Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « sharing »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   sharing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sharing  (Read 1204 times)
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: sharing
« Reply #25 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 9:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 5th, 2004, 3:16am, Pinkfloyd wrote:

I know these are all generalizations for the most part and I suppose some people think...

Perhaps, but conceptually similar to the theories of Shelley E. Taylor in her book, "The Tending Instinct"

Also, done better and taken further by by Simon Baron-Cohen in "The Essential Difference"  if you are interested.

Kevin M
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 9:30am »

If I could share the pain, it would only be for an instant.  I would not wish this on anyone.   People who dont know this kind of hurt just don't understand.    
   I live alone now----wife and her kiddos live in a different home.    I choose to be alone when the CH hits.  And it hits all too often.  
   It is way too difficult to explain why the shotgun in the mouth would be better than tolorating the pain behind my eye.  It becomes right embarrassing to have folks see me tramping around the meadow, crawling on all 4's, then tramping again.  
    Its right embarrassing to me that I have folks revolving around my headache.   Thats why I have choosen to let them live their lives while I live mine.
    I am sure that someday, I will pull the trigger and attempt to put an end to this.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hey, as long as your hip  to this now!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 10:18am »

[color=Teal][/color] hug  wave     Hey Miapet, as one wife to another or whatever your situation is now its time to work together to help D through dealing with the beast together. Im learning all the time , and soooo grateful to this site and ALL the GREAT PEOPLE ON IT!!!!!  Check out my topic : how stupid  could I be;. Sometimes I beat myself up way to much ,they will tell us what they need from us and with love, support, and doing whatever makes the chs comfortable, which most of the time is to just leave them be till it passes, thats all we can do. As Im sure you have read so many chs either dont have anyone there for them or they cant handle it so they bail. You sound like me and want to do what you can to help, thats not to say that there are not alot of us out there, just keep reading this site. I know how hard it is to see your loved one going through this. Im  so happy your here and Im looking forward to hear from you soon!!!!!!! OH ,laughter is so important as we go through this JONNY IS CLASSIC FOR SOME REALLY GREAT AND SICK CHUCKLES [smiley= !!!!!! and remmember to keep your self healthy and pray to whatever higher power you believe in( god has been a great comfort to my tomato and me).   Well Im off I wish and pray for a HA free day for D!!!!!!     Snook
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #28 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 10:26pm »

Mia,
 My wife is my salvation during some attacks. I know after so long with her that she does indeed feel my pain.
This has been confirmed by testing. A spouse was introduced to pain while the other watched and the docs monitored the physical responses and this confirmed it. She knows when I'm getting hit as fast as I do. On top of it by the time it's rampin to 3or 4 she has the imi ready, coffee brewing and a cold towel waiting , she knows when to help,leave,run, tolerates all I do in the middle of the fight, and knows when to say get in the truck your going to the ER.
 Biker: Please sell me your shotgun! You dont need it.
 PF vibes to all
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss