Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hyperactivity »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hyperactivity
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hyperactivity  (Read 787 times)
Stealing
New Board Newbie
England 

stealingvenus
Email

Hyperactivity
« on: Dec 28th, 2003, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,
I hope you all had a great Christmas.
I have a question and would appreciate any views/ comments.
As a child I was diagnosed as being Hyperactive, This also seems to run in the Family, although I am no longer Hyperactive I wonder if this could have any link to CH's at all?
I also used to have a lot of nose bleeds and again wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

This may be clutching at straws but I think it would be interesting to find out.  
I started getting CH's when I was very very young (11) and so wonder if any of the childhood afflictions I had could have in some way maybe triggered the CH's.

Stealing
IP Logged
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

Re: Hyperactivity
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 1:15pm »

I was never diagnosed as having hyperactivity (I have hippy-parents who did/do not believe in such things), but I am certain I would have been diagnosed as such.  (I'm quite certain I would have been diagnosed as being ADD and ADHD as well...)  I also suffered frequent nose bleeds - still do.  

The hyperactivity and such I chaulk up to being a normal kid - I am just like my parents in that way.  The nose bleeds, then and now, are probably a result of a deficiency in vitamin K.  I don't think there is link to either of these and CH.

As to the OCD and Bi-polar disorder... Nah... I still don't think there is a link. Smiley

I've got CH because my brain is just too big! Smiley Smiley

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 2:00pm »

I was diagnosed as an adult with ADD - no H. Also have been clinically depressed off and on. Prozac worked on that and one round (of course, only one..) of c/h.

Chris
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 2:55pm »

I dont think any of those conditions contribute to CH!

Patrick Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 2:59pm »

on Dec 28th, 2003, 2:55pm, Patrick_A wrote:
I dont think any of those conditions contribute to CH!

Patrick Smiley

Ditto...   Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 10:47pm »

No nosebleeds for me.
No hyperactivity either.
 I do have a thyroid problem though. I have wondered about a possible connection there....but, like you, I'm always wondering/reaching for some kind of answer. I think we all are.
 But like other conditions or diseases,until a cause is found I guess  we're just "predisposed", Born with it. Even though I don't accept that. There's a cause and a cure out there somewhere. someones going to find it one day.
...Mark..
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 8:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, I used to have nose bleeds like crazy when I was in high school - I think I inherited them from my dad though - he was discharged from the Navy because his were sooooooooo bad. All my childhood memories of him include a wad of toiletpaper hanging out of his nose cuz he would get sick of holding it up there.......

I don't think I could link the two together though....
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 8:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 28th, 2003, 10:47pm, 5-string wrote:
No nosebleeds for me.
No hyperactivity either.
 I do have a thyroid problem though. I have wondered about a possible connection there....but, like you, I'm always wondering/reaching for some kind of answer. I think we all are.
 But like other conditions or diseases,until a cause is found I guess  we're just "predisposed", Born with it. Even though I don't accept that. There's a cause and a cure out there somewhere. someones going to find it one day.
...Mark..

I also have a thyroid problem.  Mine is hyperactive.  
IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 11:26am »

I don't know if I was really that hyper, but I did have a lot of nose bleeds as a kid, Not much any more. Unless I talk back to the wifey LOL

LEE
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 5:21pm »

Well kids: Most hyperactive types don't have or get CH.  I don't think it has any real bearing on this horror anyway.  

As much as we'd like to find something this siimple, it doesn't look like this answer is nigh.

Stick around and let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss