Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « had 2 last night »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   had 2 last night
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: had 2 last night  (Read 221 times)
cschick

Email

had 2 last night
« on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ok.  My cycle last 6 weeks last year and I didn't start having more than 1 a night until about 4 weeks in.  I had 2 of the mofo's last night and I am only a week in.  The only thing I am thankful for is they were only K4-K5's and there was no crying and banging with them.  I can't stand this.  The worst part besides the throbbing in my eye is the ear pain.  I have a severe hearing impairment in my right ear, which is the side my CH's are on, and it just kills me.  When they are ending they slide down and "out" my ear which is horrendous.  I feel like my eardrum is about to rupture.  God help me, I really hope I don't end up in the ER a gazillion time like I did last year.  I know they won't help me, but I don't know what else to do.  I was reading some info about CH's and it said something about possible relation to head injury.  I had an auto accident 8 yrs ago in December and had a skull fracture in exact spot my CH's start - anyone else have a head injury then start with the CH's?  Just wondering if there is a connection.  I feel like I am grasping at straws here.  You all have some great feedback - hope I am not annoying anyone with these silly questions.

Thanks again for all the responses!  Karen
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

Re: had 2 last night
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Karen,

Sorry about the roug ride you're on.  Your description of the ha sliding out your ear turned my stomach a bit, but then I realized that it is a pretty good description for what I feel sometimes too.  

No annoyance here by the way.  About the head injuries, there was a thread a few weeks ago about this very thing.  Someone asked about all our experiences in the past with head injuries.  From what I remember it was a pretty mixed bag, some having injuries, others never having anything touch their head.  Do a search, or look back through the posts.

I find it more frustrating than comforting to dwell on why my head hurts, especially while in cycle.  But that's just me.  I just know that there is this thing in my head called hypothalamus, and it hates me.  Why it hates me, I have no idea.  I just know that I must control it with Oxygen, Imitrex, and Pred, and not feed it with alcohol or tobacco (my particular triggers).

I really hope it gets better for you, and that your cycle stops as quickly as it started.

Casey

IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: had 2 last night
« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I do the ear thing too, it's lousy. I too feel the head injury thing is a mixed bag, right along with several other things that go along with this aliment. We are all just individuals and have to try to find out what works best for us. The good thing about this site is that there are so many different people and so many things that have been tried that are working, lots of information and that is your key to success. Educate yourself and any loved ones that share this ailment with you.
Good luck
Ruth
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss