Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: An interesting thing about opiates »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: An interesting thing about opiates
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: An interesting thing about opiates  (Read 344 times)
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« on: Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hang in there Freddy! I know it's tough. I've said this before but I'll say it again, if you can't get relief by any other means, I see nothing wrong with wacking the pain with whatever it takes, and long as you do it wisely. I will probably get flamed for this, but if you really feel you have no other recourse, I can tell you that I have taken oxycontin during an attack about a dozen times last summer.

It wasn't that bad. Frankly, I don't see Rush Limbaugh's fascination with it. I could still function relatively well. Probably the worst side-effect I had was sleeplessness. It definitely will NOT end the headaches, though, it is only a temporary reprieve.

I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I would be remiss if I didn't relate my personal experience with it. Doesn't mean anyone would have the same experience.

And I did not become addicted. I didn't take it everyday. I took one about every three or four days.

That was before I came to this site and re-discovered Oxygen. Now my oxycontin collects dust.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #1 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 3:28am »

If you have exhausted all normal routes of medicines I see no reason why you shouldn't try something in an opiate for relief.  It has done wonders for me.  Keep in mind where morphine failed me fentanol has done wonders.

Just wanted to add that you should really exhaust all means before going this route and think really hard about it.  I am trying to go off of the patch now and have been off for 10 days cold turkey.  I tell you that opiate withdrawl is no fun!!  And is serious business.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:24pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
toader
New Board Veteran
USA 

there were fireworks on mars

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 4:59pm »

my doc was giving me morphine injections the other day

despite my worst fears of becoming a drug addict, it just made a really drowsy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss