Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do clusters move around? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do clusters move around?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do clusters move around?  (Read 387 times)
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Do clusters move around?
« on: Apr 15th, 2004, 1:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just recently started talking to a doctor after finding some information about cluster headaches.

He is pretty convinced that this is waht I am suffering from.  He pretty much diagnosed me after I told him that it feels like somebody is trying to pry my eyeball out of my head and that I sometimes literally beat my head against the wall during an attack.

My question is if the focus of the pain moves around during an attack.

The pain with me is always on the right side but, depending on which way I have thrown myself to try to get comfort, the focus of the pain will sometimes move from behind my eye to just above my right ear or to the back right side of my head. Sometimes, it even feels like my teeth are going to come shooting out of my head.

The pain always stays just as intense but simply moves to a different location

Is this common or is a sign of a different class of headaches?

I am so happy to find a place like this where other people actually understand the pain of these headaches.
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Do clusters move around?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 2:51pm »

Yes, that's common. At least with me it is.
IP Logged

Chris
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 3:25pm »

If you get a picture of the trigeminal nerve check out the third branch--the one that runs behind your eye. You can expect pain to be localized anywhere that branch extends. Also with clusters it'll either be on the right or left side of your head where the pain occurs but never both.  

As a suffering newbie you may in luck that you're episodic and will have long breaks from the misery you're currently enduring. Hope you reach some PF days soon...

[
nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 4:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My experience:  90% of the time, the intense pain is in one spot. Sometimes it moves down into the jaw and teeth.
IP Logged
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 4:53pm »

For me... it moves...it dances... a real party animalWink

Pegase
IP Logged
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 4:55pm »

Oh yeah Welcome aboard dude... if you need something just ask on the board and someone will help u for sureWink

Pegase
IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 7:03pm »

mine move all around my eye socket, I press down hard on it with two fingers, or the palm of my hand, then it moves, I move the pressure, then it moves, just keep repeating this over and over. It's part of my dance.

Welcome to Clusterville Mr. explodingeyeball. Read up on all the info here. If you are diagnosed with these horrible things, talk to your doc about oxygen. Read the link about it to your left. You definitely want to try this as soon as possible.  

I sincerely hope you don't have these, but if you do, you needn't go any further to seek help, support, and understanding. Welcome home.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 11:20am »

Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome here.

I'm sure I will find a lot of usefull info here. I have read a lot of the links on this message board already and  I've found a lot of stuff that makes me think' That's exactly what happened to me!!!!'.

I don't know if this little trick does anybody else any good but I've found that one thing that gives me a little bit of temporary relief during a monster HA is to put pressure on my head just above my right ear. I don't know for sure but there must be a nerve or something associated with these HAs that runs there. It hurts like hell when I let the pressure off but man does it feel good to get a coule of seconds of relief.

During the day at work, I usually wear a cap (Nascar NAPA 15--YEEHAAA!!!) if I'm getting daytime HAs like I am right now. The cap keeps a little bit of pressure there and I am actually functional. My boss understands and doesn't have a problem with it. (Thank you very much.)

I will also ask my doc about the Oxygen. Thanks for that advice. I have a couple more appointments set up with him now. I am currently in the early stages of finding treament. The diagnosis is already done. He determined that it is indeed CHs. Now we are in the proccess of trying to find the right treatment since I'm sure that everybody is unique with what helps them.

One thing he wants me to try is blood pressure meds. Has anyone heard of this helping at all?

Thanks again to everybody for the advice and for making me feel at home with your (our) little group. I wouldn't wish membership in this group on my worst enemy but it's good to know that I have some people who understand CHs to talk to if I need it.

Pat

IP Logged

miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 1:09pm »

Jonny posted a pic of the trigeminal nerve (in the head) on one of these threads . . .it would have been in March? . . .I'll try to find it . .if anyone knows where/which thread, maybe it would help explodingeyeball?

*positive light and energy* and welcome to the most supportive place i have every found!
miapet

modified:  i think i still have it in my box . .. i asked how to copy it!! if i do . .i'll try to forward it?? (i'm a techno-tard if there ever was one *G*)

modification #2:  okay, i do  have it in my box . .but the techno-tard in me doesn't know how to re-post it or forward it . . .since it doesn't have a forwad thingie . . .when i get home from work, i'll try to save it and then send it . . .since it's tweaking my work puter to try. miapet
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2004, 1:25pm by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
floridian

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 2:59pm »

Quote:
One thing he wants me to try is blood pressure meds. Has anyone heard of this helping at all?

Yes, check the threads about verapamil, which is a blood pressure med.  Many people find it helpful.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2004, 3:03pm by floridian » IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 8:21pm »

Yours sound exactly like mine. I can even get the pain to move by rubbing where it is ..it moves to another spot! It's like chasing a mouse!
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 10:02pm »

okay, so I truly am a techno-tard . . .I copied the image, and it won't paste in here . . .does anyone remember the thread Jonny put the trigeminal nerve in?
explodingeyeball . . .the nerve reaches all over . . which (in my mind) explains why the pain can move all over . . .
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 12:04am »

http://www.bartleby.com/107/200.html

this is not jonny's but will provide you with the same info, i believe.  scroll down several paragraphs for the photo but the above reading is also very helpful in understanding how the pain can move around.

good luck and pf 24/7 to all
renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 1:19am »

As long as the pain stays on one side of the head. The more intense mine are, the more affected areas (temple, ear, jaw, and teeth) , all on same side.

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:57am »

Hey Eyeball...isn't the jaw and tooth pain absolutely....wonderful...just like a night in heaven huh? You're not alone buddy...thats why we're here...welcome.....Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 12:38pm »

Mine has always been focused at my eye...
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 2:20pm »

on Apr 17th, 2004, 10:57am, Luke63 wrote:
Hey Eyeball...isn't the jaw and tooth pain absolutely....wonderful...just like a night in heaven huh? You're not alone buddy...thats why we're here...welcome.....Luke

Before I knew this CH I would be in the bathroom mirror with dental floss trying dislodge whatever it was I believed was in their causing that pressure or to just dig those molars out...but didn't have the strength to do it.  Oh yeah they are Quote:
...wonderful...
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 3:42am »

Sorry Im late, Folks

.................................jonny
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 9:45am »

you rock jonny!!! thanks!! that picture explained so much for me !
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 10:21am »

So that's the little bas...d. Thanks Johnny.
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 10:41am »

That picture tells me a lot.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  

Every place that this nerve runs is exactly where the pain is.

Isn't there something yet that a good Neuro can do about this particular nerve?  

Take the dam thing out for all I care. I would be willing to have the whole right side of my head numb and drooping to my shoulder for the rest of my life if I was sure I'd never get another CH.

BTW... I constantly chase my HAs around by pressing on different pasrts of my head. It helps a little to have it focused in a different place for a while.

Luke and Redd hit it on the head about the tooth ache pain. Sometimes, I'd like to get in there with a pair of pliers and remove all of them when this is happening.

I thinks it's a good thing we don't actually follo wthrough on the things that we come up with. Man I'd look kind of silly with no teeth on the right side, a glass eye, a hole above my right ear,  and with my whole face numb and drooping down to my shoulder.

IP Logged

5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #21 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 11:07pm »

on Apr 18th, 2004, 3:42am, jonny wrote:

Hey look, that's one of my "mug"shots. jonny, how did you get acces to my police records man? those are supposed to be confidential..
...Mark..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss