sent me and sang the songs that I sang at my school's Christmas concert.  I played Christmas songs on the organ and sang them.  It was great and I still get all teary-eyed when I watch that video.

maggie
IP Logged

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it. - C.C. Scott
thomas

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 1:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The Complete Works of William Shakespear, when I was 14.  They got lost in one of the many moves I've made over my lifetime. Sad
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 2:06pm »

When I was 10, I got my first pair of skis (used) for Christmas.  It was a big deal, because my older brothers wanted skis but didn't get them.

That first year, I skied at every chance.  A week before a planned spring-skiing trip to the Rockies, I broke my leg.

When asked if I'd ever want to ski again, I answered "Of course!"  I had so much fun up until then that I could barely wait to get out the next season.

I was an avid skier for 30 years until after an unrelated accident the doctor told me I'd be crazy to ski again.  Its been two years and the snow is on the ground again.  Getting IMPATIENT!!!

grant
(crazy enough to try it again   Wink )
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2003, 2:07pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #35 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 2:20pm »

Can't remember how old I was (7 or 8 probably) but I got Lite Brite and Barbie's Camper one Christmas!  That was the best!

I wore that Lite Brite out!
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 7:36pm »

Wow, this is a hard one...

My father and I never got along (very long story - look for the autobio several years from now). He never encouraged me in music, and hated the fact I wanted to be a musician. I wanted a Crate guitar amp bad, but it was too much for us poor folk. My dad put it in layaway - and the last Christmas present I got from him was a Crate G40C stereo guitar amp. He passed away a year later unexpectedly, and so I vowed to keep that amp for life. In 2000, a 'friend' ripped me off on several things, like my amp, pedals, and video camera. It was a very expensive but valuable lesson on how much you can trust someone. He could have taken anything else - but the amp hurt! Oh well - Christmas for me is all about the kids - my niece and nephew. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't even celebrate Christmas. Always a glum time of year for me. Shutting up...

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 7:42pm »

As a kid of about 7-8 years old I asked for a holster with guns so that I could be like Wrangler Jane on F-troop and I also asked for ballet slippers that same year... got em both.................... diverse ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
jonny

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 7:47pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:54am, Lissa wrote:
I hope you're kidding because I'm laughing my ass off!   laugh

Do you see a smiley after that line?
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 26th, 2006, 5:26pm »

As a child?  Best Christmas was going to Pops and Grandma's house with my Mom and Dad, three aunts, three uncles, and 11 cousins, all sleeping in the same house - 3 or 4 kids to a bed.  On Christmas morning, all kids had to sit at the top of the stairs until all of the adults were downstairs, tree lights on, and coffee made (this was in the 50's - no Mr. Coffee - it had to percolate and it seemed like hours!)

I got a Betsy Wetsy doll, and my girl cousins were jealous because their dolls didn't pee, but mine did!

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss