Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Reality check for newbie »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Reality check for newbie
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reality check for newbie  (Read 341 times)
tommy2tone
New Board Newbie
USA 

Reality check for newbie
« on: Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to all, and thank you in advance for your replies.  First of all, I want to pass along my great, great admiration and sympathy to all you CH sufferers.  Wow.  Most people don't even know CH exists!!  

I'm looking for a reality check.  I have just come through a 2-week series of headaches, all on one side (kind of behind and above my right eye) all coming on very quickly and lasting about an hour.  I had a lot of tearing in the eye on that side, too.  Classic CH, right?  Except the headaches were quite mild, ranging from annoying to painful - nothing as debilitating as a real CH.

I have also in the past had single, searing, sudden headaches in the same place - it felt as though someone were trying to push my eyeball out.  They come on suddenly, last about an hour, then go away - but not in clusters.  Random, single, and years apart.  Oh, and I am 50 years old, male.

So does this sound to any of you like I'm about to join you in your little CH hell?  Will the next bout, if what I am describing is really a cluster, be worse?  And the next??   After reading some of your posts I'm scared to death!  You folks have a great community but, no offense, I SO don't want to be part of it!!
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Reality check for newbie
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2004, 12:33pm »

Hiya,
Try not to be scared to "death"...you just might wish it j/k sort of.

Welcome and it does suck but you MUST research and get yourself to a doctor.

We can offer tons of support and guidance but whith the exception of a few, I'm not sure of medical degrees... though many of us unfortunately know more.

Take the quiz to the left and for discomfort there are a number of nonmedicinal treatments that might help alleviate some of the pain....http://www.clusterheadaches.org/resources/non_script_treat.htm

If you think that when you have an "attack" you're gonna die than you might have the beast or some closely related cousin.....check out this site and you might find some more info http://www.upstate.edu/neurology/haas/index.html

I hope you don't and regardless of diagnosis I wish you many pain free days and nights.

Now go read!!

Best,
E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Reality check for newbie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2004, 7:48am »

There are a many eye disorders which can present as cluster-like pain--so a check up is appropriate.

If these random attacks started within the last decade, all the more reason for a good work-up. Cluster-like attacks which first show up in middle to late age may signal more serious problems.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss