Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Had a 1 week vacation »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Had a 1 week vacation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Had a 1 week vacation  (Read 324 times)
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Had a 1 week vacation
« on: Apr 19th, 2004, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Went for 7 nights without waking up with a HA, then woke up Thurs. night with as bad a HA as any I've had. Did a DHE shot.....didn't seem to do much. Started taking topomax again the next day(25 mg. in morning, 50 mg. at night).....still getting HAs every night but they are decreasing in intensity. Will call neuro today for advice. I'm pretty disappointed, having gone through a 3.5 month cycle and thinking I might be out of it and then having the bastard return.  
     I'm guessing the Thurs. night HA was so bad because I'd quit taking all meds and didn't have anything in my system. The quality of the pain was just piercing and relentless.....I guess you all know what I'm talking about.
        Rich
IP Logged
west17m
New Board Newbie

Call me Tag

west17m
Email

Re: Had a 1 week vacation
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 5:55pm »

Rich,

I'm am feeling you brother.  My story is about the same except my week off was two weeks ago.  Midway into week 12 now and HA's are alterating days which just makes me smile compared to previous weeks.  Stay strong.

-- Tag
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you gone down the Topamax route before? I ask because I was 4 weeks into my last cylcle 7 weeks ago, and within one week (I was up to 100 mg), the CH's stopped dead, and I have gone 20 days PF!!!!!

Problem is too many people are intolerant to its side-effects, hope it helps!

-Scott
IP Logged
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2004, 4:51pm »

Yeah, I had been taking topomax earlier in this cycle and it was working great until it quit working........I'm easing myself back on to it trying to find a dosage that slows the HAs down without making me too spacey. I can tell that I've been taking it....I find myself staring off in space thinking about nothing in particular or looking at someone I've worked with for years and I can't remember their name right away.
         Rich
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 7:03pm »

Rich,
Hoe are you doing today? Hope your better. Have you tried the O2?  
Joe
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Rich,

Soooooo many people have side-effects like you are describing. Look at this website, which was previously posted by another member:

http://www.crazymeds.org/topamax.html

I would think if the CHs broke through in a previous treatment with Topamax plus you are having cognitive problems, you are going to have to try a new medicine.

Verapamil is usually the first medicine they will give unless you have BP problems. Lithium is another drug as well. Tough side-effects for some on lithium though too.

Good luck.

-Scott
IP Logged
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26th, 2004, 2:22pm »

Scott,
     Thanks for posting the link....good information, the congnitive effects are exactly what I've been experiencing.....can't remember people's names, can't think of right word. Been taking 75 mg topomax at night.....it may be reducing intensity of HAs but sure isn't stopping them and haven't felt like increasing dose because of what it does to my mental state. Used lithium during my last cycle and never thought it did much and likewise with o2.
     At this point, the HAs have just become part of my daily routine, like brushing my teeth and getting dressed in the morning (Oh, it's 11:30 p.m., time for my HA....get up, give myself a DHE shot, pace around the bedroom till HAs gone, go back to bed).
     Last evening I got a kip 7 or 8 early in the evening and didn't wake up during the night with a HA later.....this could actually be a good sign as in the past my cycles have ended by having HAs at unusual times instead of an hour or so after falling asleep.
      Rich
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss