Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Try again.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Try again..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Try again..  (Read 270 times)
kamccran
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Try again..
« on: Apr 9th, 2004, 8:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok I just typed out this looong message but forgot to put a subject in it, and when it told me that, I lost the whole thing. Gah. Might be a good thing seeing as I have this ability to ramble. Smiley

Anyways, long time no post! School work has kept me waaay too busy, however I have thought many a time about this board!  

It's currently 6:20am here in Guatemala and I have been awake for hmmm about 18 hours. Ok so that doesn't sound bad at all. (It's Spring Break, I'm allowed to sleep in!) but when I say that I got *no* sleep last night.. that changes things a little - for me at least!
I felt the CH come on at around 9pm but because it was so small, I decided to ignore it. - It was just an annoying 'it feels like there's something in my eye that shouldn't be there' kind of feeling (like when an eyelash gets in your eye) and I thought it had kinda gone - it was coming and going - but then I began to feel really ill, which I blamed on eating too much junk food (ahem. fruit and healthy stuff...  Roll Eyes ). anyways.. long story short... I got no sleep.. I tried propping up pillow upon pillow upon pillow but it didn't matter - as soon as my eyes were closed, that's when the pain came flooding in. The CH wasn't all *that* bad... I mean, obviously it's pretty horrible, but ugh I'm just annoyed that I got no sleep! The last few times it's come around, it's been when I so desperately just wanted to go to sleep, in my nice cosy bed! Like last time, I had been up working until about 2am ish on some homework that I left until the last minute (obviously) then half an hour later, CH comes along, lasts an hour an half, which gave me about 1.5 hrs of sleep before having to get up for school the next morning. Oh that was lovely.  

Anyways... rambling again... gah...  

Oh, I almost forgot to say - I went to see my doctor about a month or so ago, he ended up saying that I suffer from 'vascular headaches'... (Really??) and prescribed me Imigran/Sumatriptan tablets (2 tiny little pills for Q150 - just over £10!) which I'm not sure if they even work.. but then I don't know - the CH's might've been ever worse had I not taken them..  and Riboflavin. Yep, I have to take 400mg of Riboflavin a day.. Anyone heard of that?...

Anyways, I hope you are all as well as you can be!

Kirsty.
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

Re: Try again..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 9:39am »

Have you ever heard of Melatonin? Its purchased in stores in the States over the counter..has started to help me.
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

You Only Have One Life to Live - Why Not Try IT!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 10:49am »

I am not quite sure, but my doctor since 93' has been giving me pills called Doxepin which you take at night and they knock you the F*ck out. The theory is that while your being treated with the preventatives, hopefully you will sleep through the pain, and break the cycle. Correct me if I am wrong but I am guessing this is the same reason Melatonin is  working so well for people also. If I am wrong please correct me.

Hai
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 11:25am »

Kirsty,
If you can get an Oxygen bottle it will probably help you.
It helped me some. I dont take meds but i do use a combination of hot showers, hot compress, and finally ice packs to relieve pain.  
Where are you in Guatemala? I visited there years ago.
Went from Lake Atitlan down the rio de la passion and flores, tikal.
Good luck.
joe
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Apr 9th, 2004, 10:49am, Hai wrote:
I am not quite sure, but my doctor since 93' has been giving me pills called Doxepin which you take at night and they knock you the F*ck out. The theory is that while your being treated with the preventatives, hopefully you will sleep through the pain, and break the cycle. Correct me if I am wrong but I am guessing this is the same reason Melatonin is  working so well for people also. If I am wrong please correct me.

Hai

No, the melatonin works, for some of us, because a lot of ch sufferers have low levels of it to begin with, it works, not as a sleeping aid to sleep through the night time hits, but actually eliminates the night-time hits.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2004, 12:00pm by thomas » IP Logged
kamccran
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #5 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 3:27pm »

Ahhh. Finally! it's 1:30 and I just woke up from a 2 hour sleep! Wasn't too good at the beginning - I was trying so hard not to fall asleep, but I must of drifted off without realising, which was nice. Smiley

Thanks for the replies - I shall look into what you all said!

Luke - I have heard of Melatonin, but I'm not sure why.. can't help but think it was mentioned in my Psychology class? Hmm...

Joe - I live in Guatemala City at the moment. I've not actually been to any of the places that you mentioned, though I have heard of them obviously. My parents have been to Atitlan and Tikal, and they really like it both places.  
My friend's aunt has a house at Atitlan so we're planning on going there for a weekend or something, just to chill. Smiley  
What did you think of it over here? I really like it - am glad I decided to move here rather than going to Boarding School. It's a whole different culture, obviously, which is at times very scary, but when it's not, it can be really cool. Smiley
IP Logged
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

You Only Have One Life to Live - Why Not Try IT!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 6:11pm »

Thanks for the clarification Thomas. Maybe I will take a dab at the meletonin then. Will prob have to drop the Doxepin during the trials.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss