Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Leaving the boards and chat for awhile... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Leaving the boards and chat for awhile...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Leaving the boards and chat for awhile...  (Read 2221 times)
andy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: Leaving the boards and chat for awhile...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 25th, 2003, 11:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 25th, 2003, 10:44pm, fubar wrote:
Lizzie,

With pain, I think the more we do to control it with chemicals, the more we lesson our chances of being pain free.  Certainly, chemicals have their use, and they can be amazingly effective.  However, the moment you start using multiple (and possibly conflicting) prescriptions, you lose all ability to determine what is causing your pain.  In fact, at that point, you tend to escalate your use of prescriptions to cover all the new symptoms produced by the medications.  In this state, it is too damn easy to become, usually unknowingly, quite dependant on the meds.  It makes you believe that stopping any or all of them will lead to only more pain, when in fact this 'pain hump' is the only way out of the hell that you live in.

Fubar, I am med free also and have been for years. Except for 02 and imitrex injections when it gets bad....
episodic, with long remissions, average 1 two month  cycle every other year.

What you said is so true about the use of meds to act on the new symptoms that are produced from the old meds that you were using to act on the new meds........
    Hell, We Are Guinea Pigs for these doctors. I sure hope they are learning as much as we are about this hell that we go through.

Lizzie, I hope you find releif for your headpain no matter what it may be. Merry Christmas to All Smiley   ............andy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss