Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 19th, 2024, 5:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Wishing you all the best at the holidays »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Wishing you all the best at the holidays
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wishing you all the best at the holidays  (Read 380 times)
Jim R
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always question authority....

Email

Wishing you all the best at the holidays
« on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 8:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am still CH-free, which I do not quite understand, except that I am going through amotional agony over my recent divorce, which became final 12/2.  29 days to divorce in NH.....   And the holidays are so hard and there is still animosity between my former spouse and me.  We're going to try our best over the next two days, but...

Worried aout the CH starting again once the stress reduces.  Isn't this what people say.  When stressed, they're not bothered but as soon as that diminishes, - WHAM!  I sure hope not and that this lack of CH is because of the increased verapamil (360 mg/day SR).

Anyway,  MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND PFDAN'S TO YOU ALL.  I am lurking but not posting much lately.  I am very, very depressed and unfortunately abusing substances....  Today I stopped the weed, and next will be the excess beer and then maybe even smoking cigs......  you never know - maybe I CAN do it.

All my best,

Jim R
IP Logged

"Hammer of the Gods..." (pounding on my head...) and isn't Bowie great?!
Proud member of OUCH
Episodic Clusterhead since 1978
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Wishing you all the best at the holidays
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 9:55pm »

Jim,
Thanks for the well wishes for the holidays.

Sorry to hear that you are so depressed.     Cry

Better to stay here and post and chat with us, instead of the other.  You know that we are all here.  Possibly some others here that are alone on the holidays also.  You know, as bad as things seem to be for you right now, they really could be worse!  I don't imagine that you can see that right now though.  There are so many great people here on the board......folks who are willing to take time and do what they can to help you.

I lost a sister to cancer October 24th......and lost a brother this past Sunday morning.  These things are very stressful....and painful.  But with the support from my friends here.....and the phone calls from my "angel",  
I have seemed to be able to overcome most of the pain.

Divorce, much like CH, is very painful.  Affects the whole family.  But don't let it get the best of you, sweetie.

Stay here with us and accept the great support that exists when we have life altering experiences.  You are pf.........that is an accomplishment.  If you can overcome CH, you can do anything!

Best wishes to you, Jim.......

Pf vibes

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 1:32am »

Merry Christmas to you Jim.
Sorry to hear things are rough for you right now. It makes the supposed-to-be-happy holiday time a sad time. Am glad you've backed off the pot and will do the same with the beer. All that only makes for the depression to get deeper. Stay strong man.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 5:33am »

Sorry to hear Jim. It's not fair to have to deal with this kind of crapola at this time of year especially.  Damn depression is real but you have an excuse. You better stick around though.

Stress was good for me too. I was the one stuck burying a number of relatives all at once it seemed and it was during this time that my CH disappeared. There must be something to this.  They're dead by now.

Keep up the good fight Jim.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 5:40am »

Hi Jim and sorry to hear of your sadness. I hope next year brings you happier times.
My Mom died in July and I also skipped my cycle this year so I'm thinking there is some truth to the stress thing. I'm happy again and fairly stress free and havent seen the beast yet. (Still knocking on wood) I hope the same for you.

Stay hard,
Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Tim_w
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Finer than frogs hair!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 8:20am »

JimR  
 Hope you have a merry Christmas!I know it wont be eazy We are here if you need us!
The stress thing not working for me going through a real stressful time my self, getting hit hard and often!
Hope the Holidays Are PF for you!
TimW
IP Logged

We will all go to HEAVEN we have been to HELL! -(Personal Quote) YES There is life out There (Thank you to my new suporters)
They say this will only make me stronger but I did not ask to be SUPERMAN
Jim R
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always question authority....

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 12:07pm »

Thanks everyone. And I am sorry for all your own losses.  Grief is very real and when we get through it, I am sure it makes us stronger people.  Have a wonderful holiday season.  I will be here more often....

PFDAN's to you all and to all a good night.

Jim R
IP Logged

"Hammer of the Gods..." (pounding on my head...) and isn't Bowie great?!
Proud member of OUCH
Episodic Clusterhead since 1978
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss