Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « does anyone else get hit after sex? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   does anyone else get hit after sex?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: does anyone else get hit after sex?  (Read 650 times)
micksheadhurts
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

does anyone else get hit after sex?
« on: Apr 1st, 2004, 4:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all Smiley have got a ch after sex when my neck is sore and have had shadows all day Embarassed    just wondered if it happens to anyone else  it goes from pleasure to pain in about 10-15 mins sometimes headbanger bomb bigcry
IP Logged
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

Re: does anyone else get hit after sex?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 7:39am »

Its been too long to remember, however after or during any really intense physical event I get an onslaught. (weight lifting, jogging etc)

Turts

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 8:28am »

Only when the chloroform wears off before I get away. Oh, you meant hit with a cluster? Whoopsy-daisy.

Seriously, it is not uncommon for an attack to occur shortly after physical exertion of one kind or another.

PFDANs
-Curtis

IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think a couple of people have written about this before.  It has been observed for most types of headaches.  There is a big change in blood vessel tone, neurotransmitters, etc after sex.  If somebody is prone to headaches, this could trigger.
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 9:53am »

It's called an exertion headache.  I've had these in the past.  This is one type that Stadol NS will end quickly.  Bottom line is to keep track of your neck muscles to ensure you are not tightening these just prior to your voluntary protein dump.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #5 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 6:09pm »

I have never been hit after sex but I have been spanked during sex--but only in a playful manner.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 6:38pm »

LOL

Clusters or no cluster, words I will never utter - "Not tonight honey, I might get a headache."

(Why do you think I keep the o2 next to the bed?)
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
ChrisUhl
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 6:17am »

When in a cycle I almost always get hit 15-20 minutes after sex. It's bad luck, it hurts like hell but I can't help it. The beast is not gonna turn me into a nun.

FZfan, I totally agree with you on that one. Keep the Imitrex and O2 nearby - and go have some fun between the sheets.

Cheers,

Chris
IP Logged

We keep dogs in a leash. Why can't we find a way to do this with Beasts?
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 7:40pm »

If sex is what I remember it to be............it involves circulation. Some write that sex can help end the thing. I don't remember reading it as a trigger.  

Great. One more reason to keep only a fond memory.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Alan

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:57pm »

I never had clusters when I was single.  So then I never did have any headaches after having sex.

Now I am married, and since sex is something you do before you are married (and maybe once on the honeymoon)........ so no, I dont get headaches after sex  Grin

But seriously, yes - I get a major headache almost everytime just afterward.  But just dont tell my wife.  She thinks I just get hit a lot for some reason when I go down the street to the neighbors house.....
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:03am »

on Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:57pm, Alan wrote:

But seriously, yes - I get a major headache almost everytime just afterward.  But just dont tell my wife.  She thinks I just get hit a lot for some reason when I go down the street to the neighbors house.....

Good one Alan  laugh Tell her you're allergic to the neighbor’s dog.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 3:36am »

I really hate the 'after sex' h/a. . .D doesn't get one everytime . .but  the first time it happened . .the next day i was like:  listen . . we need to not do that!!! i can't hurt you like that . .. .He didn't go for it *L*
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
thomas

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 5th, 2004, 1:20pm »

on Apr 1st, 2004, 6:09pm, t_h_b wrote:
I have never been hit after sex but I have been spanked during sex--but only in a playful manner.

I have been slapped pretty hard after sex...........  Embarassed laugh
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 4:43pm »

I'm married. What is this "sex" you speak of? I might as well be a eunich or a monk or something.
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 6:35pm »

Happens to me too.........if I'm peakin' it ain't worth sneakin'. Let the sleepin dog lie.

The beast always wins.

Sean
IP Logged
Dover
New Board Newbie
USA 

One day soon

« Reply #15 on: Apr 10th, 2004, 11:51am »

I have noticed that after sex (not immediately but just during the hours after), I am more prone to have a HA and they are worse.  

I know some of you are sick of hearing about my little prolactin theory, but this is one of the things that got me thinking about it.  After orgasm, your prolactin levels spike and you are not able to engage in sex again until they taper.  That's your refractory period.  Prolactin causes the refractory period and determines how long it will be.  Until that happens, the muscles of the penis that control blood flow are flexed.  Only when they relax can erection occur.    Muscles in your legs or arms experience charlie horse pain from cramping, and this too is usually due to a high level of prolactin preventing the muscles from stretching back out and relaxing.

What if the prolactin were to cause muscle cramps and spazms in the muscular tissue around the skull?  What would that feel like?
IP Logged
wingnut04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Will Kryptonite Help??

Email

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20th, 2004, 9:27pm »

I'll be sure to let you know if this ever happens to me...........the sex I mean...........!

Seriously though, can't comment yet. Been in this cycle for 4 weeks......been high and dry for 5.
God I love that women!

Kevin
IP Logged

During those times when it's absolutely, positively unbearable, just remember..........
Someone, somewhere, is having a harder time than you!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss