Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 11:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « IS THERE A POSITIVE IN CLUSTERS? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   IS THERE A POSITIVE IN CLUSTERS?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: IS THERE A POSITIVE IN CLUSTERS?  (Read 1783 times)
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« on: Nov 17th, 2004, 8:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

the only thing i can think of is that i now have a high tolerence to all other pain. i have three bone spurs on one foot and two on the other, work twelve hour shifts on concrete floors. most people i work with that have had them get an operation and are out of work 3 months. just a nucianse to me. other h/a's., bumps, cuts scrapes,and arthritis. nothing seems to really bother me.JUST THE CLUSTERS.
IP Logged
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: IS THERE A POSITIVE IN CLUSTERS?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 8:50am »

Positive side of CH's, only the joy of being pain free when they are gone. High tolerance to pain, a requirement not an option.

Ruth
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:01am »

You truly learn strength and perseverance!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:02am »

I think that CH makes all of us much better people. This doesn't mean that I would keep them if I had a choice.

I know that for me, I can understand and be much more compassionate to others when they are in pain.

I also see that most of the rest of the family here are VERY caring people when it comes to our problems.

If I would post with a rant about something CH or non-CH, I'm sure that someone would reply with some kind of very understanding words for me.

Another plus I see with the group here is that we all have a very developed (bizzare?) sense of humor. I guess that when you get something like CH, you have no choice but to try and see life a little bit differently than others.

We all have our faults but overall, I think that suffering CH has made all of us very special people.

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:15am »

Yes there is.. load's of 'em actually!

1) Here... would you have gone looking for daft-as-abrush.com? I don't think so! (I would but that's a whole 'nuvver story!)

2) You learn to REALLY appreciate good things, times, places, people.

3) When you CAN have a drink you BLOODY
enjoy it!

4) Becoming more and more computer literate every day.
Search Engines..  Grin Sad Angry Cool Roll Eyes Tongue Embarassed ... smilies.... correcting smelling pisstakes bad grammar...  

DIS SITE 'AS EJAKATED ME!!!

5) The metric system... (see the imitrex tip) you can learn it WITHOUT being a junkie!

6) You learn to look on the bright side of everything. And you learn everything has a bright side if you look really, really hard!!

Shall I stop now?!!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:19am »

WE are an amazing bunch of wonderfully compassionate, understanding, and very funny folks.  We are tough as nails and can handle just about anything. In many ways, CH has made me a much better person.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
rubberplant
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

"Why me, why me, why me!?!?"

rubber.plant@mac.com
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:28am »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 9:01am, E-Double wrote:
You truly learn strength and perseverance!!!

Hear, hear!

You also learn tolerance and empathy with other people, especially when they say, "Oh, I have migraines as well,"

james
IP Logged

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
http://www.james-gardner.co.uk
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 10:30am »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 9:19am, nani wrote:
WE are an amazing bunch of wonderfully compassionate, understanding, and very funny folks.  We are tough as nails and can handle just about anything. In many ways, CH has made me a much better person.

Amen!!
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 10:43am »

Thats the Spirit I am talking about!

Something I wonder about, and I get which I see posted rarely but none the less I think I see it..

On occasion, like when the demon is really bad I seem to dream, but I am not sleeping. Memories come back in vivid color, and I see things I have not even been to... Some is real from my childhood, and others I can't even begin to explain.

I know I am not sleeping as I simply can't when these CH's are bad...  

Are there others who re-call a vivid past in color, and suddenly realize something that occured and if so what does it mean...

This is a real question... I will deal with any answers... I don't get much choice there do I?  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 11:36am »

.....yes there is!
I have learned what truly matters in life: health.
And I have learned to appreciate PF moments a lot. Small things mean more to me now.  

Sometimes I think that getting CH was a blessing in a disguise. Oh, I am not masocistic; the pain is horrible, but it has forced me to change my life into better. Pain aside, I live happier life now than I did before CH. And that is a lot.  Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:

Yes it will not kill or maime you. The positive is in what it isn't rather than what it is.

It is not HIV
It is not MS
It is not CP
It is not a spinal injury. etc etc. etc.

It is a treatable headache.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2004, 11:47am by don » IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 1:03pm »

<<Yes it will not kill or maime you. The positive is in what it isn't rather than what it is.  

It is not HIV  
It is not MS  
It is not CP  

It is a treatable headache>>

You're not kidding.  Sometimes, when I'm getting hammered, I think about this guy I know that sits almost motionless in a wheelchair after a freak dumb-ass dive into a shallow swimming pool.  Helps me get though it.  I try to do things for the guy when I can, especially after one of my cycles.  Hell, I'm probably not far behind him --  I have 5 crushed disks in my neck.

So you're right - could be much worse.  The "why me" episodes go away for us.  

And yes, I am far more compassionate individual than I would otherwise be.
IP Logged
fullhead
New Board Newbie
USA 

GET UP OFFA THAT THANG & DANCE TILL YOU FEEL BETTA

Moorepain  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 1:16pm »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 1:03pm, marlin wrote:
<<Yes it will not kill or maime you. The positive is in what it isn't rather than what it is.  

It is not HIV  
It is not MS  
It is not CP  

Sometimes, when I'm getting hammered, I think about this guy I know that sits almost motionless in a wheelchair after a freak dumb-ass dive into a shallow swimming pool.  Helps me get though it.  I try to do things for the guy when I can, especially after one of my cycles.  

And yes, I am far more compassionate individual than I would otherwise be.

key word: COMPASSIONATE
IP Logged

Thought I was the only Wacko till I found yall!
Testy1
New Board Junior
Saudi_Arabia 

Email

Mac_Muz
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 1:58pm »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 10:43am, Mac_Muz wrote:
<SNIP>On occasion, like when the demon is really bad I seem to dream, but I am not sleeping. Memories come back in vivid color, and I see things I have not even been to... Some is real from my childhood, and others I can't even begin to explain.
<SNIP>

Yes, I've had that quite a few times when, as you say, the demon is really hanging in there. It seems to take a few weeks of constant pain and no sleep to make it happen. I usually dream in black & white and most nights can't remember anything at all when I wake up. When I'm really in the belly of the beast I get vivid dreams of places I've been and people I've met in living color and bizarre situations. I also have these occasionally when I'm actually marching around the house. These are very vivid and clear, almost psychotically so. Sad
I had always assumed it was either a side-effect of high doses of meds or that I was simply cracking up from a lack of REM sleep. I really have no idea what these are but you are the first person I've heard mention it. I never said anything because I already act weird enough with the CHs.

All the best

Jack
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:59pm »

No, absolutely not, there is no 'positive in clusters'.  CH sucks, no other way to look at it.  If, when given a choice, you'd rather not keep it, then there's nothing inherently positive about it.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 7:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

CH has given me a better insight to compassion and pain tolerance, but I have to agree with Steve " Eyes_Afire", CH SUX!!!

May we all be able to be PF soon!
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 8:50pm »

One can find good in all things. Yes CH sucks...but we deal with it. No one wants it , but it makes us what we are. The best...because we have to.
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
marcelonyc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 12:21am »

The compassion thing is key for me. there's this buddhist exercise in which one is asked to practice compassion by envisioning something unbearably painful like a mother losing a child or something and to use that imagery in practicing compassion for others. personally, the pain experienced w/ CH helps me in identifieing a part of someone who may rub me the wrong way and not taking it personally. i don't know if i would have this frame of mind if it weren't for the CH. the whole victimhood thing is very easy to slip on. there is someone who posted later concerning "CH and depression"...there's a huge positive.  

MArcelo
IP Logged
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 1:11am »

The obvious:

This place. Entertainment! (and a little help, sometimes)  Wink
IP Logged

- Aleksi
RandyB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 10:28am »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 6:59pm, eyes_afire wrote:
No, absolutely not, there is no 'positive in clusters'.  CH sucks, no other way to look at it.  If, when given a choice, you'd rather not keep it, then there's nothing inherently positive about it.

--- Steve

thankyou  laugh
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 2:55pm »

Oh yes, You can safely bet yer last green back dollar, that I wish I never even knew you all and this board was here.

But it is and so are we. i disagree with not so much as 1 positive thing i  this... I met a mess of really smart folks, some delicate some bold, but all are smart.

We suffer days like no others on Earth, and we stand up to the pain and face it squarely between the eyes.. None of us like it, but we don't get much choice.

You face the beast, you dance with the beast, you swear at the beast, and you tease it back, and I beg it for more.

It does what it does, and right now I can't beg hard enough to get the beast to retunr odd as that might seem. I want that beast back so I can know it better.

It wants my life and I want it's life so we are in a face off for life.

That beast raped me, just like it rapes you, and I want to get it by the neck and kill it. So what happens? My beast ran off to hide, and wait for a day when I forget and don't look over my shoulder..

Nope: I'ld say we are blessed for the beast and gring us here. I think what bothers me the most is seeing a post with a count of 1. At a time I answer such a post I say you are most un-welcomed here,  not to be taken as I don't want to see that poster, but I don't wish any ill on him/her..

Of course it matters not what I wish then, as there is only one real reason to be here, and we know that answer.

Of course I was around long enough to see a sick spammer who I fought down in PM's and he is gone as far as I know... I found it odd first of all that a spammer would bother with this place and finally he appologized to me for ever coming here in the first place to cause harm to folks that more than their fair share..
The appology in it self was rather a shock to me...

But no there is good in anything, even when it is a CH...

Testy1,  Yup you have been there... Strange place for sure. I can't say I understand that place... Just by reading what you said I KNOW you were there. There is no way to make up such things..  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 10:21pm »

Hmmmm good questions...  

Only thing I see good is the feeling you get when you're done with a cycle...

and of COURSE having all you for friends   Grin
IP Logged
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:10pm »

yes. Smiley  but it mite only SEEEEM that way cuz we have clusters Grin lets face it - the 'others' could be bizzy painting a TOWTALLY different pick........... Cheesy  Screw em i say Grin  .............although that may be partly whI Huh

+ Grin
IP Logged
K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 3:57am »

It teaches me hope, to never give up.  If I had to go into battle tomorrow, I'd want all of you right there with me by my side, as I would be by yours.  I know we could do some major ass kickin'!!
IP Logged
Thomas_Martin
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

Yippie.My Head is blowing up.

« Reply #24 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 3:26pm »

it has taught me that even tough I'm in hell while the CH is raging there will always be someone, somewhere that is having it worse. That the people who love me will go to hell and back for me. Finally it has made me a better person who can listen to people who suffers and understand the pain they fell and relate.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss