Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What a stupid thing I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What a stupid thing I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What a stupid thing I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 857 times)
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

What a stupid thing I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Nov 4th, 2004, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Red][/color] Embarassed Cry Shocked    Im so mad at myself, and how dumb could I be.!!!!!!  Just when my husband was coming out of his chs, little shadows but that was it. Then like an IDIOT I started cleaning and put carpet fresh on the rugs not even for more than 5 mins,  as soon as I realized what I did I  vacuumed right away but it was to late. Now hes in the bedroom having the WORST CH he has had in weeks. I feel SOOOO bad, even though things have been really stressed around here cause of the fear they might not be gone, we were doing ok. I must admit he really hasnt been himself, we have had the flu bug, and after 8 months of a cycle (CHS). Hes just plain beat up, 45 pounds lighter even though hes always been thin, the chs really sucked the life out of him( when hes in the cycle as you all know the lack of sleep, meds verapamil,zomeg and strong pain meds he cant eat or is so limited to food do to the fear of triggering a ch.) And now because of my stupid mistake well like I said I cant even go near him hes in sooooo much pain. So to those who wonder about perfumes etc dont make the STUPID mistakeI did, now Im afraid I started his chs all over again, that Ill have to live with now I feel so bad and damit I should know better, PLEASE MATES , WIVES ETC be very careful dont make the mistake I did because of me now hes suffering so badly.    Snook
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: What a stupid thing I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 6:09pm »

Human HUN!!!!!!
Don't beat yourself up @ all!!!!!!!!
I'll take a hit for a clean apartment Wink

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 8:07pm »

Snook - you have really got to stop beating yourself up!  I'm sorry your honey had a backslide, but you're only a human woman doing what human women do alot of ... clean things!

For future reference ... that Carpet Fresh stuff really sucks.  Plain baking soda.  It's cheap, effective and has absolutely no odor - flowery or otherwise.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 10:13pm »

actually, stupid would be doing it again.
It is smart that you recognize it and WON'T do it again.
relax.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 3:55am »

Don't sweat it.  You're going to drive yourself crazy blaming yourself for "causing" something that he would get whether you're there or not.  Besides, I second that I would take a hit for a clean house.  Hell, maybe I should just clean my house!!??!!  Undecided
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 4:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As a sufferer one thing I've learned is this "The world is not going to adapt to me because I have headaches, I have to adapt to the world"

It could have been carpet fresh, a change in pressure, a long drive. Who knows with CH. Cant live in a bubble.

I'm looking at my carpet now and it's looking like nothing short of a KIP 9 is going to get it done. Oh well. A dose of carpet fresh, shakin not stirred, with a shot of imitrex chaser and its done.
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 1:13pm »

Dont beat yourself up about it.  The world must go on and shit needs to be cleaned.  Your husband must be a lucky man if you get upset this much about giving him a headache.  It shows you really really care.  Tell him to go for a walk, next time you need to clean.  A little fresh air never hurt anyone  Cheesy.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #7 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 1:57pm »

on Nov 5th, 2004, 4:04am, don wrote:
...a long drive...

I've never been hit while golfing...then again, I don't drive the ball that long!   laugh
Seriously, it could have been anything.  I told my wife, before we were even married, you can't do anything to bring them on and can't do anything to make them go away.  They are an enigma all of their own.  She still has trouble dealing with them, I end up doing support for her after I get done being hit.  Don't beat yourself up, stay on the boards, PM one of us or give one of us a call.  We will help you get through the "down" of the hits.

T
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 3:13pm »

Snook, take it easy.  

So, you started to clean the house, so what?  Roll Eyes

DON'T blame yourself!  

So many things trigger CH. In my case, things which trigger it once, doesn't trigger it necessarily twice. It could be that your husband's CH was on it's way before you started to clean!

Besides, what has been done, it has been done. Forget it. It's ch under the bridge.  

Wishing you the best,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 9:47pm »

Snook,
 Its the beast not you. And how about the CH diet huh?
I lose at least 20 lbs. every episode. Carry on, your doing a good job.  Grin
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 11:49pm »

If you didn't beat yourself up just a tad, you'd be less than human. So......learn from your mistake, don't make it again, and correct it. Have your carpet extracted/steam cleaned with plain water (and maybe a touch of baking soda or activated charcoal) for a few farthings, and get rid of the contaminant. Consider it a life lesson, and give the big lug a hug. Won't be the last time any of us screw up the program. Don't forget to take a look at the thread on perfume triggers, either.

Remember, none of us have cornered the market on STUPID...
RJ

Edited out of chemical additive necessity
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2004, 11:53pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
micksheadhurts
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 8:50am »

Embarassed ;;dont worry mate  it happens to all of us
its not your falt
IP Logged
Testy1
New Board Junior
Saudi_Arabia 

Email

Snook
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 4:59am »

Stop beating yourself up about it. If you hadn't put down the carpet fresh he would have probably had a CH just because he hadn't had one for a while.
I can avoid all triggers, live right, and do everything possible and the beast will pay me a visit anyway. I'd bet your hubby is the same.

Best wishes.

Jack
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss