Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What the F*** »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What the F***
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What the F***  (Read 288 times)
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

What the F***
« on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just in the grocery store, got through the line, heading to my car and feel the twinge.  Pain came on quick. No meds with me. Speed home. Trex. Relief.  Sat down at computer, start reading posts and now I feel it coming on again. What's the deal with that?  It hasn't been more than 30 minutes since I injected.  Used the trex tip so maybe it isn't enuf?  Also, I've been pretty good. 3 weeks of just shadows, no real pain, now there breaking through again.  Today is week 4 of taking the verpimil, had it increased once.  Can I inject again now?
Shit, gotta go. J Huh Cry
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

Re: What the F***
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:59pm »

Standard dosage per my doc was 1 inj. and 2nd one an hour later,if needed.No more than 2 in 24 hour period.I'm no doctor,you might want to call office first.Good luck! KissDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 2:04pm »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 1:50pm, EmpressJMB wrote:
No meds with me.

I made that mistake, too.........Once. Never again. Don't leave home w/o a "Pocket Triptan." Not once. Ever.

If you only did a partial Jab of trex (2-3 mg), you can do the other part right away, no huhu. It won't come out to more than one full Jam. If you did a full shot (or a snort), you'll have to ride this one out.

Got O2?
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 2:19pm »

Yes, I only did about 2mgs first time.  Then just did another 2. Still alive.  Feeling better now but for how long? No 02 yet. I see the neuro Thursday. This sucks.  I'm crying now cause I thought I was doing so good and its found its way back in.  I HATE THIS!!!!!!  Mr. Happy, I have now learned my lesson and will never leave home without it!  Undecided
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 4:43pm »

That's the great thing about splitting shots. If 2mg works good. Otherwise you can jab yourself 5 more times. Cheesy
IP Logged

Chris
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:38pm »

JMB,
 I do the whole monty when I inj. Get about 10 to 12 hours of relief. Always stock up in between episodes. Hope yous are feelin better. Wink
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:43pm »

Standard dose is generally not to exceed 12mg/day.

Ergo ... 2mg/shot = 6 shots per day!  

Hang in There!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss