Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Happy joyous and free?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Happy joyous and free??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Happy joyous and free??  (Read 306 times)
Guido
New Board Junior
USA 

The Miracle is in the moment

guidoguy53  
Email

Happy joyous and free??
« on: Oct 12th, 2004, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So there I was feelin all happy joyous and free? Just a few short hours earlier I had brought home my o2 after a week of hoop jumping and set backs, also my first refill of Imitrex. Armed with what I truly felt was my remedy  to thwart off the beast till this episode was over. Matter of fact I had felt so good all day I new it was going to be a pf night.  
I took 3 Melatonin and snuggled in with my lovely wife for an uninterrupted night of sleep. Twang! that first little hit just above my eye, not 20 minutes after laying down. Shit, this can't be. I had not felt anything all day. A few more minutes pass and there it is again this time a bit stronger and not going away. I jump out of bed go to my o2 and breath breath breath. The doc prescribed 10 lpm, but a few of you said 12 to 15. So 15 it is. It went to about a Kip4 maybe a 5 leveled off and after about 20 minutes was gone, ahhhhhhhh. Back into bed and a warm spoon position with my sweetie.  
Bang!!! It's now 2 hours later the fucker has woken me up @ a 5. I rush to the o2 breath breath breath. It goes to a 9. After 10 minutes I can't stand it anymore and have to dance. I felt as though a previous night the Imitrex and the Melatonin conflicted in my system and was trying to stay away from the trex. Screw that! I take a hit, 10 minutes later nothing. I'm at a kip10, head bangin, deck pacin, hiperventilatin fool once more. Hour later I fall back in bed exhausted. My lovely bride wispers her love and we fall to sleep.  
What a fuckin way to live and I have it easy compared to a lot of you. Anybody have and suggestions out of all that? If not thanks for the vent.
Guido
IP Logged

He will come. You may put him off for awhile but, he will come. headbanger
thomas

Email

Re: Happy joyous and free??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 12:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Take more melatonin and take it about 30-45 minutes BEFORE you lay down.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 12:17pm »

No new suggestions...just hug. Hang in there.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 12:25pm »

Sometimes they get through no matter what.
Don't go back to sleep until its realy gone.
Sleep elivated after a hit.
when your breathing the O2 try and get into a slow, relaxed rythme. Breath deeply from the dyaphram. Your stomache should be going in and out and not your chest
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 2:26pm »

I agree with Thomas, up your tonin to about 9mg.  I do 6mg of regular and 3mg of time release, 45 mins before bed.  Don't know about Trex and tonin conflicting, never had a problem.  When my night  hits would come I would shot the Trex, grab the ice pack and hit the O2 until it passed, usually about 10 minutes.  You want to take enough tonin to push REM back.  No dreaming.  If you are still dreaming up the tonin.  What happened that makes you think that the Trex and tonin conflicted?

T
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2004, 2:27pm by Tom K » IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Guido
New Board Junior
USA 

The Miracle is in the moment

guidoguy53  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 4:27pm »

"What happened that makes you think that the Trex and tonin conflicted?"

Years ago I was a drug abuser. I would take downers and uppers at the same time. Kinda felt like that. Thats why I asked. I last week my blood pressure was 118 over 78. So I figure I can take some more abuse, but it never hurts to ask. thanks,
Guido
IP Logged

He will come. You may put him off for awhile but, he will come. headbanger
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2004, 1:50am »

yeah "lay" propped up or in a recliner.  I spent almost 6months of nights in a recliner before.  Seemed I could finally crash for good around 5  (after the 3am hit) instead of a little later around 6 or 7.  Maybe coincidence or maybe it bought me 2 extra hours sleep.  Hang in there.  You seem to be doing a really great job  reading and learning as much as you can.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2004, 1:29pm »

Ditto on Thomas' suggestion!!!!

Increase if you don't have any problems that would be effected by the melatonin.

That happened with me too, until i went to 6 and sometimes 9mgs.

TAKE A WHILE BEFORE YOU ARE GOING TO LAY DOWN then hit the sack and see what happens.
Sometimes there is that window of opportunity when you feel drousy. YOU BETTER TAKE IT otherwise a chance that it won't work.

good luck dude.

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13th, 2004, 2:21pm »

some folks here suggest taking dramamine and  
melintonin it does help and i take xanax. i have  
taken less xanax with dramamine
good luck PFDAN TO ALL
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss