Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 02 Information »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   02 Information
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 02 Information  (Read 491 times)
Yogi
New Board Newbie
Canada 

New Guy

WWW Email

02 Information
« on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All

This is my first post here, but it seems apparent that 02 is really popular.

Can anyone give me details on cost and were a person goes to get some, and also how small of a tank can a person get ?

Thanks
Yogi
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:04am by Yogi » IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

Re: 02 Information
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:07am »

Hi Yogi,
Welcome to the board.
Everything you ever wanted to know about oxygen:

http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/oxygen/oxygen.htm

Good luck,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

Re: 02
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:08am »

Hi Yogi
Welcome to the board. You are correct in the fact O2 help a lot of us, myself included. Much information is avaliable on this site and the O.U.C.H. site. To start you O2 primer........

PFDAN's

PS-Michelle you are good!
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:09am by Mark C » IP Logged

Click The Flag
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:13am »

Nah, YER good Mark,
I forgot bout the info on the ouch site.
Go there Yoga and read all the medical info you can find.  Print it out for your doctor, if need be.
Take care,  
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
rumplestiltskin

Email

hotty
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As i scrolled this post ....Georgia, looking over my shoulder, asked me to scroll back up so she could get a longer...closer look at yer photo Yogi. The cluster$lut is requesting that you please post a photo of yer lower half also. She used to work in Jellystone and developed a keen interest in bares.

I have our O2 ready fer her, so post away Mr. Hunk of Burnin Love....simple minds....simple pleasures.

Understand...I am vey old and wrinkled....so I indulge her. She is a constant source of embareassment to me....butt gol darn it...i loves her just the same.

blue CHRISTmas
den
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:18pm by rumplestiltskin » IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome aboard Smiley
IP Logged
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 1:24pm »

Oxygen, as administered per the links provided for you above, can abort an attack by terminating the same activity that is terminated by subcutaneous administration of sumatriptan (imitrex injection).

"Cluster headache is a rare very severe disorder that is clinically well characterized with a relatively poorly understood pathophysiology. In this study patients with episodic cluster headache fulfilling the criteria of the International Headache Society were examined during an acute spontaneous attack of headache to determine the local cranial release of neuropeptides. Blood was sampled from the external jugular vein ipsilateral to the pain before and after treatment of the attack. Samples were assayed for calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), substance P and neuropeptide Y. Attacks were treated with either oxygen inhalation, sumatriptan or an opiate. Thirteen patients were studied of whom 10 were male and three female. All had well-established typical attacks of cluster headache when blood was sampled. During the attacks external jugular vein blood levels of CGRP and VIP were raised while there was no change in neuropeptide Y or substance P. Calcitonin gene-related peptide levels rose to 110 +/- 7 pmol/l (normal: < 40) while VIP levels rose to 20 +/- 3 pmol/l (normal: < 7). Treatment with both oxygen and subcutaneous sumatriptan reduced the CGRP level to normal, while opiate administration did not alter the peptide levels. These data demonstrate for the first time in vivo human evidence for activation of the trigeminovascular system and the cranial parasympathetic nervous system in an acute attack of cluster headache. Furthermore, it is shown that both oxygen and sumatriptan abort the attacks and terminate activity in the trigeminovascular system."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed &list_uids=7518321&dopt=Abstract

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Yogi
New Board Newbie
Canada 

New Guy

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 2:33pm »

Thank you all for the information.

I am already starting to prepare for my episodic attacks which normally start in September.

From the information that I have read I still haven't really found out how small of a 02 tank a person can get or what they cost.

Can a person use one of those emergency scuba bottles or is that too small ?

P.S. thanks for the compliment rumplestiltskin I think ha ha ha thats the only picture that I have up on www.

Cheers Yogi
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 5:18pm »

Heyyyy Yogi... on page two of the o2 button/link at left is a discussion of size and *some* costs. This varies greatly depending on where you live.  

The scuba tanks are NOT pure OXYGEN, they are simply compressed air--about 19-20% oxygen. I'm pretty sure it is addressed *somewhere* in that link. Or just click this:

http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/oxygen/oxygen.htm

good luck!
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss