Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What should I do? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What should I do?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What should I do?  (Read 926 times)
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: What should I do?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

She got out of the La Z Boy  Grin
IP Logged
Laura_Hall
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 12:48pm »

I did just what Mr. Happy told me to do....I opened the phonebook and found a medical supply place.  I chose one called Preferred.  I called them up and said, "My husband has cluster headaches and needs to have oxygen therapy.  How soon can we get it and what do we need to do?  She said that they needed a prescription from the doctor and the insurance clearance.  I gave her the doctor's phone number and told her to work out the insurance later that I would pay for it.  Then I called the doctor's office and told them that they would be calling for the prescription and that it was an emergency and we needed it right away.  They were here with it in two hours!  It's $50 a month to rent the canister and $10 for a refill.  I don't know what they will do about the insurance but I would pay a thousand times that to have the result that we have had.  It's almost 11 in the morning here and NO HEADACHE.  Now I'm doing the happy dance instead of my husband doing the beast bop!
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #27 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 5:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good job.

Good Doc.

Back to the Lazy Boy.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
IP Logged
Connie
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:15pm »

Laura,
You posts reminded me so much of the ones I wrote to this board four years ago when I was in your situation.  I learned so much here and it was great that these total strangers stayed with me and gave me so much support every step of the way.  I know we don't have the actual pain but we hurt just the same.  I am unfortunately back again four years later and once again needed the support of this board to get me through a really tough night. Stick around everyone here is great.  

To everyone especially Sean & Chuck I cannot thank you enough for getting me through Thursday night.

Connie
IP Logged

Connie
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #29 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:24pm »

hug  

Sean................. Grin
IP Logged
kb
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #30 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 11:24pm »

Laura:

Regarding the use of Oxygen, I find that if I only use it until the headache is gone then stop right away, I don't get the "rebound" headaches later in the night (or actually morning).  VERY glad to know your guy is getting some relief. I can't imagine living with this without the support of Imitrex, Oxygen and this web site. Like most, my physician -neurologist wasn't much help. I told him how to treat me (then he charged me $800). But, he did sign the Rx.

By the way, just to confirm since I didn't remember seeing it, tell your husband, no drinking. Alcohol is a guarantee headache - a very bad one - every time.

Best of luck

Ken
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 11:26pm »

Good job.  

Good Doc.  

GOOD WIFE!!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #32 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:43am »

What a great string! Made my day just reading it! Your husband is truly a lucky man!

............................alley Wink
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
cschick

Email

« Reply #33 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:47am »

I just went thru and read all of this post.  Wow!  You must be one hell of a woman.  I wish your husband AND you some fantastic PF nights with wonderful sleep.  As for the rest of you CHs - I already LOVE all of you - such great support here.   Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss