Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Melatonin update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Melatonin update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melatonin update  (Read 455 times)
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

Melatonin update
« on: Mar 6th, 2004, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am doing quite well have not needed to use imigran since the 17th of february. Ain't that great? That is 18 days a great record for me and thanks to melatonine I am sure of it. However I have been hit regularly but not higher than kip 5. I also have Sunkt at the moment but if there is a kip scale for sunkt they are kip 6 to 7 but are so short that they hardly register. I think that it worries my close one's more than me. I only have time to reach my eye or temple and yell and it is gone. I phoned my neurologist to ask what I can take for it and he said nothing it is not curable. Only thing that helps (Dutch name) Dezeriel but seeming this did not work for my clusters it wont work for Sunkt. Believe it or not  I would exchange Sunkt for Ch any day as long as it does not happen at kip 9 (I think.)
However I am quite tiered lately. Always have been when using Verampamiel but this Sunkt is also thaking my strength away. Jet I must and cant complain! Verampamiel at 2 X 200mg is not bad I have used 960 a day with all the side affects  and never achieved the results I am getting with Melatonin 12 and verampamiel 400mg!

IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

Re: Melatonin update
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 9:32pm »

Try adjusting your melatonin dose after talking to your MD.  0.3mg mostly got rid of my attacks and 0.5mg killed them.  Seriously consider that you may be using too high of a dose.  A lot of people have had good results with lower doses.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2004, 9:33pm by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 3:06am »

I have to add, im on my 4th nite adding melatonin to my verp and i feel great.. My shadows have subsided to near nothing.. Im only taking 3mg at night. Thank you all for the info. This site roxs... bow
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 11:54am »

Also, maybe some B-Complex 50s vitamins a couple times a day to handle the seratonin synthesis might be helpful.  It made the melatonin more efficient  in my case (I believe).

John
IP Logged
bubu
New Board Newbie
Poland 

EMPATHY!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 8:41am »

i used 4.5mg of melatonin, (a pill and a ha;lf of 3mg )before bed, i slept throught he night and had minor wakeup pains.
i really think it helped, it was the only drug i used but then again i think my cycle was already ending.
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 5:57pm »

I am having good success with 15 mg non timed released, I used 1 mg pills to slowly increase until I found the best dose.  Using 14 mg or 16 mg allows more breakthroughs. I don't know why bit I guess it is just the nature of the beast.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
thomas

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm so glad that so many people are posting about getting relief, whether it's melatonin, clusterbusters, lithium and verapamil....... Man this just makes my week. Grin  Here's some stuff from the archives on melatonin.
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/7403.html
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2004, 12:31pm by thomas » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss