Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone?? Eddie?? Question on shots rigth now »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone?? Eddie?? Question on shots rigth now
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone?? Eddie?? Question on shots rigth now  (Read 348 times)
becky8

Email

Anyone?? Eddie?? Question on shots rigth now
« on: Oct 26th, 2004, 11:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just gave myself my first shot WITHOUT using the injector. It worked great without using alot, but I went in to far ( I did it on my thigh) and now there's alittle knot there. Is that okay? Next time I won't go in so far. Also I hope I didn't hurt the needle putting it back in its holder, I tryed to real careful, but how can I tell if anything is wrong with the needle next time, other than obivous things??
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

Re: Anyone?? Eddie?? Question on shots rigth now
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 1:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wouldn't worry about the knot, it's probably about gone now anyway. It's probably just the trex, happens a lot to me
I wouldn't worry about going too deep either, I regularly bury it without problems.
Don't know about damaging the needle but if it isn't bent in half I wouldn't worry about that either.
Sounds like your doing fine! Smiley

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 1:09pm »

Cool!
I don't think it CAN go in too far....
curious.
I bet the needle's fine too.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 4:19pm »

Can you get the vials ?

UNsolved
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 5:58pm »

Hi,

I tried it too a couple of weeks ago, it didnt work for me, i'm glad it did for you.

I too went in to far (all the way), it started bleeding which normally doesnt happen with the auto injector. I checked it out and it's supposed to be inserted for about half an inch, lets say, half the needle.

Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
warrior
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 7:35pm »

I have found with the shot to give it in my tummy and it works best there for me.   I really like the injector better especially when you have a full blown CH, it is hard to get everything done when you are in so much pain.  Take care and good luck.
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26th, 2004, 9:07pm »

As long as you used a place with plenty of "padding" you should be fine.  Trex needs to be injected into the  subq. tissue - not the muscle.  If you're very thin, your stomach is probably the best option.

I'm with Unsolved on this though - try to get a script for multidose vials.  Personally, I have a severe aversion to injecting myself with the same needle more than once.  There are also other options regarding this.  PM me if you need more info.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #7 on: Oct 27th, 2004, 3:48am »

Well done Becky!  Cool

Don't worry about pushing the needle all the way in - I always do and never have a problem. Check the needle is not bent next time you use it. Just put it SLOWLY into the holder next time, no force whatsoever, just let it drop in by itself and it will be ok.

John

IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27th, 2004, 6:08pm »

I inject in my pincushion (upper left arm.) I bury the needle, use a q-tip for a plunger (the flexible Q-Tips will fit in the top of your carry case folding nicely) and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 27th, 2004, 7:18pm »

on Oct 26th, 2004, 9:07pm, Kris_in_SJ wrote:
I have a severe aversion to injecting myself with the same needle more than once.  

And I'm with Kris on this one.  

One needle = One use

Unsolved
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 2:47am »

Definitely go for the vials if you can get them.  One needle = one shot, then dispose of properly.  More sanitary.  You can buy the short sub-q insulin syringes with a smaller guage needle.  The bigger the number, the thinner the needle, ie 30 guage needles are thinner than 25 guage needles.  Thinner needle = less pain.  You can also better regulate your dosage with a graduated needle rather than guesstimating on the stat dose vial.

I use a .5cc insulin syringe with a 31 guage short needle.  Box of 100 from the WalMart pharmacy cost around $10.00.  It's like I'm not even giving myself a shot.  For me the stomach is the easiest and least painful place to stick myself.  

Give it a shot.  Grin  Pun intended.

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss