Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tiredness »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tiredness
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tiredness  (Read 394 times)
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

Tiredness
« on: Nov 13th, 2004, 4:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know you will hate me,  
(because I get more than 8 hours of sleep.....)

but the sleep doesn't counter act the darn ch

I am still irritable, tired and ehxausted.

What do you do to push through the exhaustion?

Huh
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
pubgirl

Email

Re: Tiredness
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Are you using a lot of triptans? If so, this may be the reason. Aborting with 02 for me lessens the tiredness.

Wendy
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 7:49pm »

O2 might help. I can't remember if you're chronic. I'm chronic and never get hit at night, so I never used melatonin. I had some trouble sleeping recently and was told it would help, but it can be a trigger for chronics so I had to keep the dose really low. I started with 3mg, and found it not only let me sleep, but I felt rested when I woke up. I can't recall the last time that happened! So- I'm not taking it everynight, just the ones when I can't sleep or feeling really worn out. Might work - but if your chronic be careful...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 8:30pm »

Hah!  Good question.  Let's just say exhaustion happens with much less sleep than eight hours too.   Grin

Coffee is a handy "get me through this and I promise I'll go right to bed when I get home" treatment.  Somehow, second-winds will appear in the picture too.  
  The problem I have with lack of sleep, which leads to my exhaustion, is that my tolerance level needs to be kept in check.  I try to maintain civility despite whatever person who is trying my patience, and is not aware of my thin ice of composure, nor do they care to know.  
  With exhaustion, I try to operate on a more relaxed level when dealing with people, remembering that I've a constrained capacity to engage rationally in heightened circumstances with much effort.  When possible, don't get unduly involved in stressful confrontations.  
  What to do for exhaustion with eight hours?  Take vitamins and consider it a success if things needed to do get done.  With sixteen hours otherwise left in the day, go for nine hours a night, forego the late "Seinfeld" reruns, smack that snooze button and enjoy a bit more while it's possible.  Drive with the windows down too when needed.  It could be a phase, enthusiam can be elusive at times, especially with my job.  

Kevin M
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 12:19pm »

Well, I don't have a wise advice, since my daily dose of maxalt makes me sleepy 4 hours after taking it!  Grin
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 1:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The exhaustion can come from the immense amount of energy you need to expend to deal with pain. Probably not much you can do about it.

Look at it this way.

It's a good excuse to annoy your family and co workers.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 12:09pm »

I LIVE on second winds.  Don't have any advice just wanted to blab here.  I have been HORRIBLY bitchy to my poor hubby lately, until these past few weeks I haven't been this irritable since I first started getting these HA's years ago.  Sitting here reading and thinking about how moody I have been I really really need to quit it. But I am on pred again and got solumedrol (sp?) IV last week.  I think moodiness on steroids is common right?  Well now that I've realized that I'm in bitch mode I got some apologizing to do Roll Eyes .  Wow sorry for the babble interupting your thread. still gonna post i tho Wink  

Hang in there those second winds do help wonders, I often get alot accomplished on a second wind.  Oh and I switch between Coffee and hot tea for my caffeine.  I think that helps some.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss