Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Christmas visitor »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Christmas visitor
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Christmas visitor  (Read 614 times)
tammystryin
New Board Newbie
Canada 

New to this process and feeling and not liking it

108336511 108336511    
Email

Christmas visitor
« on: Dec 26th, 2003, 11:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

SmileyHappy holidays everyone!
Had a Christmas visitor come over on Christmas eve Cry.  and hasn't left yet.  Clusters came on fast and furious.  Took to the couch to wait for Santa and he hadn't showed up yet at 2:22am, 2:43am, 3:13am, and so it goes.  
Went sliding with the kids today (Timmins Ontario Canada it was -3).  Hit a few good bumps Roll Eyes and jumps.  My sore bottom took my mind off my head for a while.  But that didin't last long.  Stress??  Haven't changes my diet at all much considering it's the holidays???  
If it keeps up, I'll be the only person going back top work having lost weight laugh  All I can do is pace, do house work, anything to just keep mov'in to not notice the stabs.

Happy holidays to everyone around the world and may this new year bring peace.

Tammy Smiley
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

Re: Christmas visitor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26th, 2003, 11:39pm »

There is no way I could go sledding and hitting the bumps and jumps while in the throws of a CH, much less be able to step outside in -3 degrees.  

I can't even imagine -3 degrees.

Has your sleep patterns changed during the holidays?

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

tammystryin
New Board Newbie
Canada 

New to this process and feeling and not liking it

108336511 108336511    
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2003, 1:36pm »

Thanks Renee! Smiley
When you have 2 very active children, and they are very very bored, you sort of have to put up with the pains of CH.  
Sleep patterns haven't changed much until the CH came back.  Now as a result I'm running a "Trading Spaces" and "While You Were Out" marathon laugh.  Sleeping into 8:30am because the sleep just isn't happening when it's supposed too.  

Oh well all things shall pass I guess.  Nothing but water, water, water today, some fruit and veggies and more water.

Thanks again for your concern and idea's

Happy New Year Renne adn to everyone Smiley
Tammy . . .
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2003, 1:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you tried melatonin?  It might help you at least sleep.  Sorry to hear your CHristmas was messed up Sad
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2003, 2:59pm »

Tammy, you might also try Dramamine, a lightOTC travel sickness  medication. It makes you drowsy, but does not let you get to the REM phase, which is mostly when the cluster strikes.

You can't keep it up indefinitely of course, for you DO need your REM-sleep.

And, eh, Renee, a few years ago when I was still getting hit (and didn't know what hit me), I used to get attacks every other hour on the hour from 11.00 pm till 5.00 or 7.00 am.  

But since we were on holiday, in a cottage, I did the housework, drove the car, did all the visiting and coming honme, cooked the dinner, every day for 2 weeks.

I got a little woozy round the edges towards the end, but it can be done.  
Those bumps and grinds humps I would habe takenin my stride, absolutely, just like tammy.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss