Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters of different flavors »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters of different flavors
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters of different flavors  (Read 372 times)
daven

Email

Clusters of different flavors
« on: Mar 2nd, 2004, 8:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all,
Beginning last fall, I noticed I have 2 slightly different types of CH's. When my cycle started again it was the usual HA about 2 hours after gong to sleep. Within a couple of weeks I would have these, plus some bonus HA's during the day and before bedtime.  
I started a course of Prednisone and that ended the rem sleep HA in the middle of October. Since then I have had a cycle of 3-4 days of HA's usually in the evening that I can knock out most of the time with Tylenol Allergy sinus and O2, then a quiet day or two. No CH's at night (thank god!!) Then it repeats. The pain is identical to my rem CH's. I get swelling of the glands on the side and back of the neck several hours before the CH which, if rubbed, will trigger it. Most are around a 5-6 KIP, with an occasional CH that redefines my 10 Cry
Have any of you noticed different types of CH's?
IP Logged
Scooter
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Clusters of different flavors
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 1:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Years ago my cluster headaches use to come at night and come on a weekend or holiday (typical discrisption I think) then they changed where they would come any time but usually at the same time every day.  I also noticed I would get what they call shadows in this web sight,  I called it activity I guess about an hour before the big one hit but not always.  I also have had them start from the base of my neck and when rubbed it would bring it on.  Hope this gives you a little insight .
IP Logged
henzey
New Board Junior
USA 

civics queen who beats the beast most of the time

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The cycle that just ended for me was downright weird.... Tongue...it started out like yours as a typical episode, but then it went on much longer and had more problems with persistent low-level clusters with major ones breaking through every few days.  Finally is gone  Grin but who knows when the beast will be back.  What I have learned from reading here and other places is that we will also likely experience some odd episodes, especially as we age.  Women are likely to experience a major change in clusters in 40s or 50s....may get better or may get worse.  May be related to hormones, but may not be.   So you are not alone in having a different cycle than usual!
IP Logged

civics queen CHead
Dave in Merced, Ca.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 11:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Scooter,
Yep ... i know what shadows are. Pain is a great teacher and we definetly become sensitive to the precursors to a CH.
Hi Henzey,
I guess you are describing the same type of CH's I am having. Most peak at about a 3-4 KIP. About every 3 or 4 days I'll have a few in the 5-7 range. These are all tougher to beat down than the ones that came at night. This is why I posted the topic as 'different flavors' because they really are distinctly different.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss