Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cycle ending? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cycle ending?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cycle ending?  (Read 312 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Cycle ending?
« on: Apr 17th, 2004, 1:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok this is a question for the veterans.  Since this is is my first official "cycle" I suppose, I hope that I can get feedback on what is happening here.  

Details are...Meds...Verap still at 300 mg. once a day at night extended release..day three on topo at 25 mg once a day at night imi injections when needed, needed 3 so far...ony the middle of the night wake up call.  Works like a charm.  Quit the lexapro last night (just didn't take it).  

Here is the deal.  I'm coming to the end of week 6 of this chit.  I know the meds are at very low doses, and I haven't been on the topo long enough to have done any good.  Yesterday was day two that the the demon skipped his usual afternoon visit.  My take on this is that the cycle is ending.  I'm only being hit with the night attacks.   I'm pretty sure that it has little to do with the meds, and more to do with just nature running it's course.  Would I be correct in this assumption?  I'm going to continue to moniter the night time attacks as these have occured frequently over the last year and a half before this full blown cycle, as well as if there are any daytime hits that are still at functional level as these have happend at ramdom too over the years.  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

Re: Cycle ending?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 1:28pm »

For me...but in not a veteran... after a couple of days... Verap seems to lower the frequency and level of attacks... Also, my regular schedule seems to changed too... but my cycle didnt stop yet even though i'm pretty sure im near the end now cause I'm having HA just once in a while... after a drinkWink

Pegase
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2004, 1:29pm by Pegase » IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 2:39pm »

It's hard to say.... The meds are probably helping.

The reason I say that is because I think it's pretty common for most of us that the cycle gets fast and furious just before it ends. I normally have to endure weeks of almost constant, horrible headaches before they end. And then all of a sudden *poof* they're gone.
I've never had a cycle end gradually. It always gets much worse before it gets better.
IP Logged

Chris
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 3:05pm »

Me too, mine always get way worse, turning into a 24 hour marathon, until I'm ready to pull out the caliber of my choice. Then they stop.

Chris
IP Logged

west17m
New Board Newbie

Call me Tag

west17m
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 3:10pm »

This is my third cycle (week 12 now) and I have a six day stretch that was PF.  Needless to say, I was sorely disappointed on day seven.  Right now I'm just greatful for any day I don't hit a 7 or above.  Best of luck.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 4:23pm »

Ok...lets make this day three..

otherwise, you guys aren't making me feel any better..(joke)  so it is possible/probobable that the daytime visits will return..and that things are going to get worse again before they get better?  Guess I just want to prepare for whats ahead if that is even possible.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Thorns
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ahhhh....that feels good!"

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 5:25pm »

on Apr 17th, 2004, 1:14pm, Redd715 wrote:
I'm going to continue to moniter the night time attacks as these have occured frequently over the last year and a half before this full blown cycle, as well as if there are any daytime hits that are still at functional level as these have happend at ramdom too over the years.

Just curious, how frequent was "frequently" over that time period? I don't want to be negative, but if these have been occurring frequently for a year and a half you could be the 'c' word (chronic) rather than episodic.  

However, some people do go back and forth. Last year my cycle lasted almost 9 mos. rather than the typical two cycles a year that last 3 mos. each. Just when I thought I had become one of the converts--poof, all gone!!!  Smiley

Thorns
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 6:11pm »

[quote] Just curious, how frequent was "frequently" over that time period? Thorns [/qoute]

I wrote about it in the general posts under Just pissing and moaning.  Yeah I've done alot of reading not only here but in a few other med web pages.  I guess chronics can also cycles.  It's not typical but also not unheard of.  But I've had this same left side pain for 13 years on and off... Guess it's been the Kip level that had me fooled into believeing that one was different from the another..since I didn't even know what CH was till this "cycle" started.  (I may be using the terminology wrong, I'm a newbie to the idea of CH.  Not new to the pain.)
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 6:41pm »

on Apr 17th, 2004, 5:25pm, Thorns wrote:

I don't want to be negative, but if these have been occurring frequently for a year and a half you could be the 'c' word (chronic) rather than episodic.  

Thorns

I was getting the grill ready for dinner with the kids and something hit me.  I've read it here.  Even posted on it, but it never fell into place.  Alcohol is not a trigger for me.  Never has been.  Is not even now that I've been in this daily for 6 weeks. I've had the occasional glass of wine and a few beers, and the HA's have come as usual. No change in frequency.  Just as things start to get easier to understand it's all gets so confusing again. The only thing I find that is constant with CH so far...nothing is absolute.
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 4:03pm »

Ok...it's 3 PM and day 4 with no afternoon visit.  Night hits there is no change...Please help me understand what is going on here.....
IP Logged

Giuliano
New Board Junior
Italy 

enjoy the silence

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22nd, 2004, 4:07am »

The cluster bend .for me ,has no sudden surprise.My one is the 15th years attack,and any year the same.First  ten 10 days level 1-2 then 3-4 ,close to the end level grows up 10 at the last one.Then still a couple lower and it's gone.Cycle 40 -50 days.See you next year.
Verapamil changes the rules..less pain,some days even 4 PF....But need go over the 6th day to bure it lates up next year.

Giuliano
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss